The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buzz Special Vehicles / Buzz Overland.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Do we know if the Buzz side steps will have similar strength to that of the Swiss & German competitors? I certainly like a lot of what Buzz are up to, so somewhere along the line I feel sure they will be gaining some business from me.
Hey Cheshire Cat,

Thank you for the feedback, we genuinely appreciate it. With regards to our Rock Sliders, which double up as a side step, they are definitely on par with any other rock slider available in terms of strength and will support the weight of the vehicle.

Cheers

Ryan

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Cheshire Cat,

Thank you for the feedback, we genuinely appreciate it. With regards to our Rock Sliders, which double up as a side step, they are definitely on par with any other rock slider available in terms of strength and will support the weight of the vehicle.

Cheers

Ryan
Ryan
Very excited about these. Might they be available soon? I cancelled my original order of side steps from Ineos in the hope of finding something more akin to what I was envisioning.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Ryan
Very excited about these. Might they be available soon? I cancelled my original order of side steps from Ineos in the hope of finding something more akin to what I was envisioning.
Our website will be going live by the end of this week. We have 15no. sets going into production next week, so we expect to have these ready for shipping in approx 4-6 weeks. If you'd like to secure a set before the website goes live you can email us on info@buzzspecialvehicles.co.uk

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
I think the Buzz Cargo system looks very well thought out and high quality.

One key question I have is how easy is it to install and remove.

I need a storage system that can be installed and removed from the Grenadier 7 or 8 times a year - hence I need it to be relatively easy to do so or at least not a 3 hour job.

So how would I be able to release the base plate from the cargo rail mountig points??

It would be perfect for there to be a single "release" lever or latch that means I could slide the whole complete unit out and back in.

thoughts?

buzzspecialvehicles

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just to let you know our website for pre-orders went live today, there are still a few small issues we are working on (on the website front) hopefully they should be ironed out by Tuesday. If anyone has any questions with regards to our products, please do let me know :)

www.buzzoverland.com

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I think the Buzz Cargo system looks very well thought out and high quality.

One key question I have is how easy is it to install and remove.

I need a storage system that can be installed and removed from the Grenadier 7 or 8 times a year - hence I need it to be relatively easy to do so or at least not a 3 hour job.

So how would I be able to release the base plate from the cargo rail mountig points??

It would be perfect for there to be a single "release" lever or latch that means I could slide the whole complete unit out and back in.

thoughts?
Hi Grenadierboy,

There are effectively two standalone sections to the cargo system. One being the floor plate with the drawers and fridge slide bolted to it and the other being the Cargo rack with the cargo barrier and roof shelf.

We have designed the floor plate to replace the floor in the boot, this bolts into the factory L-Track mounting locations. The thought process here is that if/when you don't want to run the drawers this then doubles up as your floor and provides multiple L-Track fitting compatible tie down locations negating the need for removal when wanting a flat load area. The floor plate bolts down to three runners, each runner has two brackets that bolt into the cargo rail fixing locations. The floor plates then bolt down to the runners with 9no. M6 bolts each (18no. on total as the floor plate is two piece).

The Fridge slide and bottom drawer bolt down to the floor plate with 6no. M6 Dome head bolts each. The drawers above then bolt onto each each other. In terms of removal you should be able to remove the fridge slide and drawers quite easily and I'd expect it to be no more than a 20min job. If you wanted to remove the floor plate, you are probably looking at another 15min or so.

The Cargo rack and barrier are quite a bit more Involved in terms of the number of components and fixings. I would expect you could remove this in 45min or so.

The single lever release is a great idea but not something I think we could implement practically or cost effectively.

Any other questions feel free to ask here or drop us email at info@buzzoverland.com

Cheers

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Grenadierboy,

There are effectively two standalone sections to the cargo system. One being the floor plate with the drawers and fridge slide bolted to it and the other being the Cargo rack with the cargo barrier and roof shelf.

We have designed the floor plate to replace the floor in the boot, this bolts into the factory L-Track mounting locations. The thought process here is that if/when you don't want to run the drawers this then doubles up as your floor and provides multiple L-Track fitting compatible tie down locations negating the need for removal when wanting a flat load area. The floor plate bolts down to three runners, each runner has two brackets that bolt into the cargo rail fixing locations. The floor plates then bolt down to the runners with 9no. M6 bolts each (18no. on total as the floor plate is two piece).

