The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone actually received their picnic table yet??

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
They're behind the picnic table - longer ones along the bottom / shorter ones along the top. The shoulder/step on one end of the spacer should sit in the holes marked on the photo (view of removed table as seen from the rear). Quick cutaway sketch showing fitting of 'O' rings as well - no charge!View attachment 7833287View attachment 7833285
Done it.👍
works!👍
thanks!🙏

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
They're behind the picnic table - longer ones along the bottom / shorter ones along the top. The shoulder/step on one end of the spacer should sit in the holes marked on the photo (view of removed table as seen from the rear). Quick cutaway sketch showing fitting of 'O' rings as well - no charge!View attachment 7833287
2 of my spacers wouldn't fit in the holes of the picnic table (too large) so I spun them on the lathe and took a little off until they fit snugly. The table was also damaged in transit so am waiting on a warranty replacement.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
I ordered mine after taking delivery and it arrived a month after. So ordered in September - fitted in October.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered mine after taking delivery and it arrived a month after. So ordered in September - fitted in October.
Great 😂
I ordered my with the vehicle which was delivered in May. Anyhow I am still waiting for the table.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Great 😂
I ordered my with the vehicle which was delivered in May. Anyhow I am still waiting for the table.
Perhaps there are a dual supply chain routes.... ?
I ordered the roof bars as accessories "after the fact" and they arrived (air freight) a couple of weeks later from the Belgium warehouse at about the same price as (or a few $ less than) the brochure price (probably because they didn't include state govt. stamp duty). I get the impression from this forum that had I ordered them as options, I might be still waiting!
Perhaps I should inquire if the table is available similarly :unsure:

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps there are a dual supply chain routes.... ?
I ordered the roof bars as accessories "after the fact" and they arrived (air freight) a couple of weeks later from the Belgium warehouse at about the same price as (or a few $ less than) the brochure price (probably because they didn't include state govt. stamp duty). I get the impression from this forum that had I ordered them as options, I might be still waiting!
Perhaps I should inquire if the table is available similarly :unsure:
My rear table was on the vehicle when collected in mid August.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got my table its also rattling on bumps 🙃
Maybe modify the mounting spacers through which the bolts go. On mine, the bit that went through the hole in the table was slightly too long and this prevented proper tightening of the table. once I shortened these a bit I was able to fully secure the table and the rattling went. Good luck

Reactions: Max

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Like people have said add spacers or washers behind the rubber stopper. Also add rubber or felt tape on the extending arm joints because they rattle against the sides on big road bumps.

Local time
Reaction score
They're behind the picnic table - longer ones along the bottom / shorter ones along the top. The shoulder/step on one end of the spacer should sit in the holes marked on the photo (view of removed table as seen from the rear). Quick cutaway sketch showing fitting of 'O' rings as well - no charge!View attachment 7833287View attachment 7833285
Sorry to ask but don’t the spacers go the other way around?

Attachments

• IMG_2088.png
    IMG_2088.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 46

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to ask but don’t the spacers go the other way around?
These spacers in this diagram is to space out the table touching the rear tail gate. This is not the fix for rattling camping table over bumps.

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Just had my picnic table fitted by the dealer.
They said they were told by ineos to put the longer spacers on the top, despite the instructions saying otherwise. It fits well, and flush against the door, doesn’t rattle, and is perfectly flat when the table is down.
IMG_2101.jpeg(Middle picture is a screen saver from iPhone on the table)

Attachments

• IMG_2100.png
    IMG_2100.png
    147 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2103.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 14

Sean

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any other dealer agree?

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dudes... I gonna just remove mine. Examining it by hand with some proper force and there is no movement at all... Driving over some cobblestone and this thing goes mental.

And unfortunately all suggestion in here seems just random trial and errors which work for some and others have no success. There isn't even a manual for it I guess and it's just fitted how the dealer feels like it?

Best

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I installed my table when I received the Grenadier. I then removed and replaced it when I installed the wiring for the Wolfbox rear camera. The table has never made a sound. 🤷‍♂️

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dudes... I gonna just remove mine. Examining it by hand with some proper force and there is no movement at all... Driving over some cobblestone and this thing goes mental.

And unfortunately all suggestion in here seems just random trial and errors which work for some and others have no success. There isn't even a manual for it I guess and it's just fitted how the dealer feels like it?

Best
The fitting instructions are on the Ineos website as a downloadable  pdf file...choose the GB option for country.
Also, read @Sean post#56 above.. there's a 'trick of the trade" change to the official fitting instructions which may solve your issue.

Back
Top Bottom