The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour percentage on orders taken

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
Sela Green with Black roof 😍
The one with white roof is PT at a Melbourne drive day.
SELA GREEN is my favorite colour but with white roof! I didn't want my order being stuffed up so left out as my original pick being MM, but I later reminded myself how hot it is here and MM makes sense!!!

Leapoffaith

Production/Transit
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
I think the Green Defender looks great in the picture, looks like it was taken at Romans in Banstead, Surrey so plenty of nice expensive cars there to look at there! It’s also been a popular colour with Porsche over the last couple of years.
I’ve included a couple of shots of the Inky Black at the dealership as I know this colour divides opinion. I thought it looked good with the alloys, mind you it was very clean! 🧽

Attachments

• 73C5AC6D-C8DA-4D6B-8DA3-63BDA6DFCEC7.jpeg
    73C5AC6D-C8DA-4D6B-8DA3-63BDA6DFCEC7.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DD50F80F-73E0-4D61-AB12-D50234023A17.jpeg
    DD50F80F-73E0-4D61-AB12-D50234023A17.jpeg
    472.6 KB · Views: 96

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the Green Defender looks great in the picture, looks like it was taken at Romans in Banstead, Surrey so plenty of nice expensive cars there to look at there! It’s also been a popular colour with Porsche over the last couple of years.
I’ve included a couple of shots of the Inky Black at the dealership as I know this colour divides opinion. I thought it looked good with the alloys, mind you it was very clean! 🧽
Now are you sure that's not Donny Grey......................

Leapoffaith

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Now are you sure that's not Donny Grey......................
Now you’ve got me thinking 🤔
I hadn’t been drinking but if it is Donny Grey, I think Ineos must have got some black paint and said “Black is a bit boring, lets call it something else” who knows.
Also does anyone know when deliveries are going to start and we can start driving?
Cheers

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now you’ve got me thinking 🤔
I hadn’t been drinking but if it is Donny Grey, I think Ineos must have got some black paint and said “Black is a bit boring, lets call it something else” who knows.
Also does anyone know when deliveries are going to start and we can start driving?
Cheers
No I'm with your first assumption, yes it is inky Black

Local time
Reaction score
For your consideration, here are some pictures from the NC event this morning. My notable impressions were: (i) Sela Green is really dark. It was my front-runner coming into the day, but in the shadows it is almost black. (ii) Eldoret Blue is much less bright sky blue than I was expecting. It's has more grey/slate in it than is reflected in any of the pictures I've seen. It's closer to an old defender Arles Blue. It's not that dark but evokes a similar tone. I've attached a separate picture of the front fender that gets as close as I could to reflecting what it looks like in person. It may be the new front runner for me (with a white roof... of course). (iii) As I've seen noted elsewhere, the Magic Mushroom is darker than it photographs. It's closer to a putty color. (iv) My daughter described the red as "the color of an old lady's lipstick." So, take that for what it's worth.
20230413_094430.jpg20230413_094519.jpg20230413_094446.jpg20230413_094457.jpg20230413_094512.jpg20230413_094523.jpg20230413_094531.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This location is a stones throw from the IA USA mothership. Any bigwigs about the place?

Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Eldoret Blue is my main choice, but "old lady's lipstick" is growing on me :ROFLMAO:

While I really like the metallic colors, solid colors are easier to repair and buff scratches out of. And my vehicles tend to get a lot of brush scratches down the side. The old Jeep single stage paint from the 70s can still be brought back to new with a buffing wheel.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
20230413_094523-jpg.7808422

Is this Donny Grey or Black?

Local time
Reaction score
This location is a stones throw from the IA USA mothership. Any bigwigs about the place?
Not that I recognized. Then again, that just means that I didn't see Jim Ratcliffe. Interestingly, they said there are currently a grand total of 17 Ineos Automotive North American employees.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
My previous vehicles were (as I remember - because I had a few..) -
current - Green Met., before Dark blue Met, Dark Blue Met, Black Met, Silver Met, Black Met, Red Met, Brown Met. Blue Met. etc..
I was looking for a paint that is not immediately seen a as a typical hunters colour, and not a problem when dirty. And my Gren will see dirt for sure.
MM was the choice.. - reviewed my choice at K&E and reconfirm MM is the colour of choice. Best fit for my purpose. So why must someone take all the same colour? Only Henry Ford is some one who was quoted similar to this - choose any colour as long as it is black. Black is not a colour, is it?

Local time
Reaction score
A question, especially for anyone with experience with white roofs: do they make a real difference in keeping a vehicle with a dark body substantially cooler in the sun? I am not in the desert, but rather the northeast of the USA. One concern is keeping dogs cooler in spring and fall (with windows open). Another way of stating the question, how much of a car heating in the sun comes from sun on the car's body and how much from the roof?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
A question, especially for anyone with experience with white roofs: do they make a real difference in keeping a vehicle with a dark body substantially cooler in the sun? I am not in the desert, but rather the northeast of the USA. One concern is keeping dogs cooler in spring and fall (with windows open). Another way of stating the question, how much of a car heating in the sun comes from sun on the car's body and how much from the roof?
The impact is more when stationary than when driving.
When driving at normal speeds it makes very little difference but when parked dark cars heat up very quickly compared to light cars.
In the end they both get hot enough to cook the occupants (literally)
One reason why it is illegal to leave kids or pets in parked cars in Australia

Back
Top Bottom