The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone actually received their picnic table yet??

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Just refitted my table following the removal and replacement of the rear door panels while fitting a rear dashcam. Have to say that the dealer made a bit of a pig’s ear of fitting it in the first place- only used half of the spacers and didn’t tighten up the dome headed hex screws properly.
Anyway, upon fitting it PROPERLY I noticed that the table still had a tendency to rattle. It seems that the shoulder on the spacers is a little too deep, such that the dome headed screws when fully tightened do not actually pull the table frame tightly to the tailgate (the depth of the shoulder should be the same thickness as the steel of the table frame).
I cured this rattle by slipping a tightly fitting O-ring over the shoulders of the spacers before refitting them. (Alternatively- you could sand the top of the spacers down until the shoulder is the same thickness as the steel frame)View attachment 7831702
cheers for that received the table last week, 6 months after receiving the Grenadier so will have a look and see what's what - strangely enough I have a box of suitable O rings !! how's that for forward planning - or shear luck!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone in Australia have their tables yet? I'm told they are coming and not yet in the country. Looking forward to getting ours.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone in Australia have their tables yet? I'm told they are coming and not yet in the country. Looking forward to getting ours.
I was advised by the service manager at the Bris Dealership that the supply is haphazard. Occasionally one will arrive with a particular vehicle but none for back orders for those who optioned it originally....

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
Just refitted my table following the removal and replacement of the rear door panels while fitting a rear dashcam. Have to say that the dealer made a bit of a pig’s ear of fitting it in the first place- only used half of the spacers and didn’t tighten up the dome headed hex screws properly.
Anyway, upon fitting it PROPERLY I noticed that the table still had a tendency to rattle. It seems that the shoulder on the spacers is a little too deep, such that the dome headed screws when fully tightened do not actually pull the table frame tightly to the tailgate (the depth of the shoulder should be the same thickness as the steel of the table frame).
I cured this rattle by slipping a tightly fitting O-ring over the shoulders of the spacers before refitting them. (Alternatively- you could sand the top of the spacers down until the shoulder is the same thickness as the steel frame)View attachment 7831702
My table rattles too.
Can you show me where the spacers are?

Skiprat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
My table rattles too.
Can you show me where the spacers are?
They're behind the picnic table - longer ones along the bottom / shorter ones along the top. The shoulder/step on one end of the spacer should sit in the holes marked on the photo (view of removed table as seen from the rear). Quick cutaway sketch showing fitting of 'O' rings as well - no charge!Tailgate picnic table sketch.png02FFA8DC-AD14-4C5B-9759-8EB70C8B5B86.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
They're behind the picnic table - longer ones along the bottom / shorter ones along the top. The shoulder/step on one end of the spacer should sit in the holes marked on the photo (view of removed table as seen from the rear). Quick cutaway sketch showing fitting of 'O' rings as well - no charge!View attachment 7833287View attachment 7833285
Hi Skiprat, Great name. My nickname is Skip. Do you have the overall dimensions of the picnic table. Width x Height x Thickness closed

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They're behind the picnic table - longer ones along the bottom / shorter ones along the top. The shoulder/step on one end of the spacer should sit in the holes marked on the photo (view of removed table as seen from the rear). Quick cutaway sketch showing fitting of 'O' rings as well - no charge!View attachment 7833287View attachment 7833285
Good idea...I have the same result by filing the shoulder/step down a little which also stops the spacer sitting on the washer and pulls the table in tight...happy motoring (y)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Skiprat, Great name. My nickname is Skip. Do you have the overall dimensions of the picnic table. Width x Height x Thickness closed
Width is 685mm[2ft 3 and 1/8ins] Height is 388mm[1ft 3 and 5/8ins]and has a thin lip at the bottom end 17mm[5/8in]where it is fixed to the door. Thickness is 50mm[2ins](y)

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
For those looking for an after market rear mounted table for the tail gate, Front Runner makes a very nice one that also has a pull out bread board which doubles your working space. They originally made these for the Jeeps and when I first purchased my 2020 Defender I drove out to offices/warehouse and purchased one and showed them how I was easily going to adapt it by drilling matching holes to fit the Defender existing screws. They have since added these holes and now you can buy one that fits a new Defender. I am sure they will add additional holes to match the new Grenadier as I am going to make the same trip again when I get my Grenadier and let them pattern it.
When I fit mine to my defender, I simply bought an extra clear piece of acrylic and put it up agains the rear door and carefully marked with a permanent marker where all the existing screws where on the New Defender. I then put the acrylic up to the Front Runner Table and choose the best place to drill holes on the backing plate. I then simply removed the screws at the rear door of the New Defender and used those to attach the new Front Runner Table. Note: I also purchased some large rubber fender washers and put them between the backing plate of the Front Runner Table and the back of the rear door for two reasons. One was to equally shim out the backing plate on the Front Runner Table so it would set vertically on the rear door and the other reason was to stop any possible vibration.
Note: If installed on a Grenadier, you would loose access to the first aid kit at the rear door, however you can easily relocate that to the boot.
Here's a link to the Front Runner Drop Down Tail-Gate Table to view it.
DaBull
That’s a good looking table👍

Back
Top Bottom