The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Continuous current for the internal usb connections

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
With ignition “on” I have power to the USB plugs in the cubby box and the one in the middle of the rear foot room.
When ignition is “out” I can switch the overhead power switch. However this online powers the rear usb plugs and not the ones in the cubby box.
Does somebody else has this problem as well?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
With ignition “on” I have power to the USB plugs in the cubby box and the one in the middle of the rear foot room.
When ignition is “out” I can switch the overhead power switch. However this online powers the rear usb plugs and not the ones in the cubby box.
Sounds illogical, fault or designed that way for some reason.

Vote:
Upvote 0

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:02 PM
Reaction score
Look a @Jean Mercier recent post on the footwell wires . The INT switch makes them live, I wonder if those were suppose to be run to the cubby but then they would only work if the switch was flipped.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a pain in the ass that we have to find it out all by ourselves, and that Ineos doesn't provide us with the wiring diagrams! I am really pissed of, like @DCPU said, I could do other things like finishing the endless list of jobs that my partner askes me to do :devilish:

Vote:
Upvote 0

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
It's a pain in the ass that we have to find it out all by ourselves, and that Ineos doesn't provide us with the wiring diagrams! I am really pissed of, like @DCPU said, I could do other things like finishing the endless list of jobs that my partner askes me to do :devilish:
Great point - and one that clearly illustrates the value of this forum and the contributions of members willing to make the ownership experience better for their peers.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Look a @Jean Mercier recent post on the footwell wires . The INT switch makes them live, I wonder if those were suppose to be run to the cubby but then they would only work if the switch was flipped.
Those footwell wires that @Jean Mercier checked out and confirmed are doing what IA said all along what they were supposed to be for. I suspect that in @bemax case they have connected the cuddy and rear ports wrong way round. We need to wait what others find before we know whether it is design or fault.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those footwell wires that @Jean Mercier checked out and confirmed are doing what IA said all along what they were supposed to be for. I suspect that in @bemax case they have connected the cuddy and rear ports wrong way round. We need to wait what others find before we know whether it is design or fault.
Well, I have for sure also a wiring mistake, I already posted that a month ago when I got my car:
The right hand external Deutsch roof connector (for putting a light bar for instance, with 25A spec), is activated by INT1 instead of EXT2 on the roof panel. Today I removed the 10A fuse FI28, and it deactivates power on the that roof connector, therefore no way to put a powerful lightbar there. Not my intention by the way.
I am now wondering what the left hand auxiliary footwell PowerPoint is connected to!

Vote:
Upvote 0

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
In my previous car the cigarette lighter and the cubby box USB only worked with the ignition on and would power down after 10 minutes with the ignition off.
I fitted a second cigarette socket with a direct feed to the battery for constant power (y)

Vote:
Upvote 0

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes me😡 The overhead switches should power the cubbyhole box usbs with the ignition off, mine does not! I am beginning to think mine was wired up by One of the cleaners on the electricians day off!

Vote:
Upvote 0

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Yes me😡 The overhead switches should power the cubbyhole box usbs with the ignition off, mine does not! I am beginning to think mine was wired up by One of the cleaners on the electricians day off!
Really? I wouldn’t want that.
Power up the UHF (drivers side footwell) or nav station (passenger footwell) yes but not the cubby (charging phones/handheld).

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Really? I wouldn’t want that.
Power up the UHF (drivers side footwell) or nav station (passenger footwell) yes but not the cubby (charging phones/handheld).
Because it is totally switched off now when ignition is off!
There’s no way to get power for eg the phone charging…

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@PBD It may have been wired correctly, but if the allocation of power to a particular circuit is governed by the CANBUS network, then it becomes a software issue🤬
A proper test and evaluation protocol would have sorted this in the prototype... deeply disappointing.
I must admit that one of the redeeming features of my old RRP38 was that an online version of the full workshop manual contained detailed wiring diagrams, a list of every connector, splice, fuse and component and a b&w photo stating where it was located.... if only!!

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Because it is totally switched off now when ignition is off!
There’s no way to get power for eg the phon charging…
Ah, i see. I normally do all the charging while driving.
Failing that there’s multiple options: inverter, portable jump starter etc.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having read all of these posts I am (as I had always intended) going to take a direct feed from the battery (second one in my case) an run it through a separately fused power distribution box (Rigrunner) in order to power essentially anything I want.

d27e125cf35a4bca1633cbfe0f4144fd.jpg

Once we get the actual wiring figured out on the vehicle, those will be a bonus!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just posted this on @Jean Mercier thread about footwell 12v supply but m
ay be more useful in this thread. In battery box on 2 seat commercial is a permanently live power supply fused at 40A from F113 in the main battery compartment so could be useful to supply any accessories needing permanent power supply with engine and all switches off. Ineos describes it as Spare ( air compressor/dust gun) supply in the handbook IMG_1698.jpegIMG_1701.jpeg

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:02 PM
Reaction score
Well, I have for sure also a wiring mistake, I already posted that a month ago when I got my car:
The right hand external Deutsch roof connector (for putting a light bar for instance, with 25A spec), is activated by INT1 instead of EXT2 on the roof panel. Today I removed the 10A fuse FI28, and it deactivates power on the that roof connector, therefore no way to put a powerful lightbar there. Not my intention by the way.
I am now wondering what the left hand auxiliary footwell PowerPoint is connected to!
“Does the left hand know what the right hand is up to?”😃

Vote:
Upvote 0

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thing is, on the trialmaster with the duel batteries and overhead power switches, it all should work without the ignition being on. That was the whole idea for work lighting etc. The cigar lighter socket in the rear load space does get power and that’s what I run the tyre compressor off.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I was certain that mine didn't do this - as I have my sat nav permanently wired into the 12v socket in the cubby box; but I thought I'd better check again before posting; anyway, I can confirm that the overhead main power switch makes my cubby box 12v live. This is as I thought it should be from general reading of various bits of info (as in I can't reference a particular thing to say, yes, it's here in writing).

So I'd say @bemax that yours, and others with the same, has an issue.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ay be more useful in this thread. In battery box on 2 seat commercial is a permanently live power supply fused at 40A from F113 in the main battery compartment so could be useful to supply any accessories needing permanent power supply with engine and all switches off. Ineos describes it as Soare ( air compressor/dust gun) supply in the handbook View attachment 7814765View attachment 7814767
That's excellent - this also exists in my 5 seat N1.

Well done @Logsplitter.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ay be more useful in this thread. In battery box on 2 seat commercial is a permanently live power supply fused at 40A from F113 in the main battery compartment so could be useful to supply any accessories needing permanent power supply with engine and all switches off. Ineos describes it as Spare ( air compressor/dust gun) supply in the handbook View attachment 7814765View attachment 7814767
That is a really useful piece of information - many thanks for this - I will use this with a distribution box (probably switched in line as well). Really grateful.

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom