The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buzz Special Vehicles / Buzz Overland.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Hey Ryan

Any approximate weight of the full cargo system or per item

cheers
Hi Grenadierboy,

Sorry for the delay on this. I have estimated weights from CAD, we are mid production run of inventory so will be in a position to confirm the weights soon. In the meantime CAD based estimates are (These should be pretty close):

1. Floor Base system - 17.5kg
2. 781mm Drawer - 19.4kg (Two required if you went for the setup shown on our website)
3. 735mm Drawer - 18.4kg
4. Buzz Rax - 17.9kg
5. Fridge slide - 12.1kg
6. Cargo Barrier - 7.2kg
7. Roof Shelf - 5.5kg
8. Rhino Board deck (for use with a dual side by side drawer setup) - 12kg

So Total estimated weights for this setup comes in at 117.4kg. 06dd3b14-1ca0-4aac-a8f7-03a058112349.JPG

An alternative setup would be a dual drawer side by side with the timber tops which estimated weight would be 68.3kg
system option 2-2.jpg

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Ryan.

At almost 120kg - it's more than I assumed but the full set-up covers every base & is brilliant.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had to smile at this. If this isn't aimed at the footballing Cheshire and Chelsea set, I don't know what is, with a price to match.
Those front seats are just plain stupid
the steps take away the point of the rock sliders.
Particularly the Slide component, I can see a large rock getting stuck between the steps and you won't be able to go forward or backward.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Particularly the Slide component, I can see a large rock getting stuck between the steps and you won't be able to go forward or backward.
They are not the steps that I ordered. Mine are the tubular version with the steps scalloped out on top of tube.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Those are our side steps and the use case for these is to aid access and egress to the vehicle not provide side protection from off-roading. That is why we offer a dedicated rock slider that has an integrated step that would be far more suited for anyone that will be taking their Grenadier off-road and is looking for sill protection.

With regards to the vehicle in the video, whilst this isn’t aimed at the overland or outdoor crowd it is very much aimed at the Chealsea Truck demographic, as has been mentioned already.

Anyone that is a car enthusiast that has seen this car up close will appreciated the level of detail and quality of work that has gone into the colour coding and custom leather interior. Also if you ever get a chance to try out the Recaro CS seats I’d highly recommend it, they are incredibly comfortable.

Ultimately our heart and passion lies with overlanding and off-roading, but as a manufacturer of accessories we’d be foolish not to appreciate that there are multiple use cases for a vehicle of this caliber and as such a different need from the variety of end users that purchase them.

For anyone that is looking for accessories more geared towards the overland, off-roaring and outdoor use cases check out our website.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Those are our side steps and the use case for these is to aid access and egress to the vehicle not provide side protection from off-roading. That is why we offer a dedicated rock slider that has an integrated step that would be far more suited for anyone that will be taking their Grenadier off-road and is looking for sill protection.

With regards to the vehicle in the video, whilst this isn’t aimed at the overland or outdoor crowd it is very much aimed at the Chealsea Truck demographic, as has been mentioned already.

Anyone that is a car enthusiast that has seen this car up close will appreciated the level of detail and quality of work that has gone into the colour coding and custom leather interior. Also if you ever get a chance to try out the Recaro CS seats I’d highly recommend it, they are incredibly comfortable.

Ultimately our heart and passion lies with overlanding and off-roading, but as a manufacturer of accessories we’d be foolish not to appreciate that there are multiple use cases for a vehicle of this caliber and as such a different need from the variety of end users that purchase them.

For anyone that is looking for accessories more geared towards the overland, off-roaring and outdoor use cases check out our website.
It impresses me that you are being so honest.
Congratulations that earns a lot of respect......
Dave

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Ryan
Right behind you with regards to your enthusiasm and attention to detail. Hence my order for the rock sliders which I look forward to fitting this week. (Pics to follow). Also like the look of the sprayed up plastic parts, bumpers, etc. I expect a PPF would be almost essential with that finish? Definitely on my list of considerations.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I Ordered set of steps/rock sliders when they came online 4th of August paid for in full with estimated delivery in 5 weeks With promised updates on ordering,asked multilpe times about storage drawers with wooden tops given dates when available,heared nothing until told that manufacturing problem with side steps and was offered free fitting if waited or money back.I went for refund and was told that i would be told when steps available no news as of yet On steps or drawers i think i made right choice at time.Was told at time that my emails were going to junk and they hadnt seen instagram meesages.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
I have seen that IG that is up for sale. It has had a lot of love put into it.

Not everyone’s cup of tea but you can’t deny the work that has gone into it.

If the Royal Household do end up running some of the IG’s then get used to all sorts of versions being put out there. It’s only a good thing if you ask me.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have seen that IG that is up for sale. It has had a lot of love put into it.

Not everyone’s cup of tea but you can’t deny the work that has gone into it.

If the Royal Household do end up running some of the IG’s then get used to all sorts of versions being put out there. It’s only a good thing if you ask me.
Are all the plastic bit painted? The bumpers and arches looks very well finished.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Well said, Ryan. Those cargo solutions look good, please keep us informed as you expand the range.

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Are all the plastic bit painted? The bumpers and arches looks very well finished.

Yes they are mate. The texturing on the plastics isn’t there any more either, so very smooth.

You certainly wouldn’t want to off-road it. Some would say it’s been turned into a gin palace but there are plenty of people who consider a grass verge off roading and it will appeal to them.

Horses for courses as they say.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
There's definitely space for upmarket "luxuary" Grenadiers, even Ineos have hinted at this themselves.

The main thing is Buzz are also providing the overland/ offroad demographic with what we want too, not just going down the Chelsea tractor route. End of the day the more people the grenadier appeals to, the more they sell. The more they sell, the better for all of us!

Back
Top Bottom