The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Car Wash Mode

Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi All

After watching Ingmar's video about tips and tricks I thought I would see if I could power the NATO socket when in "car wash mode" and the answer is yes you can but as the vehicle is essentially in neutral it bongs when you open the door however you can have the rear doors open without the bong.
Strangely during all this investigation I could not get the rear loadspace lamp and the rear passenger lamp to go out it's ok now but needs further investigation.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just looking at the section in the Owner's Manual that covers Car Wash Function as I may be winching later, and there's an interesting rider:
Screenshot_20230826_073728.jpg
What happens when I call? Do I get a response "oh yeah, that happens 3 times out of 10, that's why they mention it in the Manual."

Maybe it's better to leave the engine running if you can, or does anyone know if it will default to Park after a length of time?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Just looking at the section in the Owner's Manual that covers Car Wash Function as I may be winching later, and there's an interesting rider:
View attachment 7824845
What happens when I call? Do I get a response "oh yeah, that happens 3 times out of 10, that's why they mention it in the Manual."

Maybe it's better to leave the engine running if you can, or does anyone know if it will default to Park after a length of time?
hi @DCPU, I do not use the function in the car wash. But there I leave the engine running and use the "N" position.

But I do use the car wash function (position "N") when I drive onto the lift to push the vehicle in position forwards or backwards by hand.
The other day I was interrupted and the vehicle stood in that position "N" for 10 minutes. During this time, it did not switch itself to "P". I also lifted it up once to spin all the wheels. After that, it was still in "N". That must have been more than 10 minutes.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
hi @DCPU, I do not use the function in the car wash. But there I leave the engine running and use the "N" position.
Yes, perhaps with an abundance of caution I will do it this way also.
But I do use the car wash function when I drive onto the lift to push the vehicle in position forwards or backwards by hand.
The other day I was interrupted and the vehicle stood in that position for 10 minutes. During this time, it did not switch itself to "P". I also lifted it up once to spin all the wheels. After that, it was still in "P". That must have been more than 10 minutes.
Do I understanding you correctly? You used the car wash function but the function of spinning all the wheels (is that individually by hand?) somehow caused the transmission to go into "P"?

Edit: or just that car wash function may have time limit greater than 10 mins?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Yes, perhaps with an abundance of caution I will do it this way also.

Do I understanding you correctly? You used the car wash function but the function of spinning all the wheels (is that individually by hand?) somehow caused the transmission to go into "P"?

Edit: or just that car wash function may have time limit greater than 10 mins?
@DCPU, oh excuse me! Thank you for asking! I made a mistake.
I meant that the vehicle maintained the "N" position beyond the 10 minutes and it did not go into "P"(ark) mode.
I just changed it in my post.

Back
Top Bottom