The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
I watched this video of his and thought ....not my idea of fun.
He drove out in the middle of nowhere by himself.
Camped under an almost dead tree, with a view of miles of dirt and got attacked by every insect for 1,000 miles around.
There are so many good locations in Australia, particularly in Western Australia where he is, that offer the same isolation but views of rivers, gorges, mountains, sea, wildlife & lakes.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
What a contrived, backpeddling, excuse riddled load of snot that was.

I’d hate for this bloke to be a spokesperson for Ineos, it’d make the rest of us look as bad by association.
Well said but fortunately, he is not buying one...we are the risk-takers that he doesn't want to be and he is in no way going to be the first to own a car from a brand-new car company... not the best embellishment you could give a company that sits pretty well in so many arenas on the world stage...he has shot himself in the foot and thank you, he's missed the boat also...happy motoring

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
His videos are getting more and more boring and the most recent canning stock route series bored me to tears so much I didn't finish it.

He starts out by saying that he never asked Ineos for one but then goes on to say he was disappointed they didn't give him one. I'm sure Ineos have been inundated with hundreds of 'influencers' all wanting one and he assumed he was special....bump bow!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
How much is the Rangey worth? It's F/S for almost $60Aud...GLWS
How much is his aeroplane worth?
He hasn't got 100k for a Grenadier, which he would then spend $$$ getting others to modify, because he is the guru.
I say, as he condescendingly said to his audience , "your job sucks" if he can't scrape up the cash like the rest of us poor souls .

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
Ineos as we all can guess are aware of him and his view of the footwell arrangement for example, which we all know is a none event. If he was the last person in the world he won't be given an IG.

Plus, I don't care what people like he does, it's what we as individuals do and I AM buying one.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well said but fortunately, he is not buying one...we are the risk-takers that he doesn't want to be and he is in no way going to be the first to own a car from a brand-new car company... not the best embellishment you could give a company that sits pretty well in so many arenas on the world stage...he has shot himself in the foot and thank you, he's missed the boat also...happy motoring
The mad thing is, he is the PERFECT person to take that risk. He's got a platform to show the world what goes right or wrong, and clearly enough money to own it along side his land cruiser (seeing as he's keeping it alongside this new project)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone guess what is this new vehicle "platform" he mentions (but does not name) that may take over from the Toyota Troopy if it is discontinued?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone guess what is this new vehicle "platform" he mentions (but does not name) that may take over from the Toyota Troopy if it is discontinued?
The only thing that could house his electrical obsession is this
Apologies if you never watched the Fockers movie

Attachments

• meet-the-fockers-motorhome.jpg
    meet-the-fockers-motorhome.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 18

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I read several of his personal responses earlier today to adverse online comment following his revised vid....
One in particular caught my attention...I'm paraphrasing but the gist of it was that he accused the person commenting of knowing nothing about how Youtube "works".
I thought this may be a hint as to ASPW's 'business model' wherein he occasionally 'confects' outrage and controversy to garner 'views' and thereby improve his YouTube royalty payments... going back a couple of years to his various vids, some of which I found informative, it became apparent that he was "offside" with at least two manufacturers...
Guess I'd sum it up with the comment "Well, that's interesting!" :unsure: :giggle:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I read several of his personal responses earlier today to adverse online comment following his revised vid....
One in particular caught my attention...I'm paraphrasing but the gist of it was that he accused the person commenting of knowing nothing about how Youtube "works".
I thought this may be a hint as to ASPW's 'business model' wherein he occasionally 'confects' outrage and controversy to garner 'views' and thereby improve his YouTube royalty payments... going back a couple of years to his various vids, some of which I found informative, it became apparent that he was "offside" with at least two manufacturers...
Guess I'd sum it up with the comment "Well, that's interesting!" :unsure: :giggle:
One things for sure when it comes to YouTube hits (and thus ad revenue), and that's negativity always gets more interest than positivity.

There's something about videos titled "our *insert vehicle* left us stranded!"

Or

"*vehicle* broken down in the middle of nowhere!"

These are always going to get more hits than an hour long install of a lithium battery system or 45 minutes of deciding what colour to pick.

With this in mind, ASPW has no reason to dismiss the Grenadier as 'risky' because he's one of the few people who would profit from it being unreliable! You can't even make the argument that he's worried about safety, as he's got enough emergency gadgets and gizmos, he would probably muster the entire Australian army to his rescue!

This all boils down to one thing, and that's an inflated sense of importance on his part.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One things for sure when it comes to YouTube hits (and thus ad revenue), and that's negativity always gets more interest than positivity.

There's something about videos titled "our *insert vehicle* left us stranded!"

Or

"*vehicle* broken down in the middle of nowhere!"

These are always going to get more hits than an hour long install of a lithium battery system or 45 minutes of deciding what colour to pick.

With this in mind, ASPW has no reason to dismiss the Grenadier as 'risky' because he's one of the few people who would profit from it being unreliable! You can't even make the argument that he's worried about safety, as he's got enough emergency gadgets and gizmos, he would probably muster the entire Australian army to his rescue!

This all boils down to one thing, and that's an inflated sense of importance on his part.
Your last sentence says sums him up completely in my view 👍🏼

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos as we all can guess are aware of him and his view of the footwell arrangement for example, which we all know is a none event. If he was the last person in the world he won't be given an IG.

Plus, I don't care what people like he does, it's what we as individuals do and I AM buying one.
Ineos can't supply paying customer orders fast enough
Why would they give away free vehicles????

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos can't supply paying customer orders fast enough
Why would they give away free vehicles????
Exactly, and especially to someone who made such a fuss about the footwell on a prototype. The part that I don't get, is why would you supply a vehicle FOC to anyone, when the vehicle is selling itself? A man who has an inflated view of his importance.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
He plans for another Troopy project. :rolleyes:

That's not for me: He has already chewed through the Toyotas backwards and forwards.

Back
Top Bottom