The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour percentage on orders taken

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
I wavered between shale and Britannia with a white roof. Ended up with silver. Yea I chickened out. But will say the black bits pop out in silver.
Was more of a heated debate here. Shale Blue vs. Inky Black. Silver was (her) second choice*. May add a SB accent if I can figure out how to keep it from looking like we got parts from the junk yard.

The silver is a good color but then they all are!

* Mine was Queens Red.😞

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
I'm usually not a big fan of metallics, but that shale blue looks like it's on another level from all the other colors. it exudes so much and provides great contrast. I don't think many knew this before they ordered unless they saw it in person or saw the right video or pic.
It was a leap of faith that really paid off!

HandWringer

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
Hi NA forum members. Who beside me chose Shale Blue. Give a shout out and know that you have a friend. DaBulll
I surprised myself and ordered Shale Blue after seeing it at the offroad test. Went with the white roof and splurged on the red ladder. My kid says it looks like "Captain America's Jeep".

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I surprised myself and ordered Shale Blue after seeing it at the offroad test. Went with the white roof and splurged on the red ladder. My kid says it looks like "Captain America's Jeep".
Hi HandWringer, Congrats on the Shale Blue Color Combo. It will look incredible.
I just went with all Shale Blue. DaBull

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Just a bit of useless or useful information for you on the uptake of certain colours. This is just me, not the UK but it will give you an idea of how popular your colour is. I've rounded the percentages up or down for ease of reading.

My favourite is sitting 2nd bottom :(

Donny Grey 34%
Inky Black 18%
Queens Red 9%
Sela Green 9%
Sterling Silver 7%
Britannia Blue 7%
Shale Blue 5%
Scottish White 4%
Magic Mushroom 4%
Eldoret Blue 3%
My favourite at 4% too 😆👍🏼

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I was totally committed to Magic Mushroom until I went to the local driving event and saw Shale Blue in person. I ordered Shale Blue with MM as a second choice. One of he guys at the drive said the red color was fantastic but there was not one in that color at my event.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Hi Jean, Thanks for putting this together. I see that you must have put my Shale Blue into the matrix. I was hoping that I would have
had the only Shale Blue in NA. Love having a rare color. Ok to see I have company with one other too. DaBull
I have Shale Blue too in Florida, a beautiful unique color which looks particularly good on the IG. Everyone I show it to first words,"Great Color" White, Grey, Black most popular? common folks boring!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Based on 58 responses from this forum for US/Canadian orders...

1699738387546.png

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Queens Red is a great color, interesting that it is not only the lowest globally, but also in our small sample of US buyers
My first vehicle was a second hand umpteen years old at that time 4 sp manual '72 Ford Courier with a second paint job and an aftermarket "Montgomery Ward under the dash AC unit" - a dull Crimson Red (I was a student at Alabama at the time so it fit well). Can't say I was much in love with the color then - not my choice but it was what Dad gave me to drive. This time around when I had the choice ... just kept coming back to Queen's Red - so different from the others. Life comes full circle ☺️ 😂

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
(I know someone will reply with the polo harlequin!)
vw.jpg
Yup. Known as the Golf Harlequin over here. When I first saw one, I thought ... brilliant. 1. You'll always spot your car across the parking lot, and, 2. If body repairs ever need to be done, colour-matching doesn't matter! :ROFLMAO:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Add one more to the list for Queens Red.
Queens Red looks beautiful. Can’t say why I didn’t go for it myself. Very nearly did but DG won on the day.
I can understand why the colours chosen in the States are very different to Europe. Don’t think I would be ordering a dark colour where hot summers are a given.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7832436
Yup. Known as the Golf Harlequin over here. When I first saw one, I thought ... brilliant. 1. You'll always spot your car across the parking lot, and, 2. If body repairs ever need to be done, colour-matching doesn't matter! :ROFLMAO:
These are Johnny's vehicles. One piece at a time. :ROFLMAO:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7832436
I remember these. Sales stimuli such as this [zero-added feature special editions (colour, stickers)] seem to signal curtains for a model. The maker wringing the model's neck.

Not a bad car though. Mum had one. 1L was underpowered but...

Back
Top Bottom