The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aux sockets.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
Has anybody found aux outlets in footwells,under bonnet and fusebox.Had a quick look but cant see anything obvious.Do you have to remove covers.Quick start guide very vague not a good picture.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, today I connected Deutsch plugs to the two cable ends in the engine compartment (10 amp and 25 amp).
The 10 amp line is switched via switch EXT1 and the 25 amp via switch EXT5.

I used a Deutsch DT for the 10 amp and a Deutsch DTP (like on the roof) for the 25 amp.

I really struggled with this and was once again very annoyed about the assembly in Hambach and the development/construction.
Both cable ends are tied off so short from the thick cable harness that you must not have completed your 10th year of life for your hands to still fit in. It took me hours.
I have connected a high-voltage device with metal plates in the engine compartment and underneath to the 10 amp socket for marten repellent, which I only activate via the switch when necessary. My vehicle is usually parked in the garage.

However, the 25 amp socket has no voltage. I assume that this is related to the software issue in connection with the missing front winch and the Nato socket. This currently has no voltage either if you have not fitted a front winch. I will clarify this later.

During assembly, I discovered that the thin cables leading to the brake fluid reservoir sensor were so stretched that they would have torn off in the foreseeable future.
Again I was annoyed with the production people in Hambach. Surely this had to be noticed during assembly!

The easiest thing I could do was to build a strain relief. I pulled the whole wiring harness up a bit and the thin cable to the brake fluid reservoir was relaxed again.
Have any of you already fitted these cable ends with connectors? And do you have voltage on the 25amp socket? With or without front winch?

And by the way, how can you be so stupid as to use some kind of insulation material in the engine compartment. Martens love that kind of thing. This shows that the developers have little practical experience.
I had to google vehicle destroying Martens
One of the few animal problems we don't have in Australia.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
Has anybody found aux outlets in footwells,under bonnet and fusebox.Had a quick look but cant see anything obvious.Do you have to remove covers.Quick start guide very vague not a good picture.
The footwell outlets were found quite some time ago, but I don't remember by whom, but in this post from me you will see them:

https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...t-in-auxiliary-footwell-power-point.12412359/

I will try to find the post I made concerning the "under the bonnet" ones, one was found by somebody (still don't remember whom) and the other by myself. I will edit this post when I find the original post.

[EDITED] HERE YOU HAVE IT

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
However, the 25 amp socket has no voltage. I assume that this is related to the software issue in connection with the missing front winch and the Nato socket. This currently has no voltage either if you have not fitted a front winch. I will clarify this later.
I understand the front winch and rear NATO socket are wired together via the BCM and so are "software" related; but the under bonnet 25A should be on a separate circuit via the auxiliary fuse/relay box under the rear seats - position FL03 & RL03:
Fuse Box 1B.jpg

Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
I understand the front winch and rear NATO socket are wired together via the BCM and so are "software" related; but the under bonnet 25A should be on a separate circuit via the auxiliary fuse/relay box under the rear seats - position FL03 & RL03:
View attachment 7820995
@DCPU, yes, that's how I see it too. So I wonder why there is no voltage on the 25 amp socket? I'll have to look at the fuses again today. Do you have any other ideas?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Larry

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Another Aux power wire end is also found near the aux battery under the rear seat (it has 3 wires, circuit rated at 40 amps):

View attachment 7817893
Thanks for this information. The 3 aux cables behind the second battery that you showed here - are they powered by the second battery or main one? Thanks
Would be nice to use some of the 4 ext switches in the overhead panels to power things like a compressor instead of 4 external outlets that might never be used. Thanks again

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for this information. The 3 aux cables behind the second battery that you showed here - are they powered by the second battery or main one? Thanks
Would be nice to use some of the 4 ext switches in the overhead panels to power things like a compressor instead of 4 external outlets that might never be used. Thanks again
The 40A supply in the battery compartment is powered from the main starter battery. In my utility wagon with auxiliary battery nothing is connected to the auxiliary battery. I have connected a fridge via the outlet terminal on the smartpass which then protects against complete discharge of battery although my fridge has that function also and cuts off of if battery voltage drops below a pre set threshold

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, today I connected Deutsch plugs to the two cable ends in the engine compartment (10 amp and 25 amp).
The 10 amp line is switched via switch EXT1 and the 25 amp via switch EXT5.

I used a Deutsch DT for the 10 amp and a Deutsch DTP (like on the roof) for the 25 amp.

