The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Colour issues

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
Raptor coatings are strong - due to their thickness.

I had already thought of an application on the Grenadier: If there is no possibility to get checker plates on the fenders in Germany, a Raptor coating could be an alternative. In this case, however, it would be necessary to mount or glue a reinforcement under the fenders.

For everything else, such coatings are rather dirt catchers.
There will be after market supplier who offer checker plates.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with clear PPF/protective wraps? I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on them and find it quite interesting. It would be nice to have my truck look “normal” but protected from country pinstripes.
I don‘t have experience with them but I researched them and talked with several companies that apply them.
I was told they are fantastic when applied properly and are the good quality stuff.
downside is they need to be replaced every 5-8 years and a hard to get off.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
I kinda liked the Eldoret Blue with a white roof ... but my wife insistes on silver ... And you know who wins that one.....
If you tell your wife that Silver is technically the best color for the Grenadier (it actually is), she will probably want something different.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
There will be after market supplier who offer checker plates.
We were told at the Brisbane drive that the plates come from the factory and will also have reinforced wings. I have since “specced” them as they’re very useful on my Defender. I was going to do aftermarket, but it might be difficult to reinforce to the same degree as the factory.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:39 AM
Reaction score
We were told at the Brisbane drive that the plates come from the factory and will also have reinforced wings. I have since “specced” them as they’re very useful on my Defender. I was going to do aftermarket, but it might be difficult to reinforce to the same degree as the factory.
I was originally told they were going to be aluminium but Tom from Ineos confirmed at the Brisbane drive that for safety reasons they are being made from a special grade of plastic.
I can’t recall if he said 120kg or 150kg load

Local time
Reaction score

I had already thought of an application on the Grenadier: If there is no possibility to get checker plates on the fenders in Germany, a Raptor coating could be an alternative. In this case, however, it would be necessary to mount or glue a reinforcement under the fenders.

Mine washes off easily. Plus no need to wax.
Proper application can give you a pretty slick surface believe it or not.

Local time
Reaction score
I kinda liked the Eldoret Blue with a white roof (lighter color vehicles are more visible in twilight and the white roof is good to reflect the sun), but my wife insistes on silver (like her Audi and my G500)..... And you know who wins that one.....
Same here. I bought the model to have it visible to her every day with the expectation she'll think it looks weird in any other color after we end up waiting for it to be released here.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Does anyone know how much the Raptor coating will weight? This might sound funny but a normal coating brings some kilos as well so the thick coating will probably double or triple it up.

Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
I started off convinced I wanted Silver, then a phase where a traditional white with black roof and accents until I saw the Sela Green one on a short video on a transport truck traveling through Europe.

Being in the USA I can still change my mind a few more times but I am pretty certain I will stick with Sela Green with a white or black contrasting roof.

Thats my final decision.... for now. Kinda like the white roof, we are in Reno and Cali so lots of sun and hot weather.N4IgpgdgbglgTgewgW0gFxALlDAJlkAZQgQHcAbAQwnwF8AaEAY0tTkqx30xACFCA+gGEkAMxgBzAQFEAHmgEAOEA2ZjJ...jpeg

Attachments

• Green 1 Grenadier.jpeg
    Green 1 Grenadier.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 5

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s been said several times around here, but having a year to wait does have some benefits. I’ve gone from white, to silver, to blue, to silver (and maybe white). If I had to order for certain today, it would be a stressful experience.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For cars in the UK:

View attachment 7801220

Not sure Grenadiers in Magic Mushroom will tip any scales in 2023.
Current one is green.. - and why should we us a colour that everyone else has.. ? - In here I read about so many who voted for MM so it could become a signature colour for IG.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
I am doing black and then I will be putting a custom wrap. If I decide not to waste the money, it will be magic mushroom.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
It’s been said several times around here, but having a year to wait does have some benefits. I’ve gone from white, to silver, to blue, to silver (and maybe white). If I had to order for certain today, it would be a stressful experience.
You do know that you're going to settle on a colour and then find out in six months that the US market are going to have a completely different palette to choose from? 😉

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You do know that you're going to settle on a colour and then find out in six months that the US market are going to have a completely different palette to choose from? 😉
That's a great point - thanks for tacking on some more anxiety 🤣 I do think the palette could remain the same and they are all colors that both fit the vehicle and I think are universally liked. Unless, of course, Ineos somehow decide to market to the younger crowd - then we'll have bolder. more in-your-face options. It would be difficult to turn down Sandglow!

Back
Top Bottom