The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auslieferungen Deutschland

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Gibt ja nur einen in Essen - Lueg!
For our English speakers: The name "Lueg" is an alternative spelling für "Lüg".

Together with the exclamation mark it is the imperative form of "lügen": Lie!

:unsure:

... no pun intended, of course.

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For our English speakers: The name "Lueg" is an alternative spelling für "Lüg".

Together with the exclamation mark it is the imperative form of "lügen": Lie!

:unsure:

... no pun intended, of course.
No - in this special case you are wrong. - The ue / oe im a word in the State of North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW) means the first vocal is prolonged in pronunciation.
There is in example the town Soest 45 km east of Dortmund .. correcty pronounced Zohst. And the Mercedes Benz / Ineos Agent in Essen "Lueg" should be pronounced Luhg.
The umlaut-diphthong (simply umlaut) in the German language is not applicable here .. this is a local specialty .

Although born in Hesse - I lived for some time in Paderborn.. I made the same mistake once I moved in to that area.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No - in this special case you are wrong. - The ue / oe im a word in the State of North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW) means the first vocal is prolonged in pronunciation.
There is in example the town Soest 45 km east of Dortmund .. correcty pronounced Zohst. And the Mercedes Benz / Ineos Agent in Essen "Lueg" should be pronounced Luhg.
The umlaut-diphthong (simply umlaut) in the German language is not applicable here .. this is a local specialty .

Although born in Hesse - I lived for some time in Paderborn.. I made the same mistake once I moved in to that area.
b0ebf8cb199d24496e9c5b7f65b0103d.jpg

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Auch in Essen sind jetzt die ersten Kundenfahrzeuge abgeladen worden.
Angeblich keine Blocker mehr seitens Ineos für Kundenübergabe, sondern nur noch das Montieren von Zubehör und Einspielen der Prozesse beim Händler.
Also auch keine Software-Updates mehr oder sonstige Schwierigkeiten.
Geht bald los!
Nicht für mich, aber irgendwen da draussen...
Woher hast du die Informationen das Lueg mit Grenadieren beliefert worden ist?

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Woher hast du die Informationen das Lueg mit Grenadieren beliefert worden ist?
Woher soll ich die Info schon haben: Von meinem Ansprechpartner bei Lueg.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea okay.. call me a smartass I don't care. - Reason for my statement: I react a bit if a company is inadvertently - by playing with words associated with a liar. That is a way rumours and bad reputation may occur - I do not want this for me nor for others.
Btw Lueg Essen as a company has a real good reputation.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea okay.. call me a smartass I don't care. - Reason for my statement: I react a bit if a company is inadvertently - by playing with words associated with a liar. That is a way rumours and bad reputation may occur - I do not want this for me nor for others.
Btw Lueg Essen as a company has a real good reputatio
I shouldn't call you a smartass. The joke just needs to be made.
As my wife is from Gochsheim (near Schweinfurt), spelled "Goxheim", in nearly every radio traffic report they spell "Gochsheim". It makes our toenails roll up🤯

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Since I was born near Aachen, I have not just worked in NRW, but I am a native NRW guy. So I am aware of this particularity. Soest, Moers, all these names have that. But I think 90% of Germans don't simply know that. They pronounce "Soest" like "Söst" or "Coesfeld" like "Cösfeld", which is terribly wrong. Even journalists fail most of the time.

But it is still correct that the imperative form of "lügen", namely "lüg!" or ""lüge!" can also be written in the form "lueg". And I did by the way not say with any word that the name "Lueg" is pronounced like with an 'ü'. But I must admit that I could have been a bit more precise in that it was about the word 'Lueg', not about the name.

Apart from that and since this was just my little pun on the message it referred to, nitpicking doesn't really help here ;) And I frankly find it a bit bold in the present context to imply that I'm trying to make a trader out to be a liar merely because of a play on words.

But I'm glad you're one of the very few who know about the correct 'Dehnungs-E'. You, like me, belong to a dying species. :)

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Just to clarify my silly pun: I in no way think or mean to say that Lueg is a liar. If anyone took it that way, I apologise profusely. It was probably a failed joke.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Manche konfigurationen versteh ich nicht.
schnorchel, K/O Reifen, aber keine Winde und 18 Zoll Alu?

Local time
Reaction score
Wir haben auch zum Trailmaster Alufelgen (17") dazu genommen. Stahlfelgen fangen früher oder später immer an zu rosten, das brauch ich nicht.

Back
Top Bottom