The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buzz Special Vehicles / Buzz Overland.

buzzspecialvehicles

Supporting Vendor
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself (Alex) and my business (Buzz Special Vehicles). Some of you may have seen that we have been hard at work, pushing forward with the development of our INEOS Grenadier demo vehicle. We have been involved from the early stages when INEOS gave us a vehicle to play with and scan, we jumped at the chance and have been working on it ever since.

I have teamed up with a new business partner (Ryan), who will also be posting on here. This will enable us to focus on our core line of products under a subsidiary banner of “Buzz Overland”. This will form the basis of our product range for the INEOS Grenadier and we are really excited to show you some of the products we have been working on.

As well as this, we would love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas on new products you would like to see on the market. We will continue to innovate and create solutions to problems, owners may face.

We have a broad spectrum of experience in this field, having modified Jeep Wranglers for the past 6 years, as well as using my own vehicle for overland trips (see below a walk around link of my own vehicle). I have come to understand that there are always ways of enhancing a vehicles usability and functionality, my approach to this has always been a very OEM+ look and style, we try to create solutions to problems but also try to enhance the visual of the vehicle whilst doing so.

So, to start off I have attached below a few renders of the two different styles of sidebar, we have been working on. They will be made here in the UK entirely and will be a high-quality stainless-steel construction, utilising the factory pick up points on the chassis. We would love to hear your feedback on these and we will also be posting the finished photos once fitted to our demo.

For any of you that would like to see our demo vehicles. We will have two on display at The Game Fair in Ragley Hall at the end of this month (see below a link to this). Here we will have our Donny grey luxe edition with, our custom Recaro CS conversion and Bellstaff inspired leather along with custom coach work and some other goodness! Alongside that we will have a mushroom coloured utility that will feature some of our overland kit. It would be great to see some of you there and discuss and share ideas.

For any other general work or overland prep, people may require on there INEOS Grenadier, my existing business is very much set up to cater for this. We have servicing facilities and love to take on custom projects customers have in mind. If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lastly, we will soon become a supporting Vendor on this club, we very much look forward to helping the club and its members if we can.

Links below:

My personal wrangler build walk around:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8-7mCdktU&t=43s

Buzz Overland- Instagram page:

Buzz Special Vehicles- Instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/buzz_special_vehicles/+

The Game Fair where we will be exhibiting:

https://thegamefair.org/

Attachments

• Rock Slider Iso No scan.png
    Rock Slider Iso No scan.png
    505.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Tubular Step Sio with scan.png
    Tubular Step Sio with scan.png
    867 KB · Views: 255
  • Tubular Step Side.png
    Tubular Step Side.png
    444.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Tubular Step Side No scan.png
    Tubular Step Side No scan.png
    187 KB · Views: 202
  • Tubular Step Iso.png
    Tubular Step Iso.png
    411.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Rock Slider - Iso Bottom.png
    Rock Slider - Iso Bottom.png
    519.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Rock Slider Iso Top.png
    Rock Slider Iso Top.png
    1,011.3 KB · Views: 217

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Glad to have you on board mate!

As a side note, ill be on the Buzz stand at the Game Fair for the weekend, so anyone who's attending or fancies a good day out, come and say hi! Be good to put some faces to some names.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself (Alex) and my business (Buzz Special Vehicles). Some of you may have seen that we have been hard at work, pushing forward with the development of our INEOS Grenadier demo vehicle. We have been involved from the early stages when INEOS gave us a vehicle to play with and scan, we jumped at the chance and have been working on it ever since.

I have teamed up with a new business partner (Ryan), who will also be posting on here. This will enable us to focus on our core line of products under a subsidiary banner of “Buzz Overland”. This will form the basis of our product range for the INEOS Grenadier and we are really excited to show you some of the products we have been working on.

As well as this, we would love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas on new products you would like to see on the market. We will continue to innovate and create solutions to problems, owners may face.

We have a broad spectrum of experience in this field, having modified Jeep Wranglers for the past 6 years, as well as using my own vehicle for overland trips (see below a walk around link of my own vehicle). I have come to understand that there are always ways of enhancing a vehicles usability and functionality, my approach to this has always been a very OEM+ look and style, we try to create solutions to problems but also try to enhance the visual of the vehicle whilst doing so.

So, to start off I have attached below a few renders of the two different styles of sidebar, we have been working on. They will be made here in the UK entirely and will be a high-quality stainless-steel construction, utilising the factory pick up points on the chassis. We would love to hear your feedback on these and we will also be posting the finished photos once fitted to our demo.

For any of you that would like to see our demo vehicles. We will have two on display at The Game Fair in Ragley Hall at the end of this month (see below a link to this). Here we will have our Donny grey luxe edition with, our custom Recaro CS conversion and Bellstaff inspired leather along with custom coach work and some other goodness! Alongside that we will have a mushroom coloured utility that will feature some of our overland kit. It would be great to see some of you there and discuss and share ideas.

For any other general work or overland prep, people may require on there INEOS Grenadier, my existing business is very much set up to cater for this. We have servicing facilities and love to take on custom projects customers have in mind. If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lastly, we will soon become a supporting Vendor on this club, we very much look forward to helping the club and its members if we can.

Links below:

Hi Buzz Special Vehicles, I have pre-ordered the Grenadier Trial Master. I like the look and profile of first photo showing your flat side steps.
I have a couple thoughts. I would prefer to see a rubber type material on the step vs the aluminum or steel on the step that has all the holes in it. I think all the holes will just trap dirt and hold it. Perhaps the same material you showed in your jeep video at the front bumper would be great on the step portion of the side steps. Looks non-slip and would not trap dirt. It looks like this side step is pretty high up. It would be great if you could also design one that is lower for better ease of entry. I don't like the look of the Grenadier side steps, although the height of them is about right for easier entry into the vehicle for my wife and our nieces and nephews. It looks like you designed access points for a high jack, which if so is great. Last but not least, it would be great is the side steps were stout enough to also provide some protection like a rock slider. DaBull

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Links below:

Hi Alex
I did comment on your site via FB which is not a patch on this website. I had been speaking with Dave at Mahker Engineering and he had mentioned you. Very excited to see what you come up with over the coming weeks and months. I saw pictures of the interior modifications you made to the Grenadier and it did look very good. My immediate requirement are side steps and currently my favourite is the LeTech product. Goes without saying that I would prefer to buy British if possible so will see what you end up producing. Either way, going forward I am sure we will do some business at some point.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it was on their Instagram page. Perhaps Alex could post the pic's here?
Looks like something that Urban might produce and definitely for the aspiring G-wagon crowd. Did look very professional with matching leather on doors etc.

buzzspecialvehicles

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cheshire Cat, i have uploaded some photos below of our belstaff inspired Recaro CS conversion (retains the factory base for adjustability)

Attachments

• image00010.jpeg
    image00010.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 210
  • image00003.jpeg
    image00003.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 200
  • image00001.jpeg
    image00001.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image00006.jpeg
    image00006.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 223

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Buzz Special Vehicles, I have pre-ordered the Grenadier Trial Master. I like the look and profile of first photo showing your flat side steps.
I have a couple thoughts. I would prefer to see a rubber type material on the step vs the aluminum or steel on the step that has all the holes in it. I think all the holes will just trap dirt and hold it. Perhaps the same material you showed in your jeep video at the front bumper would be great on the step portion of the side steps. Looks non-slip and would not trap dirt. It looks like this side step is pretty high up. It would be great if you could also design one that is lower for better ease of entry. I don't like the look of the Grenadier side steps, although the height of them is about right for easier entry into the vehicle for my wife and our nieces and nephews. It looks like you designed access points for a high jack, which if so is great. Last but not least, it would be great is the side steps were stout enough to also provide some protection like a rock slider. DaBull
Hey DaBull, I'm working with Buzz SV on the Buzz Overland product Range.

