The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Belstaff Jackets

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I am quite lucky with my belly, 1m87 and 72 kg. Whatever I eat or drink!
Some 10 years ago I was participating at an international judo competition for veterans (next doors for me, in The Southern Netherlands) and we could get a free health check-up.
I went to the doctor to get my results and he told me: "you have one problem, you are below the minimum limit of fat level"
I asked: "So, what's the problem?"
He: "Well, you are below the lower limit!"
Me: "Yess, I understood, but what's the problem for my health?"
He: "Euh, well, that you will burn your muscles instead of your fat when you are doing a lot of effort!"
Me: "So, no health problem?"
He: "Not really"
🤣
We have had several cases in Australia of very fit amateur's running marathons in hot weather.
They have very low fat levels and as your doctor said they start to burn their muscles instead of fat.
They keep going until they actually start to damage and destroy the muscles.
This damage is not reversible.

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
It's good and healthy to carry a bit of fat.
I agree, but for an unknown reason (at least for me) my body doesn't store fat, whatever I do, no diet for me. But I still am doing sport, at a quieter pace, but still doing. And of course I have some fat, but much less than other people.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We have had several cases in Australia of very fit amateur's running marathons in hot weather.
They have very low fat levels and as your doctor said they start to burn their muscles instead of fat.
They keep going until they actually start to damage and destroy the muscles.
This damage is not reversible.
A kid in my son's grade 9 class got rhabdomyolysis and almost died. Blame crossfit for that...
He did end up with a new name though. "Rhabdo"

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Here's an idea. Call it food for thought.
You Euro guys find out where they source the leather.
Organise a hunting trip , procure your bovine choice , have a few steak camp dinners.
Then return the hide to the factory to construct your bespoke artisanal jacket.

For me though , hmm, which animals have canvas skin?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
That is very true , as a runner ( not long distance) I have to eat like a pig to prevent myself wasting away.
I went to a mountaineer's talk once ; he mentioned one of his team used to binge on pies and Guinness (he was Irish) in the months before an Himalayan trip.
After the acclimatisation weeks he was of normal stature , the others were eating into their muscles and thus weaker.
It's good and healthy to carry a bit of fat.
Ah, this is good. My gluttony is helping my lifestyle. Why don't my clothes fit then.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was in the Belstaff shop today, 62 is big enough.
Interesting:
when hI informed them that i would not buy the jacket because i was expecting a voucher, it came up in the conversation that i had ordered a grenadier.
manager and seller are total fans of the car.
result:
I am to call when I pick up the jacket, the shop is downtown in a pedestrian area, they will remove the barriers so I can drive the car in front of the shop for a cup of coffee!😜😂👍

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting:
when hI informed them that i would not buy the jacket because i was expecting a voucher, it came up in the conversation that i had ordered a grenadier.
manager and seller are total fans of the car.
result:
I am to call when I pick up the jacket, the shop is downtown in a pedestrian area, they will remove the barriers so I can drive the car in front of the shop for a cup of coffee!😜😂👍
just give us the address and the number. We will come one by one to collect our jackets there.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... pedestrian area, they will remove the barriers so I can drive the car in front of the shop for a cup of coffee!😜😂👍
just give us the address and the number. We will come one by one to collect our jackets there.
Me too, I want the town and address, Germany isn't that far ... ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I only have to look in the chip shop window and I put weight on
Same here. I only need to read the word "chocolate" ...

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Cyclists (racers) eat a lot of noodles before the race. This way they store energy for the race.

This is imho the hardest sport in terms of how long the load lasts. Every time I ride or have ridden alpine roads and see some of them, I think, "How crazy are these guys?". They ride their bikes up 2800 m high passes, I would need a rescue helicopter if I tried that.

They have my admiration and respect, but I don't get it. Unless they are masochists.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
I’m hoping it’ll be a credit/voucher for Belstaff in general. In looking over their website, there’s a number of products I prefer over the TM and FM jackets themselves.
I thought I'd seen somewhere it was quite specific, Belstaff Fieldmaster for a Fieldmaster, and Trialmaster for a Trialmaster. That is part of their marketing strategy. Now if the Belstaff shop is prepared to do a deal......
But I would be surprised if they didn't want to risk the wrath of their master.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They have my admiration and respect, but I don't get it. Unless they are masochists.
That is true. Endurance runners also.
Doesn't leave strength and energy for more pleasurable pursuits , just adds lots more CO2 into the atmosphere😉
Which melts the glaciers above your mountain passes...

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i've only had belstaff for motorcycling, but i'm a big fan of barbour jackets because you're never over/under dressed!
maybe swap the fieldmaster wax jacket for a leather one😜

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cyclists (racers) eat a lot of noodles before the race. This way they store energy for the race.

This is imho the hardest sport in terms of how long the load lasts. Every time I ride or have ridden alpine roads and see some of them, I think, "How crazy are these guys?". They ride their bikes up 2800 m high passes, I would need a rescue helicopter if I tried that.

The hardest sport in terms of burnt calories seems to be an ultra marathon. I looked it up two weeks ago because someone told me some bullshit about football (soccer) players that would burn 12.000 kcal a day.

Back
Top Bottom