The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone thinking about modifications?

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
Hello!

What's everyone thinking about modifications or are you going to keep it stock?

I'm thinking wheels, exhaust 😉, and a lightbar (I'm waiting for aftermarket ones that don't require an entire roof rack too).

Nothing too controversial, just making it mine 😁

What about you?

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Lots on the list, but I'm gonna make sure it stays classy. This will probably be my first upgrade:

81BvmQPUNJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Hello!

What's everyone thinking about modifications or are you going to keep it stock?

I'm thinking wheels, exhaust 😉, and a lightbar (I'm waiting for aftermarket ones that don't require an entire roof rack too).

Nothing too controversial, just making it mine 😁

What about you?
To make it yours, you could always just write your name in large letters on the mudguard/fender with a marker pen...much cheaper :D

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
I’m thinking light bar or other spotties, but first really see what the actual lights are like on the road. Also a utility lamp at the rear. Seriously thinking about the compressor after the really helpful thread on the topic. Also will investigate the drawer fridge options As part of a drawer system to get to a flat floor like my current D4.

but first, the car…. 😊

Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
285 or 295/70r17 tyres as I do a fair bit of sand driving , aux fuel tank if possible, will try to work out a way of mounting a waterproof compressor under the vehicle with a raised air intake and protected and no affect on ground clearance, an inverter mounted on the cargo barrier to run a coffee machine and charge tool batteries, and a uhf radio, and a small light bar on the factory roo bar.

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
To make it yours, you could always just write your name in large letters on the mudguard/fender with a marker pen...much cheaper :D
Very true 😂 I might get arrested for vandalism though

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I will purchase some working lights which I can attach flexible when needed. I don’t want to drive with the lights for noise reasons
I wonder if there are any options for battery ones that either mount to the hand rails on the roof at the sides, or in the rail around the car.

They would be useful for camping

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
The video explains the "Planet Earth" 2400 lumen LED lighting panel kit which I bought from Aldi (AUD$50 Special Buy) a few months ago for half the price listed on local e-Bay and camping stores. No doubt they are occasionally sold also in the UK and Germany...
(Actually, I bought two of them ..they will clamp nicely to the grab rails or even on the extension pole which I will clamp to the ladder on the rear door.
I have also used them indoors during blackouts caused by severe summer storms ...they are excellent.
I'm also thinking about using 37mm slotted angle (formerly a Dexion product) for a light weight roof rack or perhaps a frame in the cargo area. Given all the holes however it might be a tad noisy at speed... https://absoe.com.au/product/slotted-angle

Other than that I plan to do as little as possible by way of modification other than drive the tyres off it exploring greater Queensland (to start with!) during daylight hours...:D

I've spent a lot of time examining the static models on the drive days and at the local showroom and I am most impressed with several elements:
- the apparent "robust" nature of the build;
- the systems integration that has produced such a vehicle;
- the enormous 'test and calibration' effort of engine /transmission mapping and suspension tuning, including getting the seating 'in sync' with the suspension.
cheers!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Being part British, I will require a suitable modification for storage and rapid deployment of a pair of umbrellas. 🤔
Actually I used to get freebie umbrellas, from the dealer, [and a safari bear on one occasion] with my new Discoveries. A free Belstaff jacket (well not free included in the price) with my Fieldmaster is one up man ship.
Anybody want some free umbrellas, I'm keeping the bear. Could keep it in my new Belstaff pocket 🐻

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you got the square Landrover umbrella?

Now you've got me thinking... where did I leave that bear?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you got the square Landrover umbrella?

Now you've got me thinking... where did I leave that bear?
Circular with the landrover oval logo and the dealers name. I want at least an Ineos mug from my new dealer (oops sorry, agent).

oliverwood

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d like a Belstaff jacket, in my dreams. As my Grenadier has the same spec as a Trialmaster only it’s a two seater commercial. 😂
Same here, a two-seater commercial with everything added on. Waiting for more after-market stuff to attach to it, mainly in the back, that isn't overpriced Chinese rubbish.

Bison Gear do a few nice add ons;

Back
Top Bottom