The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
POSITIVE news from me. Spoke to my dealer who confirmed that Ineos have built the vehicle and it is going through some quality campaigns to ensure the quality is correct.
He said they will be told when it leaves Hambach. He thought delivery, first half of March for delivery or possible earlier.
all of the communication I have had with IA on the delay relates to software updates/update. I’m guessing they have to flash the new update in to whichever ECU requires it. This could be via the eobd interface or by accessing the specific unit directly. Could be a 10 minute job or a full day. Only time will tell..

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
I was talking about tax regulations "all of a sudden". Remember the overnight rule of having regular 19% tax on deals with Silver. And for the German community this might be interesting in that context. You will then understand my concerns. I don't like her way to explain, but contentwise she knows what she's talking about.

I am observing that as well. Already told my dealer that if an additional buyers tax will hit me when vehicle will finally arrive, I am out.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
all of the communication I have had with IA on the delay relates to software updates/update. I’m guessing they have to flash the new update in to whichever ECU requires it. This could be via the eobd interface or by accessing the specific unit directly. Could be a 10 minute job or a full day. Only time will tell..
I was also curious about future software updates, whether it could be done over the air.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
I have today contacted via email Ms Calder (CEO - Ineos Automotive) expressing my thoughts on the current communications situation.

If a response is received, which means it got past the CEO’s executive assistant (first hurdle), I’ll provide an update here.

Hi all.

I received a response from Ms Calder today. Quite a good response and I appreciate the promptness in response and honesty from someone who has taken on the leadership of a significant organisation. Ms Calder acknowledged the feedback associated with ‘communication‘ at the moment.

The good news is a video communication from Ms Calder is being finalised, which we should see soon. Now this is a leader.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all.

I received a response from Ms Calder today. Quite a good response and I appreciate the promptness in response and honesty from someone who has taken on the leadership of a significant organisation. Ms Calder acknowledged the feedback associated with ‘communication‘ at the moment.

The good news is a video communication from Ms Calder is being finalised, which we should see soon. Now this is a leader.
As soon as we see the promised weeks and weeks ago contracts????

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi all.

Shoutout to Ineos Corporate Affairs. Another sign that they're stabilising.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all.

Well done for trying this route. I doubted you’d get a reply when you posted your intention but really pleased to be proved wrong. Looking forward to her video, be interesting to see if it’s released before 8th Feb or after. If I were a betting man (I’m not) I’d go for on or shortly after so any perceived bad news gets overshadowed by the hopefully positive press reports.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just wait until February. Don't be so impatient. One or the other will surely get a message then.
Its February 2023 and still nothing but silence, no contract [ 1st promised 27th October, ] into production 13th January2023 - according to Ineos, delivery January / February 2023, according to Ineos, and as I look out onto my drive a lack of a Grenadier .....

The silence leads to us filling the space with speculation, they are really loosing the PR battle today, and as for the great 8th February 2023 press release of embargos material, of no significance for me receiving the car ordered on the 18th May 2022.

However moving on, WTF are we going to talk about when we actually get them??? :unsure: 😁😁😁😁🚙 Happy days and happy thoughts.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its February 2023 and still nothing but silence, no contract [ 1st promised 27th October, ] into production 13th January2023 - according to Ineos, delivery January / February 2023, according to Ineos, and as I look out onto my drive a lack of a Grenadier .....

The silence leads to us filling the space with speculation, they are really loosing the PR battle today, and as for the great 8th February 2023 press release of embargos material, of no significance for me receiving the car ordered on the 18th May 2022.

However moving on, WTF are we going to talk about when we actually get them??? :unsure: 😁😁😁😁🚙 Happy days and happy thoughts.
Lets get things into prospective. Before placing my order with IA, I talked to Toyota and Land Rover both said to be realistic you're talking 12 months for delivery. Toyota also said we don't take a deposit because if you don't take it someone certainly will at a mark up.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
So, supposedly the embargo on the press for the driving tests is Feb 8th, correct? That will be interesting.

I’d also like to see a thread for delivered IGs. Not a discussion of such. A thread with nothing but pictures posted by owners. No comments, no questions. Just posts by owners. 1 per owner.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
So, supposedly the embargo on the press for the driving tests is Feb 8th, correct? That will be interesting.

I’d also like to see a thread for delivered IGs. Not a discussion of such. A thread with nothing but pictures posted by owners. No comments, no questions. Just posts by owners. 1 per owner.
Good idea. Maybe organize a redacted VIN list with it.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score

Had the same thought today. And maybe a thread already now reserved for links to news/reviews on/after Feb 8.

Granny Sparkles

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Well, expected delivery by 1st February come and gone, however, last Thursday ours was in the 1st batch getting ready to leave the factory (at least that is what I was told!).
Getting butterflies; we thought/hoped the Grenadier would replace both the 110 and Disco, without a test drive and time to examine it, I am feeling rather nervous!

Local time
Reaction score
Just got told by the dealer in Sweden that i will be receiving an email from INEOS tomorrow providing me with an update.

Not sure if the update will be specifically regarding my own vehicle (build date and delivery date) or a more general company update.

sheppo31

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
I have contacted INEOS on a number of occasions and had replies from a very helpful staff member. They have informed me there is no way to directly contact the contracts team. I was an early order from Australia and I am meant to have the vehicle this month. But alas I have not even signed the contract. Maybe diesel will be illegal by the time I get it!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
'........and to any great grandchildren I leave my Ineos Grenadier order, no.52930000 - the eventual physical vehicle to be bought out by one or shared ownership - good luck!'

Back
Top Bottom