The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Dickhead shoes.
I wear manly barefoot shoes.
If you lived where I lived , and go indoors outdoors all the time around a large garden with gravel paths, and her indoors doesn't like mud and grit , you'd wear them too.
And barefoot is great if you don't have a lethal jack jumper allergy. Which I don't , but it's not uncommon in Tas.
Thongs OTOH are a fashion/functional disaster IMO.
But YMMV!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you lived where I lived , and go indoors outdoors all the time around a large garden with gravel paths, and her indoors doesn't like mud and grit , you'd wear them too.
And barefoot is great if you don't have a lethal jack jumper allergy. Which I don't , but it's not uncommon in Tas.
Thongs OTOH are a fashion/functional disaster IMO.
But YMMV!
I lived there for 5 years (Exeter, Devonport & Launceston) and had never heard of crocs, sketchers or Xero shoes at the time.
Blundstone boots and wellies

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I lived there for 5 years (Exeter, Devonport & Launceston) and had never heard of crocs, sketchers or Xero shoes at the time.
Blundstone boots and wellies
Crocs are pretty new. I gave up on Blunnies (the townie's fashion choice).
Hopeless ankle support on my rough terrain at home. I wear zip sided tradie boots , the $59 Bunnings ones, as good as the $250 brand name ones.
I've even trail run in them.
Unlike ASPW I don't have to have the most expensive of everything. I am inherently functional and not dependent upon hitech aids ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Crocs are pretty new. I gave up on Blunnies (the townie's fashion choice).
Hopeless ankle support on my rough terrain at home. I wear zip sided tradie boots , the $59 Bunnings ones, as good as the $250 brand name ones.
I've even trail run in them.
Unlike ASPW I don't have to have the most expensive of everything. I am inherently functional and not dependent upon hitech aids ;)
Agree on the Blundstones

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Agree on the Blundstones
The above too rich for my wallet.
My $79 on sale Anaconda walking boots are lasting fabulously well in the hardcore local terrain!
I never spend >$100 on running shoes, yet I run competitively.
Rod Laver won a few grand slams in Dunlop Volleys!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
and Zola Budd wore none at all
Neither do the Africans when training on dirt...but track rules say you must wear shoes when racing.
I run barefoot where possible. Never ever Vibram 5 fingers shoes 😵‍💫

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If this ASPW guy has announced he doesn't want to buy a Grenadier, why does he keep questioning the vehicle?

I have to say, if Ineos caved into him and loaned him a vehicle, I would be very unimpressed.
He desperately wants one, but claims he can't buy one like the rest of us. I'm assuming he is waiting for the LWB version because that is the only way he could fit his electronics warehouse.
For now he's using the butt hurt line to gain more views (=$) and sympathy cards from his fanboys.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The above too rich for my wallet.
My $79 on sale Anaconda walking boots are lasting fabulously well in the hardcore local terrain!
I never spend >$100 on running shoes, yet I run competitively.
Rod Laver won a few grand slams in Dunlop Volleys!
Yes but these are Vegan friendly

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
You just can't make this whole scenario up. We've kidded about this, but in all reality he is really embarrassing himself in continuing to poke the bear. It's a temper tantrum not unlike a child who doesn't get his/her way.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
You just can't make this whole scenario up. We've kidded about this, but in all reality he is really embarrassing himself in continuing to poke the bear. It's a temper tantrum not unlike a child who doesn't get his/her way.
The idea that a manufacturing and engineering giant like Magna wouldn't test a vehicle with a load in it, is frankly laughable 😂

It's like me saying I've never seen Boeing publish a video testing their new plane in freezing conditions, they must have forgotten....

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
ASPW is just trying to demonstrate his superior knowledge to anyone who will listen, and by doing so hoping that IA will change their mind.

As already mentioned i don’t think the companies involved have forgotten to consider load testing vehicles or axles as it is quite a big part of developing them.

ASPW just wants them to ignore him so that he can declare he has “caught them out” and create more click bait.

New YouTube content entitled “ is the Ineos Grenadier unstable with a loaded roof rack”

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ASPW is just trying to demonstrate his superior knowledge to anyone who will listen, and by doing so hoping that IA will change their mind.

As already mentioned i don’t think the companies involved have forgotten to consider load testing vehicles or axles as it is quite a big part of developing them.

ASPW just wants them to ignore him so that he can declare he has “caught them out” and create more click bait.

New YouTube content entitled “ is the Ineos Grenadier unstable with a loaded roof rack”
Does it have him strapped to the roof rack with Gwen driving a slalom course?

Back
Top Bottom