The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Continuous current for the internal usb connections

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
With ignition “on” I have power to the USB plugs in the cubby box and the one in the middle of the rear foot room.
When ignition is “out” I can switch the overhead power switch. However this online powers the rear usb plugs and not the ones in the cubby box.
Does somebody else has this problem as well?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
my 12v cigarette lighter in the cuby turns off when the ignition is off but will turn on once you flick the power switch on the roof. Hope that helps . Had no time to investigate more . But over the weekend hopefully will get the multimeter out and have a play .

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same here but the 12v cigarette lighter in the rear is live all the time?
Are you allowing for the time delay 10min after ignition off? You still should be able to operate windows for 10 minutes after ignition off.

But I'm willing to bet it hasn't got a timer delay relay like L/R

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
Ah will have to check that think the fridge was going warm for no reason thought it was live all the time left a window open today and it wouldn't close after 10 mins had to re energise the ignition.

Vote:
Upvote 0

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I was certain that mine didn't do this - as I have my sat nav permanently wired into the 12v socket in the cubby box; but I thought I'd better check again before posting; anyway, I can confirm that the overhead main power switch makes my cubby box 12v live. This is as I thought it should be from general reading of various bits of info (as in I can't reference a particular thing to say, yes, it's here in writing).

So I'd say @bemax that yours, and others with the same, has an issue.
Was it plugged into the cigar lighter socket or one of the usb ones? None of my usb’s or all the vehicles at JT Hughes had power , uses the ignition was on.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was it plugged into the cigar lighter socket or one of the usb ones? None of my usb’s or all the vehicles at JT Hughes had power , uses the ignition was on.
Sorry by 12v socket, I meant the cigar lighter socket. I've not tested the usb sockets.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry by 12v socket, I meant the cigar lighter socket. I've not tested the usb sockets.
USB in cubby box one come on with ignition not PWR switch.
The rear USB are controlled by the PWR switch and the ignition.
What concerns me is the 20 min timeout of the system the radio just plays on and on .

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What concerns me is the 20 min timeout of the system the radio just plays on and on .
I have had cars where the vehicle is 10 min time out but the radio separate 1 hr timeout.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey - I'd be happy if it did that.* At the moment I can't anything to tune correctly with the DAB/DAB+.

* Well maybe not.

Reactions: PBD
Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And none of this would be an issue if the manual was clear and accurate and provided the information it should.
Written by a 3rd party contractor, he delivered "something", invoiced, was paid and is now sunning himself on a beach in Thailand.

Ineos are now realising it doesn't match the vehicle, various specific systems, misses huge content areas and has references to things that are not available. Cue awkward silence around the team meeting table, whilst everybody hopes if they blame someone that's just left (pick any one of more than several names) they won't get the sack...

Vote:
Upvote 0

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Written by a 3rd party contractor, he delivered "something", invoiced, was paid and is now sunning himself on a beach in Thailand.
Unless he wrote the pilots manual as well, in which case he may well be in Outer Mongolia.....

Vote:
Upvote 0

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unless he wrote the pilots manual as well, in which case he may well be in Outer Mongolia.....
Perhaps we should all collaborate and write/compile a better owner’s manual here in this forum: ”The one and only true and comprehensive owner’s and workshop manual”.

Vote:
Upvote 0

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can see them struggling at the service:
„But wait, it’s a Tuesday afternoon build so this screw should be unscrewed clockwise, while the plus pole of the battery is marked with black colour…“

Vote:
Upvote 0

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am becoming lost with all the gimmicks we will have to remember to ensure we have full functionality of the electrics in this vehicle.... 'Quality' is above expectations I was told!

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tested my power points with contact off (no key) and roof power switch on. The specs of my car are mentioned (since today) in my profile.

The next power points had current:
  • USB power points passenger (2)
  • 12V connector rear trunk (cigarette lighter)
  • 12V connector Cubby Box (cigarette lighter)
  • 12V connector right side footwell (with roof switch INT2 on)
  • 12V external roof connector front right side (with roof switch INT1 onthis is a wiring mistake)
  • 12V external roof connectors (3) front left, rear right, and rear left (with roof switch EXT3 on)
The next power point had no power at all:
  • USB ports Cubby Box

Not tested (because not done anything with it yet):
  • 12V connector left side footwell
  • 12V connector under bonnet
I didn’t check which battery provides the power.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom