The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Claire Birchenough-Dwyer's interview reported elsewhere is instructive in terms of Ineos brand building strategy ... she placed emphasis on the enthusiasm of early adopter customers. The enthusiasm of this forum seems to vindicate that approach.. I don't "do" Facebook so I can't comment on other channels. The point is the Ineos strategy as described doesn't seem to include "freebies" to generate sales interest...
That’s a shame I could do with a few free T shirts, mugs, Belstaff jackets and a scale model thrown in for free on completion of my order 🤣

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Claire Birchenough-Dwyer's interview reported elsewhere is instructive in terms of Ineos brand building strategy ... she placed emphasis on the enthusiasm of early adopter customers. The enthusiasm of this forum seems to vindicate that approach.. I don't "do" Facebook so I can't comment on other channels. The point is the Ineos strategy as described doesn't seem to include "freebies" to generate sales interest...
The approach has been slightly schizophrenic though.

As well as talking about early adoptors and showing video of Icelandic farmers, African wildlife vets, Australian cattle station managers; we've also seen F1 drivers, Olympic sailors, rugby players, elite long distance runners, all with links to Ineos but very tenuous links to the Grenadier.

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps he has given up
"
Highlighted reply
4xoverland
4xoverland
4 hours ago
Maybe. Ineos has no interest in supporting me with the prospect that I should have a Grenadier. I actually think they would prefer I didn't."
Maybe there is more context but that just looks passive aggressive and entitled
Sadly Ineos also has no interest in supporting me with the prospect that I should have a Grenadier, they actually want me to pay them before they give me a car, the nerve I tell you!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
If ASPW gets a free Grenadier, I will have a major hissy-fit!

If he just gets a loaner, I will feel aggrieved, as market forces and the laws around theft require me to pay for one.

With a voice good for mime and a face for radio, I will not be busy on social media, so I can see no alternative to spending more that 3x more than I have ever spent on a new vehicle. The last new car I bought was a VW Beetle Cabriolet in 2001 for my wife, that just scraped under £20k. The last new car I bought for myself was in 1989, a Vauxhall Nova GTE, which was around £15k, with most of the possible toys on it.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Well he keeps claiming and advertising his “independence from sponsors” so how could he in all good faith accept a Grenadier from Ineos?

Berthold Brecht once said "Erst kommt das Fressen, dann die Moral". - "Grub first, then ethics."

Though I don't like Brecht, he was right in this case.

Local time
Reaction score
And that enthusiasm, that early signing on, that early putting of your money down should (IMO) put you ahead of an agent or dealer that came after when it comes to receiving a newly produced vehicle.

There's a new agent in Melbourne getting a demo soon ? Great. Be better (IMO) if the customer who committed x years ago gets his sooner. And sooner than the press.

I'd take that over a free pint, given the choice.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The approach has been slightly schizophrenic though.

As well as talking about early adoptors and showing video of Icelandic farmers, African wildlife vets, Australian cattle station managers; we've also seen F1 drivers, Olympic sailors, rugby players, elite long distance runners, all with links to Ineos but very tenuous links to the Grenadier.
Claire speaks of brand building strategy...Ineos is the brand...and a tenuous link to the product [the Grenadier]is correct...silky smooth and subtle in some cases...happy motoring

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If for the last 25 years I had been as successful as one makes out with the 100,000 thousand sales and the TV programs and whatever else, I would have a stable of vehicles and would not be needing to sell a special vehicle like the Rangy unless I had to for my Grenadier...has he ordered one under a different name...mmm?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
Claire speaks of brand building strategy...Ineos is the brand...and a tenuous link to the product [the Grenadier]is correct...silky smooth and subtle in some cases...happy motoring
I told her during our meeting this week that we were extremely disappointed that for the Australian drive, on Fraser Island, they used a Kiwi driver, even worse he was an All Black!!!!
For some reason they think Australians and Kiwis like each other.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There's a new agent in Melbourne getting a demo soon ? Great. Be better (IMO) if the customer who committed x years ago gets his sooner. And sooner than the press.

I'd take that over a free pint, given the choice.
At least one of these recent photo stories of agents getting their first vehicle has shown this:
IMG_20221208_220630.jpg
So whether these are the PTO3s that are saleable quality but lack final certification or another version, it seems they are not for customers.

Local time
Reaction score
At least one of these recent photo stories of agents getting their first vehicle has shown this:
View attachment 7797523
So whether these are the PTO3s that are saleable quality but lack final certification or another version, it seems they are not for customers.
Yes. To be fair - and I would never be otherwise 😁 - I could see Ineos saying, okay we are ready for production (say ~Oct 19) now let's do a test run of a few hundred cars just to double test the production process in a for real scenario. No worries if there are tweaks found to be needed as those few hundred go to Agent etc as not for sale units.

Then, let 'er rip for the customers.

I guess what I'm really channeling is concern that, at this rate, Canadian customers (me) might be 2024 delivery. Not much I can do about it, but I don't have to be silent either 😄

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
O. M. G The 1st 30 seconds say it all.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That man is so full of self importance. I’m not a great lover of anyone who has too high a regard for themselves.
ASPW,s problem is himself. I couldn’t give a toss what he does or buys 👍🏼
He's getting worse i swear.

"i can't see any reason why they wont work with me.."

Maybe its your online tantrums :ROFLMAO:

Theres literally nothing stopping him buying one at RRP like TFLcar do, and doing a highly successful series of videos with it.

He wants INEOS to give him a discounted Grenadier, but also wants to be able to do and say what he wants with it.... what on earth would incentivise them to do that!? I'm not a lover of INEOS's marketing strategy as a whole, but I understand why they wouldn't give one to a grumpy old git whose mood swings have been worsening for some time now! His Ego is clearly bruised.

....and does Toyota give him discounted landcruisers? didnt think so

EDIT: If anyone wants a laugh, check out the comments section of this video. Varied responses, but his fanboys... sorrry... PATREONS are really not helping the EGO problem lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom