The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone actually received their picnic table yet??

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks

Has anyone actually received their picnic table yet

Been waiting for mine for nigh on 4 months now..... :unsure: :(

Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
I saw a video on YouTube last night and the guy said he finally got it.
Not sure if it was Ineos or aftermarket but it looked pretty slick.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks

Has anyone actually received their picnic table yet

Been waiting for mine for nigh on 4 months now..... :unsure: :(
Nope, but I ordered it as an accessory 11th May. Ordered some rubber floor mats same time and no sign of those either.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still waiting for both rear table and mats - took delivery four months ago

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
No, I am waiting for it since the delivery end of May🙁

Last edited:

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine came fitted to the car when I picked it up last Friday (y)
(No roof rack though!)

Barttraeger

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
No not yet. It’s with the side bars somewhere. The Black Sheep table looks good btw. Are two tables too much I ask myself? 🤔

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
picnicked my car up today and it's there.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
For those looking for an after market rear mounted table for the tail gate, Front Runner makes a very nice one that also has a pull out bread board which doubles your working space. They originally made these for the Jeeps and when I first purchased my 2020 Defender I drove out to offices/warehouse and purchased one and showed them how I was easily going to adapt it by drilling matching holes to fit the Defender existing screws. They have since added these holes and now you can buy one that fits a new Defender. I am sure they will add additional holes to match the new Grenadier as I am going to make the same trip again when I get my Grenadier and let them pattern it.
When I fit mine to my defender, I simply bought an extra clear piece of acrylic and put it up agains the rear door and carefully marked with a permanent marker where all the existing screws where on the New Defender. I then put the acrylic up to the Front Runner Table and choose the best place to drill holes on the backing plate. I then simply removed the screws at the rear door of the New Defender and used those to attach the new Front Runner Table. Note: I also purchased some large rubber fender washers and put them between the backing plate of the Front Runner Table and the back of the rear door for two reasons. One was to equally shim out the backing plate on the Front Runner Table so it would set vertically on the rear door and the other reason was to stop any possible vibration.
Note: If installed on a Grenadier, you would loose access to the first aid kit at the rear door, however you can easily relocate that to the boot.
Here's a link to the Front Runner Drop Down Tail-Gate Table to view it.
DaBull

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
Had my folding table delivered today by the excellent Nationwide Windscreens fitter, along with my new windscreen.
Had to figure out fitting the table, as my QR reader just puts me on the Ineos website.
Hi @Gaston the Grenadier
did the table arrive with additional screws or does the frame match the existing screws surrounding the opening which houses the First Aid/jack handle kit?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Came with new screws and spacers . Some screws get removed from the Gren and get replaced . You can save the old screws and return the car back to stock if needed .

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ditto the above.

There’s two sizes of spacers and replacement screws (3 of each plus washer for each).
I couldn’t open any instructions on Ineos site, so tossed a coin and decided upon the shorter spacers/screws going on top, with the longer spacers at the bottom.
Looks fine to me!
Already used it for cooker and kettle. Cooker feet dropped through the slots on the table, so judicious placement of cooking equipment recommended.

Main use will be to clamp a reloading station on for on range ammunition production whilst away from home.

Skiprat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
Ditto the above.

There’s two sizes of spacers and replacement screws (3 of each plus washer for each).
I couldn’t open any instructions on Ineos site, so tossed a coin and decided upon the shorter spacers/screws going on top, with the longer spacers at the bottom.
Looks fine to me!
Already used it for cooker and kettle. Cooker feet dropped through the slots on the table, so judicious placement of cooking equipment recommended.

Main use will be to clamp a reloading station on for on range ammunition production whilst away from home.
Just refitted my table following the removal and replacement of the rear door panels while fitting a rear dashcam. Have to say that the dealer made a bit of a pig’s ear of fitting it in the first place- only used half of the spacers and didn’t tighten up the dome headed hex screws properly.
Anyway, upon fitting it PROPERLY I noticed that the table still had a tendency to rattle. It seems that the shoulder on the spacers is a little too deep, such that the dome headed screws when fully tightened do not actually pull the table frame tightly to the tailgate (the depth of the shoulder should be the same thickness as the steel of the table frame).
I cured this rattle by slipping a tightly fitting O-ring over the shoulders of the spacers before refitting them. (Alternatively- you could sand the top of the spacers down until the shoulder is the same thickness as the steel frame)IMG_0223.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom