The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour issues

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else got to a point where you settled on a colour choice and then changed your mind???
About the time when you probably can’t change the order any longer…..😳😳

I’m going off silver and leaning towards donny grey.
I was set on Donny Gray until two weeks ago and then took a look over all the different colours and decided to change to the red.
I went to the dealer to finalise my order and decided to stay with the Donny Gray after seeing a paint sample of the red at drive day I am glad I did

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I was set on Donny Gray until two weeks ago and then took a look over all the different colours and decided to change to the red.
I went to the dealer to finalise my order and decided to stay with the Donny Gray after seeing a paint sample of the red at drive day I am glad I did
Grey to Red - subtle variation Dave!

Maybe a good thing INEOS is currently offering very limited colours

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
As nobody has really been able to see their colour before they ordered and the fact that some of the final colours changed in shade from the original samples, I think there has been a lot of indicision over peoples final colour choice. I ordered Donny Grey and then thought, the red, blue, mushroom and eventually green all looked nice and the. Changed my mind back again.

It’s a certain fact that if the vehicle had only been offered in one trim, there could have been a big market in swaps going on after delivery.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Shaky - you are probably right.

It's not so much the limited number of colours (I think the LR Defender only comes in 14 colours) but that we are making decisions off photos and different colours look great in different outdoor settings.

I almost changed to Sela Green a couple of months ago after watching a video of one.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m generally a white guy as it hides the pinstripes better but for some reason reckon it makes the IG look like an ambulance.
Maybe it’s the utility rails or something but I’m starting to think the darker colours suit because they hide them.
Who knows, each to his own I suppose, at least there are a few choices.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Shaky - you are probably right.

It's not so much the limited number of colours (I think the LR Defender only comes in 14 colours) but that we are making decisions off photos and different colours look great in different outdoor settings.

I almost changed to Sela Green a couple of months ago after watching a video of one.
When we built our first house back in Devonport Tasmania 35 years ago the builder told me I had 12 different colour roof options, 35 different brick options, over 70 paint colours.
I told him to cut it down to a maximum of 7 each and then give them to my wife to choose from

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I want Donny Grey as its the best looking colour (IMHO) but think its too dark for the Oz sun, so have gone Sterling Silver. Dark metallics can also be a pain to keep clean.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I want Donny Grey as its the best looking colour (IMHO) but think its too dark for the Oz sun, so have gone Sterling Silver. Dark metallics can also be a pain to keep clean.
All colours get exactly the same dirtiness
Some just show it more.
Doesn't mean it is any cleaner.
Just like light carpet compared to dark carpet

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All colours get exactly the same dirtiness
Some just show it more.
Doesn't mean it is any cleaner.
Just like light carpet compared to dark carpet
Had a Selenite Grey GLC250 which looked a million dollars when washed, less so after a week or two (as I get older I am less interested in washing my car...)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As for carpets. Filthy things , all those dust mites and organic matter. Carpet cleaners kill 99.9% of the germs that don't kill you !
My Grenadier will be hospital grade, colour and cleanability wise.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
I’m generally a white guy as it hides the pinstripes better but for some reason reckon it makes the IG look like an ambulance.
Maybe it’s the utility rails or something but I’m starting to think the darker colours suit because they hide them.
Who knows, each to his own I suppose, at least there are a few choices.
I actually only like the colors where the utility rail pops against the paint. 😂

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I originally wanted Sela Green or Britannia Blue but then the reality of living in the harsh North Queensland sun kicked in and so i started looking at lighter colours.
As i can only go with what i have seen in pictures and videos online it has been a confusing and frustrating journey.
The Scottish White looked just too creamy in most of the images - a lot of yellow in it. If it was a really crisp storm trooper white i would have gone for it in an instant.
The creaminess of the white was also the reason i did not go for green, blue, or red with a white roof.
The mushroom looked to pink for me - again only going from online images.
So after a lot of going back and forth i changed my order to Sterling Silver.
Who knows - when i actually see one in the flesh i may change my mind again but time is running out to lock in the colour so i will probably stick with the silver.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but here are photos of the colour palette from Brisbane drive day. The bottom darker colours are hard to distinguish as they are seemingly 'dark'.
I've ordered Mushroom - looks good in real life to my eyes anyway!

Attachments

• 20221216_131434.jpg
    20221216_131434.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • 20221216_131437.jpg
    20221216_131437.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • 20221216_131440.jpg
    20221216_131440.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 20221216_132334.jpg
    20221216_132334.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20221216_134253.jpg
    20221216_134253.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 20221216_134256.jpg
    20221216_134256.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
I originally wanted Sela Green or Britannia Blue but then the reality of living in the harsh North Queensland sun kicked in and so i started looking at lighter colours.
As i can only go with what i have seen in pictures and videos online it has been a confusing and frustrating journey.
The Scottish White looked just too creamy in most of the images - a lot of yellow in it. If it was a really crisp storm trooper white i would have gone for it in an instant.
The creaminess of the white was also the reason i did not go for green, blue, or red with a white roof.
The mushroom looked to pink for me - again only going from online images.
So after a lot of going back and forth i changed my order to Sterling Silver.
Who knows - when i actually see one in the flesh i may change my mind again but time is running out to lock in the colour so i will probably stick with the silver.
Yes. I drove a mushroom-coloured one and examined it from all sides. It's true, depending on the incidence of light, it shimmers slightly pink. But then again it doesn't. Since I'm out in the woods a lot, I decided on this colour. There are so many mushrooms growing there that the colour is not noticeable at all.

Seriously, the colour is not susceptible to dirt and grime. After driving on muddy roads and rain, it is not very noticeable on the paint. Then I like to drive into town without attracting attention as a farmer or hunter. Because sooner or later they will no longer have a good standing there. Incidentally, many hunters drive inconspicuous cars in light colours (silver, white, blue,...) Their green vehicles are often scratched in the forest. Now people think there are hikers on the road. And the damage has already disappeared.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I drove a mushroom-coloured one and examined it from all sides. It's true, depending on the incidence of light, it shimmers slightly pink. But then again it doesn't. Since I'm out in the woods a lot, I decided on this colour. There are so many mushrooms growing there that the colour is not noticeable at all.

Seriously, the colour is not susceptible to dirt and grime. After driving on muddy roads and rain, it is not very noticeable on the paint. Then I like to drive into town without attracting attention as a farmer or hunter. Because sooner or later they will no longer have a good standing there. Incidentally, many hunters drive inconspicuous cars in light colours (silver, white, blue,...) Their green vehicles are often scratched in the forest. Now people think there are hikers on the road. And the damage has already disappeared.
Lots of animals are full or partial colour blind but can see extremely well in low light
Bulls can't see red so the phrase like a red rag to a bull is a bit of a waste

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Lots of animals are full or partial colour blind but can see extremely well in low light
Bulls can't see red so the phrase like a red rag to a bull is a bit of a waste
And a bullbar catches more cows than bulls. But it's hard to market a cowbar 😉

Back
Top Bottom