The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
Does the vehicle/brand need Ambassadors?

If you need to see a famous person associated/photographed with the Grenadier before you will click on a link, then you're not the person the vehicle is aimed at.

The car's the star.
The car has always been the star...maybe you have forgotten where you are...the Grenadier Forum...get with the fun...and you may enjoy it and life again...happy motoring

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And America has no clue what the ef “tall-poppy” is!

(edit-just Googled it. Never heard the term but in my limited knowledge of the thought, he’s off base.)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
I'm lost - who said what?

BTW: The Youtube video is still here:
Yes, not deleted to keep the links working. But try to "find" it on youtube by search: It isn't anymore listed.

Like a some others from him dealing with the same issue.

Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Dave,
From the outside, this looks like it would be a great overland rig. Do you know anything about them?
Yes, I have driven one 30 years ago.
They were made primarily for off highway use on mine sites.
Extremely capable but high maintenance
Noisy, smelly and very slow on road.
Built in Perth in Western Australia I think the company has gone broke and changed hands a few times.
Just recently started back up (2020???)
I think they were a bit of a clone of the Pinzgauer without the German engineering
They have a new model coming out which is why I thought it might fit with ASPW and they may be prepared to give him a freebie
1673213354475.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Dave,
From the outside, this looks like it would be a great overland rig. Do you know anything about them?
Not Dave but watch this video.
If you like expensive large heavy slow trucks to mostly use off the bitumen they could appeal.
ASWP likes overweight Troopys but I think he said "no Oka"

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most Tall poppies are real and successful people/companies...they are not bothered by the people who suffer from the syndrome...as does ASPW... in his case, the tall poppy is the Ineos Grenadier group...he would love and is trying to pull it down...happy motoring Grenadiers

Local time
Reaction score
Built in Perth in Western Australia I think the company has gone broke and changed hands a few times.
I think they were a bit of a clone of the Pinzgauer without the German engineering
They have a new model coming out which is why I thought it might fit with ASPW and they may be prepared to give him a freebie
View attachment 7799866
Thanks! We've been playing with the idea of getting something like this, but this one doesn't seem like the best fit!

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
„The Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer is an Austrian military vehicle. It was developed as the successor to the Steyr-Puch Haflinger and is a wagon for the toughest terrain, which is available in versions with two or three switchable/driven (lockable) axles. With the all-wheel drive implemented in this way, the vehicle has a 4×4 or 6×6 drive configuration, depending on the version with 4 or 6 wheels.

Like the Haflinger, the Pinzgauer was developed in Graz under the main leadership of Erich Ledwinka, the son of Hans Ledwinka, who worked for the Tatra and Steyr factories.“

Not german, but austrian like the Grenadier. 🙂

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
„The Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer is an Austrian military vehicle. It was developed as the successor to the Steyr-Puch Haflinger and is a wagon for the toughest terrain, which is available in versions with two or three switchable/driven (lockable) axles. With the all-wheel drive implemented in this way, the vehicle has a 4×4 or 6×6 drive configuration, depending on the version with 4 or 6 wheels.

Like the Haflinger, the Pinzgauer was developed in Graz under the main leadership of Erich Ledwinka, the son of Hans Ledwinka, who worked for the Tatra and Steyr factories.“

Not german, but austrian like the Grenadier. 🙂
My apologies I knew it was Austrian and connected to Steyr so don't know why I wrote Germany.
Really though Austrian and German are virtually the same thing

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's had a chequered recent history ~ in 2000 the rights were sold to Automotive Technik Ltd (ATL) in the UK.[2] ATL was acquired by Stewart & Stevenson Services, Inc. in 2005. In May 2006, Stewart & Stevenson became a subsidiary of the aerospace and defence group Armor Holdings, Inc. In 2007 Armor Holdings was acquired by BAE Systems plc, who discontinued UK production of the Pinzgauer.

ASPW has ruled out the OKA saying it's too big for his purposes.

Back
Top Bottom