The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Are you not getting the front or rear diff and why?

Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
Diff lockers arent just for greater capability. When used properly, diff lockers lessen the stresses on the drive train, and also aid in treading lightly.

Local time
Reaction score
But, if you find yourself stuck in mud (as I have been in clay in our D3) can you even get the lockers to then engage once you are stuck?
I don't know why you couldn't. But, you should have already engaged them.

Local time
Reaction score
Learn to look at your lockers and winch, not as rescue tools, but a prevention tools.

If you have lockers, you should have them engaged PRIOR to entering questionable terrain.

If stuck, getting unstuck isn't a challenge to avoid the winch. Use the winch at the first reasonable moment for a controlled extraction that prevents damage to both the truck and the environment. They are tools to tread lightly, and leave no trace.

The skill level is merely having the experience to recognize whats ahead, and you get that with wheel time.

Any grenadier that isn't a commercial truck, or a known grocery getter, (i.e. offroader) should have the lockers. I actually think they offered up the three categories correctly.

Boise

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
I agree with everyone saying they are a must from an offroad stand point. I would also say they are a must from a resale value stand point. Just look at the Land Cruiser 80 series, the last LC to be available (in the states) with lockers front and rear. Comparing vehicles with and without lockers can dramatically change the price.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I only have the center diff. It is still very stiff to operate the lever. Am I trying hard enough or suffering from operator error?
Is the transfer gear change gate an H shape?
In neutral, lift collar and the stick will move left but not down.
Having moved left, going up into H is straight forward but down into L is very hit and miss. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I only have the center diff. It is still very stiff to operate the lever. Am I trying hard enough or suffering from operator error?
Is the transfer gear change gate an H shape?
In neutral, lift collar and the stick will move left but not down.
Having moved left, going up into H is straight forward but down into L is very hit and miss. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
The range of motion is a square, not an H per se... Your agent should have thoroughly gone over and demonstrated everything to you. Honestly, the first few dozen shifts between high/low and lock/unlock will take some effort. Just make sure that whatever position it is in, the collar is fully down and seated. High to low will take more force than lock to unlock (or unlock to lock). If it doesn't want to go between high/low, let the vehicle roll a meter or so while in neutral and try again.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The range of motion is a square, not an H per se... Your agent should have thoroughly gone over and demonstrated everything to you. Honestly, the first few dozen shifts between high/low and lock/unlock will take some effort. Just make sure that whatever position it is in, the collar is fully down and seated. High to low will take more force than lock to unlock (or unlock to lock). If it doesn't want to go between high/low, let the vehicle roll a meter or so while in neutral and try again.
Thank you 🙃🏴‍☠️

Back
Top Bottom