The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Autumn Test Drives Germany

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
The coffee mug ...

Seems to made be of tin? Better than the ceramic one in the Grenadier shop. That's the right thing for my workshop where I have all the heavy things moving around.

MUST HAVE ONE!
👍 made of tin

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
The drawer looks very good. What will it cost?

Edit: Ok, I found it, from £1000 up.
I think the Defender 110 version might be the nearest equivalent to look at for a steer on pricing ~ and also for the flat floor/platform question.

£1,440 Inc VAT.

£1,200 ex VAT maybe for those who can make use of our new Chancellor's tax free shopping for foreigners.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the Defender 110 version might be the nearest equivalent to look at for a steer on pricing ~ and also for the flat floor/platform question.

£1,440 Inc VAT.

£1,200 ex VAT maybe for those who can make use of our new Chancellor's tax free shopping for foreigners.

crikey thats a lot of dough. think my dogs would struggle with the extra height. Shall have to get them to frosby flop!!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes.

Also need to consider the height to the top of the door frame for my existing dog crate that sits on the top of my drawer system in my Defender double cab. It only fits because I can lift the tilt at the back and squeeze it in.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was thinking of swapping my transk9 cage fm my D4 to the IG as/when needed but so far would appear about 5cms too deep. Will spend money on a cage for the IG before thinking about draws. Which nice to have but i can work around not having them.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
5cm... so close but is that on top of drawers or from the floor?

For £1,440, I would think a high quality furniture maker would make a good go of it.

I might have to dig out my old invoice and see what I paid for mine 10 years ago...

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
5cm... so close but is that on top of drawers or from the floor?

For £1,440, I would think a high quality furniture maker would make a good go of it.

I might have to dig out my old invoice and see what I paid for mine 10 years ago...
thats fm the very base of the cage on boot floor. so if you lift it the depth reduces even more so with the incline of the 2nd seats. I will offer it up once take delivery. Might send TransK9 a mail in the meantime.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Interesting that this photo shows that the right side footrest has more or less been eliminated in this version 🤔

Attachments

• EB75A58A-06FF-4EC8-A8E9-248F15D6C069.jpeg
    EB75A58A-06FF-4EC8-A8E9-248F15D6C069.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 66

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that this photo shows that the right side footrest has more or less been eliminated in this version 🤔
Yes it appears so. I seem to recall a number of people who either cancelled their order or decided not to place one because of this issue.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What Issue???
There was a huge hump in the footwell on the right hand side which made it absolutely impossible for anyone over 5 foot tall to drive the vehicle. One guy in the US even had a problem with it on a Facebook group because his 5'3" wife wouldn't have been able to sit in the seat.
1663982213605.png

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like they have also eliminated the brake and accelerator pedal on the RHS as well.
These engineers at INEOS are amazing. :p

In all seriousness, this looks like they have spent a bit of time fixing it up - credit where credit is due.

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
LOL
To me it looks like they made the space on the right of the ’footrest‘ steeper and smaller.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I also noticed it directly. I think I can life with it.
I sat right hand and tried to imagine the pedals. Couldn’t think of a problem there.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I forgot something:
The camera is located under the spare wheel over the trailer coupling. Ideal for couple alone. The told me that it is NANO-coated and therefore will never be dirty. Silently I betted against NANO… 😉

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday (23rd of September 2022) they told me that they build the PTP3 models right now. Within four weeks the production of demonstration and customer cars should start. Delivery start three or four weeks after that.

(Just to bring in another story about the timeline…)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday the selection of the lockers didn’t work very well. (PTO2) after locking the central differential ( You have to be in N to do so) you can lock the rear differential by pressing the button three seconds and confirming the vote on the button or the touch screen afterwards. Same with the front differential after that.
The front diff didn’t engage and there were explanations like “turn the steering wheel left and right”. I had to do so quite hard but the diff didn’t engage at all. Of course it’s a prototype but it didn’t feel good.
In addition the rear differential didn’t disengaged (probably this is not the right word)
By taking out the middle differential you disengage all diffs but that didn’t work neither directly.
After some time everything settled. I only have the experience with my Torsen Diffs. Which work stunningly good in cooperation with the TC.
So this has to be rated by some of you experts!

Back
Top Bottom