I really struggled with this and was once again very annoyed about the assembly in Hambach and the development/construction.
Both cable ends are tied off so short from the thick cable harness that you must not have completed your 10th year of life for your hands to still fit in. It took me hours.
I have connected a high-voltage device with metal plates in the engine compartment and underneath to the 10 amp socket for marten repellent, which I only activate via the switch when necessary. My vehicle is usually parked in the garage.

During assembly, I discovered that the thin cables leading to the brake fluid reservoir sensor were so stretched that they would have torn off in the foreseeable future.
Again I was annoyed with the production people in Hambach. Surely this had to be noticed during assembly!

The easiest thing I could do was to build a strain relief. I pulled the whole wiring harness up a bit and the thin cable to the brake fluid reservoir was relaxed again.
Have any of you already fitted these cable ends with connectors? And do you have voltage on the 25amp socket? With or without front winch?

And by the way, how can you be so clumsy as to use some kind of insulation material in the engine compartment. Martens love that kind of thing. This shows that the developers have little practical experience.
This afternoon I wanted also to install Deutsch plugs to the 10 A and 25 A cable ends under the bonnet. I begun with the 10A as the wires are the shortest. A real pain in the ass: like @rovie, it took me hours. A shame that Ineos didn't put connectors at the factory!
I didn't do the 25A wire yet, perhaps tomorrow.
I forgot to check the brake fluid sensor cables!

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I connected a Deutsch plug to the EXT5/25A cable end. Much easier, because longer end, it took me less than one hour , plus one hour for “finishing the fixing”.
20230728_115803.jpg
The strain on the brake fluid sensor cables was, in my opinion quite OK (strain not visible on the picture).
20230728_120108 arrow connector brake fluid.jpg
But I was somewhat less happy of the wires of this connector rubbing on the black wire bundle. In the “very long run”, the insulation of the (mainly lower white) wire could become damaged.
20230728_120145 friction.jpg
Concerning the Deutsch plugs, I don't know yet what I will use them for, But at least if I have some problem at night "under the hood" I can connect a LED lamp to it (I have 3 ready: two stronger ones and a smaller toy), unless I have a dead battery of course.

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I connected a Deutsch plug to the EXT5/25A cable end. Much easier, because longer end, it took me less than one hour , plus one hour for “finishing the fixing”.
View attachment 7821527
The strain on the brake fluid sensor cables was, in my opinion quite OK (strain not visible on the picture).
View attachment 7821528
But I was somewhat less happy of the wires of this connector rubbing on the black wire bundle. In the “very long run”, the insulation of the (mainly lower white) wire could become damaged.
View attachment 7821529
Concerning the Deutsch plugs, I don't know yet what I will use them for, But at least if If I have some problem at night "under the hood" I can connect a LED lamp to it (I have 3 ready: two stronger ones and a smaller toy), unless I have a dead battery of course.
@Jean Mercier You have voltage on both plugs (10 and 25 Amp), right?

Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I apologize, I forgot to mention that! Tested with my "toy led lamp". [EDITED: but I have the winch]
I am happy for you. Then I'm curious what the cause is in my case.
Loose cables, defective fuse, software error.
As I wrote, my 25 amp relay operates.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am happy for you. Then I'm curious what the cause is in my case.
Loose cables, defective fuse, software error.
As I wrote, my 25 amp relay operates.
I would be really surprised if it was software related, but this is a guess, because then there should be some other relay or switch actioned by the car computer. I could be wrong.
The relay operates, therefore I guess the LED in the roof panel button lights up?
And [EDITED] the fuse for the 25A outlet under the bonnet power points isn't located in one of the three "classic" places inside the car.
See the answer of @DCPU below.

[EDITED] The fuse for the 10A outlet is FI 28, checked, "overhead console switch".

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I also fitted the two outlets under the hood with Deutsch plugs. Both outlets are live. I use the 25 A outlet for a work light on the rear ladder. The 10A outlet is used for an extra relay that supplies power to a compressor in the back right of the cargo area. I also connected a small work light to each of the two front roof connections, which shine to the side. I switch these worklights with the switches EXT 3 and EXT 2

Attachments

• Deutsch.jpeg
    Deutsch.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Dach1.jpeg
    Dach1.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Kompressor.jpeg
    Kompressor.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 199
Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is that a crimp tool in the first photo?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I also fitted the two outlets under the hood with Deutsch plugs. Both outlets are live. I use the 25 A outlet for a work light on the rear ladder. The 10A outlet is used for an extra relay that supplies power to a compressor in the back right of the cargo area. I also connected a small work light to each of the two front roof connections, which shine to the side. I switch these worklights with the switches EXT 3 and EXT

The roof side work lights look great. 🙂

Could you please tell me the make and model?

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom