The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buzz Special Vehicles / Buzz Overland.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan for your explaination of your cargo system, esp. the floor plate; how it can remain in place effectively as the cargo area floor standalone & approx dismantling times. I want it to work for me!

cheers
No problem. Here is a recent pic of an install showing just the floor plate. This was the pre production version we showcased at the Game Fair. The production version uses countersunk fixings to ensure a flat surface.
IMG_2677.jpg

Something we are toying with is having a rubber mat made with locating tabs that would push into the cut outs for the L-Track system, to protect the floor plate.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Shaky,

The Cargo rack doesn't need the cargo barrier to work and as such can be used as a standalone accessory. Our Cargo barrier does bolt onto the shelf to keep it rigid. We can offer a bracket for the cargo barrier so that it can be used without the shelf if one wanted to go that route.

The idea behind the rack is to provide additional storage space, whether you are running our drawer and fridge slide system or not. It also effectively provides a wider load area than the boot floor does. We envisage folk possible storing Bags, Gun boxes, camping chairs or whatever else one would need for the pursuit they are carrying out.

View attachment 7823071View attachment 7823072
View attachment 7823073

In terms of the cost, this shelf is by far the most complex of our accessories and is made up of 14no. components. We designed it this way to achieve a few things, namely:
1. Ensure it is incredibly rigid and be able to hold a decent amount of load.
2. Allow up to 100mm of height adjustment, in 25mm increments.
3. To maximise the width size of the shelf and allow it to be practically installed into he vehicle without having to force it in and scratch up any plastics or the like in the process.
4. Enable us to keep the packing size within the constraints of what we can ship without having to use a pallet service.

The frame of the cargo rack also provides additional funtionalitly, both side brackets have Molle cut outs as well as M6 holes for the ability to bolt or strap accessories to this. One use we thought was quite handy on the drawer side was to mount an ARB compressor. The bracket we had on display at the game fair was a pre production version. The production version has a flange with cut outs for an ARB air Chuck and carling switch. We'll be releasing this soon.
View attachment 7823075

See below for a few screenshots of the frame, this will give you a better idea of what has gone into the design and what the makeup of the rack is.

View attachment 7823074

I hope that explains what our idea behind the rack is, we've seen this utilised very effectively on the Jeep Wrangler Platform, so thought it would make sense to implement for the Grenadier.

Cheers
Ryan
Ryan
Does this mean I am about to part with another few hundred pounds plus on top of side bars ordered from you? 🤔😁

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Ryan
Does this mean I am about to part with another few hundred pounds plus on top of side bars ordered from you? 🤔😁
Hi Cheshire Cat,

Yes the rack will fit both seat configurations. The design works was based on 3d Scans of the Trialmaster so that we could ensure it would fit on both the Trialmaster and Commercial variants.
These are a couple of sectional screenshots of the model (with the 3D scan of the Trialmaster) and you can see the back of the seat circled in red and the gap between the back of the cargo rack and seat circled in green.
Section View.jpgSection View2.jpg

We really appreciate the order of the side bars and are really looking forward to getting these out to you!

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
@RyanT have thought about adding a cutting board or extendable table pull out to your fridge slide. Like this

View attachment 7823166
Hi Xrford,

We have thought about it and will be adding something to the lineup that those with our fridge slide can add on or that you can buy in combination with the fridge slide.

Cheers
Ryan

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
@RyanT, love the work so far. Any plans yet for a rear seat delete kit with cover plate, longer drawers and other cool stuff? To my knowledge, no company has publicly stated they are working on such a kit.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
No problem. Here is a recent pic of an install showing just the floor plate. This was the pre production version we showcased at the Game Fair. The production version uses countersunk fixings to ensure a flat surface.
View attachment 7823101

Something we are toying with is having a rubber mat made with locating tabs that would push into the cut outs for the L-Track system, to protect the floor plate.
Hi Ryan,

Regarding weight specification - I couldn't see any weight per item or the complete Grenadier Cargo System.

Could you confirm where or provide such weight info.

cheers

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased or even seen a privately owned IG with the cyclone cleaner on the RAI ?

Just seeing it here, set me thinking. It’s certainly one of those extras that you would only spec if you really needed it and imo it looks bloody ugly. 😃

What’s the weight of the head DaveB 😀

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Surely in Oz you need a flashing red light on the top of it?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased or even seen a privately owned IG with the cyclone cleaner on the RAI ?

Just seeing it here, set me thinking. It’s certainly one of those extras that you would only spec if you really needed it and imo it looks bloody ugly. 😃

What’s the weight of the head DaveB 😀
1691964510158.png

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect they aren’t going to sell many (any) of those Monstrositie, worst one I have ever seen. I don’t know how easy ito adapt an aftermarket one to the Grenadier RAI but if I though I needed on I would be looking to do that instead

Local time
Reaction score
Just tried to buy the rock slider steps online but says ‘Not accepting payment’ just now. Will give them a call and pay by phone.
Edit: Now possible to pay Buzz via website. I am £1646.71 poorer as a result.

Wow .... are they made from Duplex 2507 Stainless and come with free fitting and a bottle of Bollinger ?

Back
Top Bottom