The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
I would unsubscribe from his channel but I enjoy watching his rants, the rest of his content recently has been…well boring as hell if I am honest.

The canning stock route series was garbage to the point I couldn’t even be bothered to finish it

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
I would unsubscribe from his channel but I enjoy watching his rants, the rest of his content recently has been…well boring as hell if I am honest.

The canning stock route series was garbage to the point I couldn’t even be bothered to finish it
Agreed. He's become a very "theory heavy" channel, lacking in substance and much actual wheeling. Can't remember the last time he used a winch in anger?

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS has taken a big risk in this day and age to build a new car brand from scratch. At the moment, they leave nothing to chance. ASPW's personality is unpredictable and therefore an incalculable risk. You could see in the first and second video that he sometimes lacks professionalism. Even the excuses and explanations don't help. But the guys from INEOS are professionals and for such deals the chemistry between the partners has to fit (and INEOS knows something about chemistry).

By the way, I already unsubscribed his channel.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Don’t want to turn it into a ASPW hate thread (he seems to have managed that himself), but as other have said when he basically said that people shouldn’t take it out on him because their life and/or job sucked and then also went on YouTube demanding that people gave him money, I lost all respect for him.

His wife seems lovely and she once told a story about their travels, it was so well orated I could have listened to her all day.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
His wife seems lovely and she once told a story about their travels, it was so well orated I could have listened to her all day.
Yes she improves the situation hugely. However she admits to hating the heat of WA and other discomforts that arrive with age. I'm sure she'd prefer a nice big rugged trailer/caravan , but he stubbornly refuses to tow.
He seems to be stubben' his toe all the time these days. "You make your bed - you lie in it" is a universal expression.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
Yes she improves the situation hugely. However she admits to hating the heat of WA and other discomforts that arrive with age. I'm sure she'd prefer a nice big rugged trailer/caravan , but he stubbornly refuses to tow.
He seems to be stubben' his toe all the time these days. "You make your bed - you lie in it" is a universal expression.
My wife would like a motorhome (camping car, or how do you call these unhandy huge caravans with a motor?), and she want to travel only to Italy ...
I refuse stubbornly ... (I love Italy, but also Spain, Morocco, Iceland, Norway, ...)
But she is the one who complains when I say: "darling, I don't trust his, my car can't!" (mainly deep mud, or deep water). She: "Why don't you try?". Me "You want to spend the night in the car?" ...
Argument closed ;-)

OK ... I am not an influencer, surely not for her :unsure:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We drove around Italy in a small motor home in 1992. There were many "moments" and a few incidents. It was something I vowed never to repeat. I imagine the traffic is far worse now.

Get a quality rooftop tent and see if she can be tempted...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We’ve had two rooftop tents including a very nice Bundutop electric operated tent. However we’ve now gone back to a ground tent with army surplus camp beds topped with 100mm self inflating mattresses. Getting up and down the ladder in the night for the loo gets tiresome especially in inclement weather. Also the shear weight of everything on the roof rack was getting excessive. Bundutop 80kg+, ostrichwing awning about 25kg, spare wheel and tyre, highlife Jack, 30L laundry drum. The Landy was rolling all over the place on rough roads. Going to keep all the weight down low with the Grenadier. 👍🏼

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We drove around Italy in a small motor home in 1992. There were many "moments" and a few incidents. It was something I vowed never to repeat. I imagine the traffic is far worse now.

Get a quality rooftop tent and see if she can be tempted...
Back in 2019 we picked up a Fiat 500 in Olbia, Sardinia.
Drove around for a few days and then caught the ferry over to Palermo, Sicily.
Drove around for a week and dropped it off in Messina
Caught the train/ferry to Tropea, Italy and picked up a Fiat Panda after a few days in Tropea.
Drove across to Polignano a Mare and stayed for a week doing day trips from there
Finally dropped it off in Anzio and caught the train into Rome.
We stayed in Airbnb's which usually have a washing machine so we pack only a few clothes and travel light
It is essential to have a small car in Italy

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst we are on the topic, I’m in the same position with my bride.
I’m very much still in the “roll the swag out at the end of the day” phase of travel, but my darling bride won’t have any of that and is firmly in the caravan mindset with regards to remote travel.
To use the words of old time Bentley and Rolls-Royce garages , when the cars "Fail to proceed" - " They all do that , Sir!"

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Drove around for a few days and then caught the ferry over to Palermo, Sicily.
Drove around for a week and dropped it off in Messina
Caught the train/ferry to Tropea, Italy and picked up a Fiat Panda after a few days in Tropea.
Drove across to Polignano a Mare and stayed for a week doing day trips from there
Finally dropped it off in Anzio and caught the train into Rome.
We stayed in Airbnb's which usually have a washing machine so we pack only a few clothes and travel light
It is essential to have a small car in Italy
What fun, great tips. Our version of that was picking up the Fiat 500 in Palermo and driving it the long way to Venice. My back never fully recovered from the month sat on a roller skate.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Let's continue to take the thread off the beaten track
We are in Sardinia for a week this year after knocking off the Julian Alps in Slovenia.
I noted they have a vintage 1964 Fiat 1100 2 hour tour around the Sardinian capital.
Identical year , model and colour to mine!
So we will try and book that experience.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What fun, great tips. Our version of that was picking up the Fiat 500 in Palermo and driving it the long way to Venice. My back never fully recovered from the month sat on a roller skate.
We did Venice to Lucca, Cinque Terra then down to Rome in 2017 by Train
Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi and Capri in 2018 by train and various day trips

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Let's continue to take the thread off the beaten track
We are in Sardinia for a week this year after knocking off the Julian Alps in Slovenia.
I noted they have a vintage 1964 Fiat 1100 2 hour tour around the Sardinian capital.
Identical year , model and colour to mine!
So we will try and book that experience.
I have to be in Basel for almost two weeks in June for work
My wife and a friend will go to Greek Islands and I will join them for a week after
I wouldn't mind using train or ferry rather than flying

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to be in Basel for almost two weeks in June for work
My wife and a friend will go to Greek Islands and I will join them for a week after
I wouldn't mind using train or ferry rather than flying
Then you will travel for 2 days not 2 hours Dave

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I lived in Luxembourg for 13 years & my sister-in-law lived in Florence - so we drove to and around Italy every year in an Audi Q7 & BMW X5.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Travel is about the journey, not the destination for me.
To be honest spending a week in the Greek Isles doesn't excite me
I'm with you there. It excites me slightly more than reheating food (cooked at home) on an induction cooker, surrounded by flies and swilling Coke .
Even if the sunset is OK.

Back
Top Bottom