The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build date on website

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Tks update Aylestage, I presume apart from the complete mess of parts shortages their finance packages on offer (especially in UK) have all been pulled as well, that will also add to the meley

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dealers can not use cars for test drives if they were build to orders. So the only way to get to test cars is to have them 'on stock'.
The OP has posted "excluding demo models" when talking of stock.

Ineos have indicated that the demonstrator vehicles (both drive and static) will be provided to agents but owned by them, so not stock.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UK dealers have ordered vehicles for demo use (seems to be 2 or 3 a dealership) my dealer had a meeting on the 16th SEPT and they were told at that point, they would see their demos in OCT. But with the first batch of vehicles build date moving back from OCT I am not sure they will be seeing them just yet
Yes, the agents/retail partners are getting a demo fleet but they are supposed to be "free issue" from Ineos. OP mentions stock vehicles, excluding these demo ones.

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Tks update Aylestage, I presume apart from the complete mess of parts shortages their finance packages on offer (especially in UK) have all been pulled as well, that will also add to the meley
I haven't heard anything on the finance packages, I can say that the trade in values I have discussed at the moment for my current vehicle here in the UK seem to be quite low, but maybe that's a sign of the times I don't know

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
The agent/dealer specifically mentioned a "stock" of cars to sell to the public.

I took that to mean a person could walk off the street, look at a car in the showroom and buy it.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
The agent/dealer specifically mentioned a "stock" of cars to sell to the public.

I took that to mean a person could walk off the street, look at a car in the showroom and buy it.
I too asked the dealers about this question regarding “dealers selling stock directly”. Their thoughts were that for some time that all stock they are delivering would be coming from the pre- orders that have been made. They mentioned that the first cars that they thought they could sell from the dealership would be the ex Ineos demo cars.
However this may well just be speculation.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks ~ that is either a significant change or the person was mistaken.

Screenshot_20220930_120104.jpg

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
I think the excellent high ideals for the project have not really materialised in full, at least so far. Perhaps, it was a little idealistic to think they would ~ and I very much wanted them too. However, INEOS have my full support (financial and otherwise) in trying this approach.

I would agree with this, and extend it further. Ineos are recruiting across the board for all sorts of positions in Customer Service, Marketing, PR and Product Management. Almost exclusively they are appointing people who have worked for Audi, VW, Maclaren, Renault, etc.

I can only assume that the induction process has not included sitting down and understanding how this project came about and it's core ideals. What they are bringing to this project is their "expertise" in how Audi, VW, Maclaren, Renault did these tasks. The end result is the project ideals are getting watered down at best, or some lost at worst.

Go right back to the beginning of the project, Sir Jim tells the story of how Ineos sat down with various motor industry experts and laid out what they wanted to do. They were told it couldn't be done, so they recruited a team that had never worked a day in the motor industry, including a head designer who designed boats.

What puzzles me is we have seen the photos of the retail partner conferences (at least 2 rounds in some regions) and global retail partner virtual conferences. So there's been opportunities for those who have wanted to step up to the plate and get right into the detail.

View attachment 7794201
View attachment 7794202
View attachment 7794204
View attachment 7794205
The task they have set themselves is enormous and for people like me who live and work and play in the Outback of Australia my focus is on a vehicle that will do what they say it will do.
The hype surrounding the vehicles is to be expected and, yes, they have promised a lot. But, if I had put billions like Jim has done into a project such as this I will want to get my money's worth. So, we need to have a little faith, a lot of patience and think of the years of enjoyment will have thumbing our noses at people (did I say Landrover International magazine?) who said it wont work
I am still excited!!

Back
Top Bottom