The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour issues

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Go with the first color you were attracted to.
100%

I went for magic mushroom, as when i first opened the configurator, its he one i got all excited about! :ROFLMAO:

The Britannia blue was also nice but prefer a metallic blue to flat.

Not seen MM in person on a car, but very happy with the samples and real life depictions of it. The Configurator render isn't accurate imo, its a difficult colour to render

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
I wanted the Trialmaster, white or perhaps the mushroom, but my wife hates white!
Therefore I let her choose two other colors, and I made the final choice: sela green.
And then she saw the roof windows, and said: "this is very nice too", so I took it! (it is an option on the Trialmaster).
For the rest, she didn't know anything about the car, only that it is a Defender like 4X4..
She bought some years ago a dark grey car, she chose the car because it had to display the speed in front of her, not somewhere on the right. She still doesn't know the brand ;)

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered Donny Grey with red chassis and black roof then got cold feet when I saw the red one so went to the dealer and looked at the paint samples. Stayed with my original choice after seeing the black and grey side by side. Locked in now.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
As for carpets. Filthy things , all those dust mites and organic matter. Carpet cleaners kill 99.9% of the germs that don't kill you !
My Grenadier will be hospital grade, colour and cleanability wise.
I have gone for utility floor but it comes with carpet mats.
As you can't configure two sets of mats I spoke with my dealer and will buy the rubber mats from them as an accessory.
Since buying our house we have replaced most of the carpets with hard floors and when we build our next house there will be no carpet at all

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apart the fact that light colours are better for warm regions and that dust will not look that dirty on magic mushroom I am happy to see some colours on the streets.
The green, the blue(s) and the red are nice alternations to the typical silver, grey and black (corporate) cars that are everywhere (at least in Germany).

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
Apart the fact that light colours are better for warm regions and that dust will not look that dirty on magic mushroom I am happy to see some colours on the streets.
The green, the blue(s) and the red are nice alternations to the typical silver, grey and black (corporate) cars that are everywhere (at least in Germany).

I would like to see more colour choices..

_20221227_181829.JPG
_20221227_181749.JPG
_20221227_181621.JPG
_20221227_181540.JPG
_20221227_181719.JPG

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Colours are great and make me feel happy.
I agree , corporate colours (the modern "resale red") are for corporate types.
Which is fine if you work in the city and wear a suit and have to fit into the neighbourhood.
I'd live a green or red one but it would scratch from the outset , plus absorb the heat.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Colours are great and make me feel happy.
I agree , corporate colours (the modern "resale red") are for corporate types.
Which is fine if you work in the city and wear a suit and have to fit into the neighbourhood.
I'd live a green or red one but it would scratch from the outset , plus absorb the heat.
Maybe I try a transparent wrapping. A friend has it on his Discovery and it doesn’t look like a wrapping at all

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
That G wagon in the sage green is perfect. That in a grenadier would be my first pick all day every day

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked the Britannia blue with white roof and stick to it after seeing the color samples twice.

Traveling north of Europe, the sun is not forcing us for lighter tones yet, non-metallic easy to fix on my own, hiding all the black plastic elements,… after all I never thought about color of my tools ones using them.

Attachments

• 60C4A2EA-4454-4ABC-BF01-D02A6B1A7B2B.jpeg
    60C4A2EA-4454-4ABC-BF01-D02A6B1A7B2B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 31

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
Maybe I try a transparent wrapping. A friend has it on his Discovery and it doesn’t look like a wrapping at all
I have ordered Brittania Blue with white roof to help keep cooler, plus I like the two tone look and I will be getting it clear wrapped with self healing wrap to protect from pinstripes, bird crap ans swirls.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have ordered Brittania Blue with white roof to help keep cooler, plus I like the two tone look and I will be getting it clear wrapped with self healing wrap to protect from pinstripes, bird crap ans swirls.
You got that arranged as yet? If so, any details?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow. Ive never heard of transparent wraps! Great idea if you want to keep your Grenadier in mint condition.
Personally not my thing. I probably be annoyed when my Grenadier gets its first scratches or dents, but after that I’ll be a lot less precious about it and more inclined to use it’s to it’s full potential while off-roading or on overland travels. By the way I’ve just put a large scrape and dent in our daily run around Skoda in a Sainsbury’s car park🤬. coming out of a tight space and not noticing the 2’ (600mm) high bollard I’d parked next to 😤

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Suzuki Grand Vitara is full of scratches, mostly from branches, and indeed the first scratch is annoying, I lost one of the protection plates under the car (I dismounted it, completely damaged, and of soft plastic, therefore no protection at all), and the second "soft plastic" one is also damaged and is fixed with iron wire and colson straps.
I agree completely with @Logsplitter

andybee

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I went for Magic Mushroom as I thought it looks rather similar to the dirty beige colour you can get 70-series Toyota Land Cruisers in (in some parts of the world) and they always look terrific. I'm now flip-flopping about whether to have a black contrast roof or not - it makes it look less utility but more handsome. I guess I've got a few weeks before the options window closes. What's the feeling on contrast roofs?

Back
Top Bottom