The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
I don't see it quite so critically. Many things have already been approved by the authorities. The insurance companies know the data and have set rates. The registration offices already know the vehicle. I can't imagine that there are still major hurdles. It goes on. And as I said a few times, soon it will be February and you will remember what I said. But I can only speak for Germany.
I was surprised that they managed to get the seat belt warning disabled in off road mode approved. Has any other manufacturer got this feature?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have two old seatbelt clips that I put into the anchors when I am off road in my disco 4, works perfectly, no audibles! Never been able to get the running lights to switch off though, bummer!

Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
It might sound hard but „if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen“
It’s a new car by a new company. Everybody has the right to be impatient and grunty but there’s no need for a general settlement by now.
There is a lack of communication. That’s for sure. But if you really and honestly think they will stuck now I would think asking them for returning your money will be the best thing to do.

Don’t get me wrong. I do understand that it drives you crazy not to hear a reliable voice from IA right now. And I opened the „sick of waiting“ thread for the same reason. But for me it is more about the questions what will change positively in the future but for the „answers“ what is going wrong at the moment.
We went to see our car yesterday.. allthough we can’t take it home yet, it is actually there! They say we can take it home by the end of february!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@emax Indeed I do not trust our government too. At least we see some progress in sense of Ineos shipping and production. Yesterday at a party there was some discussion on co2 taxes in housing, heating, aircondition but also on cars going on. For short time frame there’s no indication of increasing taxes or introduction of registration taxes on vehicles. There are two topics that also conflicting.. in USA or so there are possibilities of what you can’t ban put significant taxes on it. This is e.g. on short barreled rifles in some states. In Germany taxes that have an effect of choking or similar to prohibition may not be imposed.
It would affect many cars that government uses ..

Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone in the same position as me?

1. In December I was told my vehicle would be manufactured on 13th January (just like many others) and delivered 1st February.
  2. Then of course I heard nothing since.
  3. So I called my supplying dealer - who knew nothing, except February looks good. But I had to call them.
  4. On the 24th January, I messaged Ineos who say that their computer still says end of January/early February looks good for delivery and it should be in production now.
  5. I then check the INEOS website which doesn't show in PRODUCTION.
  6. Why oh why, can they not all sing from the same hymn sheet? Maybe take away the website - "in production" tab.
I will be honest, this is the worst buying experience of anything I have ever purchased. If I hadn't signed the contract I would have walked away, regardless of how good or bad the vehicle MAY be.
This my story too. Nobody knows anything. I suspect that whole customer base are previous customers of almdRover/RangeRover and I agree, disgraceful treatment going back to those first missed dates 9months ago. I am thinking about cancelling and going back to Land Rover unless I hear some positive news next 72 hours

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This my story too. Nobody knows anything. I suspect that whole customer base are previous customers of almdRover/RangeRover and I agree, disgraceful treatment going back to those first missed dates 9months ago. I am thinking about cancelling and going back to Land Rover unless I hear some positive news next 72 hours
Perhaps you should read this Thread about current situation in Switzerland. Maybe this will put you in a better mood.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have two old seatbelt clips that I put into the anchors when I am off road in my disco 4, works perfectly, no audibles! Never been able to get the running lights to switch off though, bummer!
to turn off, all to be done in 20 secs;
a) ignition off, lights off
b) ignition on, lights to low beam position, then turn lights to off
c) press and hold rear fog lamp switch for 2 secs, then release fog lamp switch
d) turn lights to low beam then back to off
e) turn ignition off.

To turn back on repeat. I've turned my off never use them, keep meaning to in winter but never got round to it.
If you have the full LED array for DRL they can NOT be turned off, nor in countries were it is a legal requirement.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On the disco 3 there was a sequence too, it involved plugging in and unplugging the drivers seatbelt a certain number of times, I can’t remember how many. It worked though.

Local time
Reaction score

If that is so, I shouldn't worry at all about owning and keeping an IG. LR enthusiasts are ingenious, they started building their own network and infrastructure, with and without factory support, back in the old Rover and Leyland days. Absolutely everything is looked after in a way more professional manner, the factory ever did, including complete new builds..

No excuse for the shambolic customer communication..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Many things have already been approved by the authorities.
I was talking about tax regulations "all of a sudden". Remember the overnight rule of having regular 19% tax on deals with Silver. And for the German community this might be interesting in that context. You will then understand my concerns. I don't like her way to explain, but contentwise she knows what she's talking about.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Just an update on Australian manufacturing start date/s would be nice... even to the nearest month would suffice!
I was at the agent in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago. He logged into the Ineos portal, tapped out my name and the order number began to "auto-fill". While I don't have a contract as yet, the build date was "Feb2023". I was advised a contract should appear in my email "inbox" about 10 days before the build commenced.

@Deepblue included this in his detailed contribution yesterday ( the bold type is my emphasis)
"The first customer cars have already been road registered but no handover yet.
After the opening speech I was able to exchange some words with the Ineos Automotive head of Europe. I was not the first to mention and he's fully aware how unfortunate the lack of proper communication is.
I got the impression Ineos is working at full speed to get the cars over the finish line, respective on the road.
Information on how long it will take until deliveries are possible was vague. Waiting for final software seems to be the main reason."

I reckon every time the IA Head of Europe ..(.and probably Justin H here in Australia) venture anywhere, they're "taking one for the team" in absorbing lots of flak from frustrated customers. As someone said earlier in this forum... a little bit of waiting in this era of instant gratification is not a bad thing!

While on the subject of 'instant gratification' I'm waiting for the day some cheeky software engineer programs an error message which flashes "Sorry, I've got a headache" when the vehicle refuses to start...:ROFLMAO:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know when the year starts for car sales numbers but I would guess that as sales volumes are restricted in various markets, due to Ineos being a small volume producer. 6000 in the U.K. and 22,000 in the EU. Ineos would like to get as many cars registered in the 2022/23 financial year as possible otherwise their sales volumes will be well down. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here 🤔

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just received an email from IA to check my on line account. Upon logging in, a new field had appeared which asked me to select how it’d be paying. I took a photo - attached.
I‘m also told that my Grenny is in transit to my uk dealer. So it could be that I’ll be lucky enough to get it after the 8th of February.

Attachments

• EA2FAAB5-24D9-4847-85EB-0365CD91A684.png
    EA2FAAB5-24D9-4847-85EB-0365CD91A684.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 66

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just picked up from FB some limited communication that January build dates are sliding back.

View attachment 7801866
Just spoke to my dealer today. Everything still very approximate and hopeful. None of it breeds confidence but I suppose didn’t commit to this start-up based on reason or sense ….. just gonna have to wait.

Once the embargo is lifted soon, it’ll be good to see what the worlds press say on it. To read about it in magazines will help me feel less like I’ve dreamed all this up 😅

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
POSITIVE news from me. Spoke to my dealer who confirmed that Ineos have built the vehicle and it is going through some quality campaigns to ensure the quality is correct.
He said they will be told when it leaves Hambach. He thought delivery, first half of March for delivery or possible earlier.

Back
Top Bottom