The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Ask the dealer - Mossy Grenadier Texas

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Thanks! I was told/read the hitch was difficult as it includes wiring, receiver, springs and control module. I figure for the 800 it’s cheap and would prefer integrated if that makes sense.
Right, the whole system includes many more components. Unfortunately, the tow package is unable to be retrofitted. To be clear, this was only for the bolt-in tow hitch piece (vertical tow interface) not the rest of the system...

Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
Right, the whole system includes many more components. Unfortunately, the tow package is unable to be retrofitted. To be clear, this was only for the bolt-in tow hitch piece (vertical tow interface) not the rest of the system...
Understood. I’d prefer the factory unit

Local time
Reaction score
ok, good that it has been posted for months. I’ve been focused on the hitch, residual value, and other non-sense. Haven’t looked at the mpg since the speculation with Greg a few years back.

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
ok, good that it has been posted for months. I’ve been focused on the hitch, residual value, and other non-sense. Haven’t looked at the mpg since the speculation with Greg a few years back.
BMW under the hood also, in case you missed that. I'm surprised Gavin will even let you have one! What did Greg speculate the MPG to be a few years ago BTW?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BMW under the hood also, in case you missed that. I'm surprised Gavin will even let you have one! What did Greg speculate the MPG to be a few years ago BTW?
Can't answer for Roach, but when I told Greg I got 12 in my Toyota he told me to not expect much more.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
Based on our conversation with Greg and the anecdotal evidence of our international petrol-engine brethren, I speculate it will be 18 highway at low to moderate elevations. I'm not sure what speed the EPA uses for its highway testing, but 18 mpg at 55 mph is very realistic IMO - but who the hell only drives 55. Certainly not Sammy Hagar! (insert plug for EPISODE 6!)

So at 75-80 mph here in NJ and maybe upwards of 80 elsewhere, that figure might be a bit out of reach.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
Thanks! I was told/read the hitch was difficult as it includes wiring, receiver, springs and control module. I figure for the 800 it’s cheap and would prefer integrated if that makes sense.
Springs? Why would they change the springs. I wouldn’t want that since 99% of the time I wouldn’t be towing. The rest, if it’s like my LR Discovery, I can live without and will just have the wiring integrated to the rail lights.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton, can you please share with the group the velocity of vehicles trucked to Mossy from Brunswick? Like how many have you received, and how many are are you receiving daily (hopefully daily versus weekly is the benchmark 😊). Have you received any with the hitch option?
Thanks,
Keith

Local time
Reaction score
Springs? Why would they change the springs. I wouldn’t want that since 99% of the time I wouldn’t be towing. The rest, if it’s like my LR Discovery, I can live without and will just have the wiring integrated to the rail lights.
100% Agree If your point was the spring change could result in a rougher ride.

Ours would be towing more but I figure if some engineer thought it was needed…
Current vehicles we have that tow offer features like; changes the proximity alert, trailer feedback, levels the vehicle, trans cooler…some might be a US mandated so I’m eager to hear some feedback from those who have the tow package.

BTW, I haven’t seen anything definitive about what the trailer package includes and last I looked the configurator was pretty thin on info.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Ashton, can you please share with the group the velocity of vehicles trucked to Mossy from Brunswick? Like how many have you received, and how many are are you receiving daily (hopefully daily versus weekly is the benchmark 😊). Have you received any with the hitch option?
Thanks,
Keith
This week brought us 20 Grenadiers, with 4 additional vehicles expected today. Arrival times can be unpredictable, often with little notice. We may receive one transport or three on any given day. Despite this, our team is efficiently processing each one. We're targeting 6-8 deliveries daily, depending on customer schedules. None with tow package yet.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
This week brought us 20 Grenadiers, with 4 additional vehicles expected today. Arrival times can be unpredictable, often with little notice. We may receive one transport or three on any given day. Despite this, our team is efficiently processing each one. We're targeting 6-8 deliveries daily, depending on customer schedules. None with tow package yet.
Thanks. Us with the tow package would appreciate it if you post when you receive the first units with the tow option.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The inclusion of the winch adds weight to the front, altering the handling characteristics. Ineos took this into account and equipped those with the winch with a heaver set of springs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom