The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aux sockets.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody found aux outlets in footwells,under bonnet and fusebox.Had a quick look but cant see anything obvious.Do you have to remove covers.Quick start guide very vague not a good picture.

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I also fitted the two outlets under the hood with Deutsch plugs. Both outlets are live. I use the 25 A outlet for a work light on the rear ladder. The 10A outlet is used for an extra relay that supplies power to a compressor in the back right of the cargo area. I also connected a small work light to each of the two front roof connections, which shine to the side. I switch these worklights with the switches EXT 3 and EXT 2
That compressor mounting is genius. Does the panel still fit over it?

Vote:
Upvote 0

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The roof side work lights look great. 🙂

Could you please tell me the make and model?
These are cheap no name 48W worklights. You can buy them anywhere on the internet. I think they cost a little under 40 Euros together. I use 2 of these lamps with 18 W on my tractor, which together cost only 9 Euros!!!
The clamps were 9,- Euros I would have liked to use Lightforce ROK 20 for the Ineos. Unfortunately, these are only available in Australia.

Attachments

• Clamps.png
    Clamps.png
    425.2 KB · Views: 275
Vote:
Upvote 0

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That compressor mounting is genius. Does the panel still fit over it?

The pictures are just to show how I made it. The compressor was too big to be hidden anywhere in the vehicle. I now use the original lashing points on the right side. I made 2 spacers from 35 mm aluminum round material so that I can mount an airline rail in front of the panel. Since the compressor weighs 8 kg, I attached a blind nut with a plastic spacer about in the middle to be on the safe side. The plastic spacer will later be behind the panel. I take the power for the compressor from the original relay which is located directly below behind the panel. I use an extra relay to switch the compressor. This relay is also controlled by an adjustable (1-10 bar) safety switch, which interrupts the power supply at approx. 5 bar. When it's all done I'll post some pictures.

Attachments

• Mount.jpeg
    Mount.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Air.jpeg
    Air.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 274
Vote:
Upvote 0

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The compressor installation is now complete.
I also attached a work light to the rear ladder. I can switch all the lamps and the compressor separately.
EXT 2 : work light on the right
EXT 3: work light on the left
EXT 5: rear work lights
EXT 1: compressor

Next job will be installing a mirror dash cam with another camera on the back door.

Attachments

• Comp 1.jpeg
    Comp 1.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Comp2.jpeg
    Comp2.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Rear 1.jpeg
    Rear 1.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Rear2.jpeg
    Rear2.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 235
Vote:
Upvote 0

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
The compressor installation is now complete.
I also attached a work light to the rear ladder. I can switch all the lamps and the compressor separately.
EXT 2 : work light on the right
EXT 3: work light on the left
EXT 5: rear work lights
EXT 1: compressor

Next job will be installing a mirror dash cam with another camera on the back door.
Lights are neat, can you tell me please the cable run/switch for the ladder light thanks, perhaps an image of inside the door and switch would be great.

Reactions: PBD
Vote:
Upvote 0

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough

There are three wires (cables or leads if you prefer)

The brown wire is heavy duty and is permanently live. It is on fuse F113 (40amp).

The black wire is the associated earth (or ground if you prefer)

The yellow wire is live with the ignition.

I connected my compressor up to these three wires earlier today.

Hope that clarifies a bit for you
Thanks to Highwayman, DCPU and Bakepl for your help. This is what is so good about these forums.

Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, have any of you who don't have a front winch seen where the cable ends of EXT4 500A are located in the engine compartment. These are the last ones I have not found yet. A photo would be great. Thanks.

Vote:
Upvote 0

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi guys, have any of you who don't have a front winch seen where the cable ends of EXT4 500A are located in the engine compartment. These are the last ones I have not found yet. A photo would be great. Thanks.
The wiring goes in for the winch, no factory winch means no 500amp wiring.

Vote:
Upvote 0

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wiring for a 500amp circuit should be easy to find. Why would they install all that expensive copper wire for someone that did not order the winch? A switch just ensures the panel looks good.

Vote:
Upvote 0

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:47 AM
Reaction score
Wiring for a 500amp circuit should be easy to find. Why would they install all that expensive copper wire for someone that did not order the winch? A switch just ensures the panel looks good.
Makes sense, just making sure I understood the set up.

Vote:
Upvote 0

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't forget the power to the NATO socket at the rear :unsure: ;)
I thought the front winch and rear NATO were part of the same wiring package. So you either have them or you don't, depending on whether you selected the factory Red Winch.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't have the front or rear winch options but evidently I do have the NATO socket. The removable rear winch requires the NATO socket. I don't think it is part of the front winch package.

Attachments

• PXL_20230929_024951315.jpg
    PXL_20230929_024951315.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 107
Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
The wiring goes in for the winch, no factory winch means no 500amp wiring.
No, the vehicle has a pre-equipment. A winch can be retrofitted. The cable must be blind somewhere.
Before I call my dealer, who may not even have looked for it yet, I wanted to ask here first if anyone has already found these connections.
But I will now put the Grenadier on the lifting platform and look for it.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom