The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build date on website

A

Andy

The Build date has disappeared from my order 7 days ago. Does anyone know what's happening. Problems?

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
I had the same problem and someone said that it was because they are updating the website. This seems very odd to me. I have managed website updates for years. You get the new one working and in layman's terms turn the old one in off and the new one on. Very amateurish is that is the real be story why.

A

Andy

I had the same problem and someone said that it was because they are updating the website. This seems very odd to me. I have managed website updates for years. You get the new one working and in layman's terms turn the old one in off and the new one on. Very amateurish is that is the real be story why.
yes. not sure why it would only be the build date missing and nothing else. There seems to be very little coming out of INEOS at the moment when it comes to updating the project on builds.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
yes. not sure why it would only be the build date missing and nothing else. There seems to be very little coming out of INEOS at the moment when it comes to updating the project on builds.
On your order there are various pieces of information that won't change and then their is one line that starts with the word Estimated.
That can/will change based on what configurations are ordered, their component availability and production scheduling.
I have no idea how far ahead they are locking in their production schedules, but I wouldn't think it would be more than a month ahead.
Most car manufacturers build for stock not against customer order. so the plan their production schedule and their dealers sell to the schedule.
When you go to a Toyota, Ford, Mazda etc dealer they look at a list of what they have in stock or they look at the factory allocated stock list.
The factory can do their schedules 6 months ahead or more.
Ineos will certainly need to batch build to orders with the same configurations such as paint, safari windows, etc.
At least until they start to build a history of common configurations.

1664421032848.png

A

Andy

Hi Dave. I do understand that estimated means that the date may change. But to remove it completely with no comment from Ineos ?
I agree with your comments on batch orders. Ordered silver so I expect they will make all the silvers together.
Looking forward to it eventually arriving

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
I have no idea how far ahead they are locking in their production schedules, but I wouldn't think it would be more than a month ahead.
It should have been 60 days as per the customer locking the spec with a signed contract.

Most car manufacturers build for stock not against customer order.
That's changed hugely in recent times. The US used to be the home of the large car lot.
Screenshot_20220929_082055.jpg

Ineos will certainly need to batch build to orders with the same configurations such as paint.
Ineos have bespoke Geico Takisha booths and Dürr equipment in their brand new paintshop.

When you read the specs on what's possible now, it's mind blowing. Almost zero overspray, two tone paint finishes or stripes added with no masking, choice of 36 colours and colour changes done in less than 10 seconds with around 10ml of paint wasted.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
10ml of wasted paint only - crikey, I lose that cleaning my brushes or dropping the lid on the floor!!!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
The Ineos website now shows "estimated production date". I may be mistaken, but wasn't that recently 'estimated delivery date' ?
Still showing only '-' btw.

Anybody else?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is showing and always has 'Estimated Build Month'

And still have a blank there as of now.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
same here. They never offered a delivery date for me. Hopefully they will do soon!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos website now shows "estimated production date". I may be mistaken, but wasn't that recently 'estimated delivery date' ?
Still showing only '-' btw.

Anybody else?
We need to see a screenshot of that...

Mine's showing no change from the recent blank:

Screenshot_20220929_130417.jpg

Here's a page from JLR's system for tracking a new Defender. Seems simple enough, no need for Ineos to reinvent the wheel:

Screenshot_20220929_123638_com.facebook.katana.jpg

A

Andy

My website order page has changed, as it no longer shows the deposit paid, or the estimate build date. However, where it used to show order and invoice ( top right hand corner) it now shows contact dealer, when clicked it directs you to an email address to contact dealer direct. In my case Purnell motors in Sydney.
The page also shows Shop orders now whereas it did not before.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My website order page has changed, as it no longer shows the deposit paid, or the estimate build date. However, where it used to show order and invoice ( top right hand corner) it now shows contact dealer, when clicked it directs you to an email address to contact dealer direct. In my case Purnell motors in Sydney.
Mine has lost the reference to deposit paid
All it has now is order number
Order date
Price

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
same here but when I click on "Contact your dealer" - it creates a blank email with no dealer email!

Anyway - why do I need to contact my dealer (agent)?

A

Andy

same here but when I click on "Contact your dealer" - it creates a blank email with no dealer email!

Anyway - why do I need to contact my dealer (agent)?
I have just had a response from my dealer, Purnell Motors in Sydney. The dealer principal (Rodney) contacted me to advise that they are currently going through all of the training on a portal with INEOS and are almost ready to be switched over to live dealer. Once this is done they will have access to the same information that INEOS has including manufacturing schedules. What he did say that was very pleasing , was the INEOS are very committed to keeping the schedule on course for its current orders, with only minor changes. So expect your vehicle as previously communicated.
He also mentioned that the test drive vehicles are not far away and INEOS have insisted that ordered/ customers must be serviced first. He has advised that they will contact me shortly for test drive and a comprehensive vehicle review. Looks like the momentum is now starting to happen. The dealer was excellent with his information and very much said they are as excited about the Grenadier Journey as we are.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to my "local" dealer earlier this week in Victoria, OZ.
He said that they are having about "two zoom training sessions per week" at the moment, and had my information on the dealer portal.
They are still a bit "green" as far as IA processes, and indeed the car in general, however I can tell that they are picking up speed now.
He mentioned that PT0-3 vehicles will be here in November, but it might be December before full production "demo" cars arrive.

But I suppose we will see, as I have only spoken to one dealer, as the other "non local" dealers I have tried to speak to haven't even rung me back.

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At this stage I have just selected Warragul City Motors as they are the closest to me.
I haven't specifically "selected:" where I 100% want to get one from yet, just checking them out I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom