The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour issues

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
I went for Magic Mushroom as I thought it looks rather similar to the dirty beige colour you can get 70-series Toyota Land Cruisers in (in some parts of the world) and they always look terrific. I'm now flip-flopping about whether to have a black contrast roof or not - it makes it look less utility but more handsome. I guess I've got a few weeks before the options window closes. What's the feeling on contrast roofs?

I like the colour but think the black roof makes it pop all the more, that said Andy it’s not my money or my vehicle.

Both will look great and you always have the option of getting the roof wrapped black after you take delivery of it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I like the colour but think the black roof makes it pop all the more
Black roofs look OK until birds poop on it. How often do you get on a ladder and clean the roof of a 2.1m tall vehicle?
However if you live in a birdfree zone...

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Wow. Ive never heard of transparent wraps! Great idea if you want to keep your Grenadier in mint condition.
Personally not my thing. I probably be annoyed when my Grenadier gets its first scratches or dents, but after that I’ll be a lot less precious about it and more inclined to use it’s to it’s full potential while off-roading or on overland travels. By the way I’ve just put a large scrape and dent in our daily run around Skoda in a Sainsbury’s car park🤬. coming out of a tight space and not noticing the 2’ (600mm) high bollard I’d parked next to 😤
I'm the same - always feel better after the first scratch, because I no longer have to worry about getting the first scratch. It makes perfect sense, and at the same time, no sense at all!:rolleyes:

Deleted User Account.

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I raptor lined my own truck because of paint damage from branches and rocks and it turned out ok. No signs of any wear after a couple of years. I'd definitely prefer a factory option.

Attachments

• IMG-20220624-WA0033.jpg
    IMG-20220624-WA0033.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 22

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Black roofs look OK until birds poop on it. How often do you get on a ladder and clean the roof of a 2.1m tall vehicle?
However if you live in a birdfree zone...
That's why it is fitted with a ladder, standard on some models. They must be the models birds prefer 🤣🤣🤣

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the colour but think the black roof makes it pop all the more, that said Andy it’s not my money or my vehicle.

Both will look great and you always have the option of getting the roof wrapped black after you take delivery of it.
That's precisely why I'm going to fit my black roof rack from the Defender.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with clear PPF/protective wraps? I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on them and find it quite interesting. It would be nice to have my truck look “normal” but protected from country pinstripes.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with clear PPF/protective wraps? I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on them and find it quite interesting. It would be nice to have my truck look “normal” but protected from country pinstripes.
A colleague has a transparent wrap on his Discovery. Although it’s made simple (no wrapping around the edges) it is hard to recognise at all.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Raptor coatings are strong - due to their thickness.

I had already thought of an application on the Grenadier: If there is no possibility to get checker plates on the fenders in Germany, a Raptor coating could be an alternative. In this case, however, it would be necessary to mount or glue a reinforcement under the fenders.

For everything else, such coatings are rather dirt catchers.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I kinda liked the Eldoret Blue with a white roof (lighter color vehicles are more visible in twilight and the white roof is good to reflect the sun), but my wife insistes on silver (like her Audi and my G500)..... And you know who wins that one.....

Back
Top Bottom