We genuinley appreciate your feedback on the step and a rubber grip is certainly something we can look into. The flat step has been designed to be used as a rock slider is a fully boxed construction so should be plenty strong. Height wise the flat step is approx 490mm from ground level to the tread at the centre of the front doors. The rear is slightly higher due to the rake on the Grenadier. The tubular steps are approx 100mm lower, coming in at 390mm from ground level to the centre of the step at the front door.

Our thought process was to offer two styles of step depending on the use case required. See pics below for a side by side of the two styles.

Cheers
Rock Slider Side View.pngRock Step Side View.png

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
Hey DaBull, I'm working with Buzz SV on the Buzz Overland product Range.

We genuinley appreciate your feedback on the step and a rubber grip is certainly something we can look into. The flat step has been designed to be used as a rock slider is a fully boxed construction so should be plenty strong. Height wise the flat step is approx 490mm from ground level to the tread at the centre of the front doors. The rear is slightly higher due to the rake on the Grenadier. The tubular steps are approx 100mm lower, coming in at 390mm from ground level to the centre of the step at the front door.

Our thought process was to offer two styles of step depending on the use case required. See pics below for a side by side of the two styles.

Cheers
View attachment 7819210View attachment 7819211
Hi RyanT, Thanks for the quick response, impressive. The details are helpful and appreciated. Keep up the good work. DaBull

buzzspecialvehicles

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i hope you are doing well.

I thought I would drop a few more teasers of a storage solution system we have been working on. This will be fully modular, so if you prefer to have two drawers side by side, you can. If you would rather have our fridge slide, plus two drawers next to it you can, as the drawers are stackable and symmetrical.

We have incorporated a molle panel design with a twin ARB compressor mount built in also. As well as that, in my experience whilst travelling overland in my own vehicle, its great to have the ability to double stack, there is nothing worse than not being able to access your fridge due to cargo packed on top of it. We have incorporated the shelf and then a further shelf above it for stashing coats, walking boots etc. We figured that with the amount of space available in the grenadier, we wanted to make it as versatile as possible and give you guys the option to build it for your use case.

Features of our system:
-Drawers have heavy duty (rated to 227kg) sliders when fully extended
-The floor plate is a combination of 4mm aluminium for the base and 3mm mild steel supports
-The drawer itself is 3mm aluminium
-Cargo rack (1st layer) is a combination of 3mm aluminium with mild steel frame work
-ARB compressor mount is made from 3mm aluminium
-The Timber option is 19mm rhino board
-Fridge and drawer slides are identical and interchangeable.
-Multiple cut-outs for L-track fittings (found elsewhere on the vehicle)
-Cargo barrier attaches to cargo rack, but for those that do not want the cargo rack we will offer a bracket so you can run without it.
-Milwaukee pack out option for the cargo rack
-The cargo rack is height adjustable with around 75mm of adjustment
-Molle compatible panels on the cargo barrier/roof shelf and bracketry for the cargo rack.

Thoughts and feedback welcome :)

Attachments

• System Option 2-3.jpg
    System Option 2-3.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 235
  • System Option 2-2.jpg
    System Option 2-2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 231
  • System Option 2.jpg
    System Option 2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Full System 6.jpg
    Full System 6.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Full System 5.jpg
    Full System 5.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Full System 4.jpg
    Full System 4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Full System 3 drawers extended.jpg
    Full System 3 drawers extended.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Full System 2.jpg
    Full System 2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 219
  • Full System 1.jpg
    Full System 1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 237

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
in the side-by-side drawer setup, does it align with folded-down back seats to make a flat surface?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
I saw this exact set up yesterday and I am quite excited about what Buzz are doing.

The gullwing doors to allow side access to the shelving including a gun safe sound great and the side steps looked like a great piece of kit as well.

Apparently the website with prices will go live in the next 4-5 days if that helps.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I send a clip on the socials and they have the IG looking great, the side steps might be the best on the market
Do we know if the Buzz side steps will have similar strength to that of the Swiss & German competitors? I certainly like a lot of what Buzz are up to, so somewhere along the line I feel sure they will be gaining some business from me.

Back
Top Bottom