The Fridge slide and bottom drawer bolt down to the floor plate with 6no. M6 Dome head bolts each. The drawers above then bolt onto each each other. In terms of removal you should be able to remove the fridge slide and drawers quite easily and I'd expect it to be no more than a 20min job. If you wanted to remove the floor plate, you are probably looking at another 15min or so.

The Cargo rack and barrier are quite a bit more Involved in terms of the number of components and fixings. I would expect you could remove this in 45min or so.

The single lever release is a great idea but not something I think we could implement practically or cost effectively.

Any other questions feel free to ask here or drop us email at info@buzzoverland.com

Cheers
Am assuming you need the base plate in order to use the slide. Also can you use base plate, slide and drawers with the INEOS cargo barrier?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
I have been trying to make some sense of the mid level shelf

Does it need the rear rack to work or as I suspect it is a standalone accessory.

I ask as £700 seems a little rich for a shelf and four brackets. I might be missing something but the fridge slider is priced at £400, so it doesn’t look very good value for money compared if it is indeed a shelf and four brackets/legs.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Does it need the rear rack to work or as I suspect it is a standalone accessory.

I ask as £700 seems a little rich for a shelf and four brackets. I might be missing something but the fridge slider is priced at £400, so it doesn’t look very good value for money compared if it is indeed a shelf and four brackets/legs.
Was thinking exactly the same myself. Not seeing fully how it is supposed to work.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
I have seen this in the metal and from what I saw it can be a standalone shelf. It uses the four (2 each side) strap down loop fixings that are just under the side windows as the fixings, and these have Molle plate on them just under the shelf to allow items to be strapped to them. Or at least they were on the one I have physically seen.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cheshire Cat, i have uploaded some photos below of our belstaff inspired Recaro CS conversion (retains the factory base for adjustability)
Hi Alex,

Nice Jeep! AEV makes great products. I had their bumpers and lift on my JK.

The drawer and kitchen set-ups for the Grenadier look great!

Would you consider developing a kit for removing the second row of seats in the Grenadier, and having a flat floor in the entire area behind the front seats? You can order a 2-seater Grenadier from the factory in Europe but not in North America. An added bonus for this kit would be a full-length drawer system built on top of this flat floor.

Thanks!

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Oee awesome to see these developments coming along :)
I was first very tempted to order a lot of the items from the factory as I wasn't sure there was a aftermarket but seeing it shows there are more options out there already :)

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Shaky,

The Cargo rack doesn't need the cargo barrier to work and as such can be used as a standalone accessory. Our Cargo barrier does bolt onto the shelf to keep it rigid. We can offer a bracket for the cargo barrier so that it can be used without the shelf if one wanted to go that route.

The idea behind the rack is to provide additional storage space, whether you are running our drawer and fridge slide system or not. It also effectively provides a wider load area than the boot floor does. We envisage folk possible storing Bags, Gun boxes, camping chairs or whatever else one would need for the pursuit they are carrying out.

Cargo Rack 1.jpegCargo Rack 3.jpeg
Cargo Rack 4.jpeg

In terms of the cost, this shelf is by far the most complex of our accessories and is made up of 14no. components. We designed it this way to achieve a few things, namely:
1. Ensure it is incredibly rigid and be able to hold a decent amount of load.
2. Allow up to 100mm of height adjustment, in 25mm increments.
3. To maximise the width size of the shelf and allow it to be practically installed into he vehicle without having to force it in and scratch up any plastics or the like in the process.
4. Enable us to keep the packing size within the constraints of what we can ship without having to use a pallet service.

The frame of the cargo rack also provides additional funtionalitly, both side brackets have Molle cut outs as well as M6 holes for the ability to bolt or strap accessories to this. One use we thought was quite handy on the drawer side was to mount an ARB compressor. The bracket we had on display at the game fair was a pre production version. The production version has a flange with cut outs for an ARB air Chuck and carling switch. We'll be releasing this soon.
ARB Mount.jpg

See below for a few screenshots of the frame, this will give you a better idea of what has gone into the design and what the makeup of the rack is.

Rack Underside.jpg

I hope that explains what our idea behind the rack is, we've seen this utilised very effectively on the Jeep Wrangler Platform, so thought it would make sense to implement for the Grenadier.

Cheers
Ryan

Last edited:

Gruntly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself (Alex) and my business (Buzz Special Vehicles). Some of you may have seen that we have been hard at work, pushing forward with the development of our INEOS Grenadier demo vehicle. We have been involved from the early stages when INEOS gave us a vehicle to play with and scan, we jumped at the chance and have been working on it ever since.

I have teamed up with a new business partner (Ryan), who will also be posting on here. This will enable us to focus on our core line of products under a subsidiary banner of “Buzz Overland”. This will form the basis of our product range for the INEOS Grenadier and we are really excited to show you some of the products we have been working on.

As well as this, we would love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas on new products you would like to see on the market. We will continue to innovate and create solutions to problems, owners may face.

We have a broad spectrum of experience in this field, having modified Jeep Wranglers for the past 6 years, as well as using my own vehicle for overland trips (see below a walk around link of my own vehicle). I have come to understand that there are always ways of enhancing a vehicles usability and functionality, my approach to this has always been a very OEM+ look and style, we try to create solutions to problems but also try to enhance the visual of the vehicle whilst doing so.

So, to start off I have attached below a few renders of the two different styles of sidebar, we have been working on. They will be made here in the UK entirely and will be a high-quality stainless-steel construction, utilising the factory pick up points on the chassis. We would love to hear your feedback on these and we will also be posting the finished photos once fitted to our demo.

For any of you that would like to see our demo vehicles. We will have two on display at The Game Fair in Ragley Hall at the end of this month (see below a link to this). Here we will have our Donny grey luxe edition with, our custom Recaro CS conversion and Bellstaff inspired leather along with custom coach work and some other goodness! Alongside that we will have a mushroom coloured utility that will feature some of our overland kit. It would be great to see some of you there and discuss and share ideas.

For any other general work or overland prep, people may require on there INEOS Grenadier, my existing business is very much set up to cater for this. We have servicing facilities and love to take on custom projects customers have in mind. If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lastly, we will soon become a supporting Vendor on this club, we very much look forward to helping the club and its members if we can.

Links below:

My personal wrangler build walk around:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8-7mCdktU&t=43s

Buzz Overland- Instagram page:

Buzz Special Vehicles- Instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/buzz_special_vehicles/+

The Game Fair where we will be exhibiting:

https://thegamefair.org/
Look forward to seeing the accessories.For my trialmaster I fitted rocksliders but some bolt on step plate extensions would be great. Also keen for a simple max trax mounting to the rear side window rails similar to the black sheep option but lighter and just for trax. Better than on the roof. Definitely looking for a better bull bar and winch as the Ineos option is far from optimal.

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Am assuming you need the base plate in order to use the slide. Also can you use base plate, slide and drawers with the INEOS cargo barrier?
HI AnD3rew,

Yes you can run the floor plate and drawers with the Ineos Cargo barrier. We designed the system to fit the non commercial Grenadier version. The commercial versions seats are tilted a bit further forward than the non commercial.

You can see the where the cargo barrier attaches and is located in the commercial variant below:
Commercial Boot.jpeg

And then in the Non commercial the seat latch is where the cargo barrier in the shot above is, like this:
Non commercial boot1.jpg
So our system, including the cargo rack would clear the standard Ineos Barrier.

I hope that helps.

Cheers
Ryan

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

Nice Jeep! AEV makes great products. I had their bumpers and lift on my JK.

The drawer and kitchen set-ups for the Grenadier look great!

Would you consider developing a kit for removing the second row of seats in the Grenadier, and having a flat floor in the entire area behind the front seats? You can order a 2-seater Grenadier from the factory in Europe but not in North America. An added bonus for this kit would be a full-length drawer system built on top of this flat floor.

Thanks!
Hey Stickshifter,

We are always open to new ideas. And if there was demand for a seat delete setup it's certainly something we could look at in the future.

Cheers
Ryan

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Grenadierboy,

Cheers
Thanks Ryan for your explaination of your cargo system, esp. the floor plate; how it can remain in place effectively as the cargo area floor standalone & approx dismantling times. I want it to work for me!

cheers

Back
Top Bottom