The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Any Regrets?

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
For everyone who has taken delivery, are there any options or accessories you wish you had included? Or any you think weren't worth being included?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
None. I built a custom Station Wagon (as opposed to a Trialmaster or Fieldmaster). Surprisingly, there were things I didn't want - like safari windows, raised air intake, BFG tires - but I still wanted differential locks and all the electrical upgrades. The only change I made to my order was based on first-hand experiences posted on this forum - cancelling of the Ineos seat covers.

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
For everyone who has taken delivery, are there any options or accessories you wish you had included? Or any you think weren't worth being included?
Danie, good question. Personal taste but it would be interesting to have, in one spot, the “the must have”, the maybes, the never. I’m with @Tom109 , custom from scratch.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Ive sort taken delivery :unsure: but giving the experience I've had with the vehicle to date I offer the following:

1. I've decided against factory roof bars and roof rack as the aftermarket mounting solutions are looking better.
  2. The lockable storage in the spare wheel is handy
  3. I don't have the safari roof - very happy with decision here in perth.
  4. Rock slider are useful to protect sills - factory slider require modification to be useful as step as well or go aftermarket
  5. The scrub bars are good to provide that extra protection against damage
  6. the heavy duty flooring is good and has the drains which could come in handy

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I built my SW from the ground up. Ticked most boxes.

Very happy I chose the diffs and winch rather than waiting for the after market. Maybe in years to come will be better options out there.

Saddle leather, got talked into it by some forumites on here and very glad I chose it. I thought it would look odd colour wise but it is superb.

Factory rock sliders - saved my sills once or twice, might need to fabricate a step in the next decade but otherwise a hand in the gutter gets me in no probs.

Panels rather than windows - suits my needs.

Safari windows - just brilliant - Targa top!

Lockable storage box - great use of space and the lock is loosening a tad.

It's a work horse and caked in mud autumn through to spring so M&M seat covers in sand for summer and crappy Ineos ones over the top for the wet season - if you saw the car inside you'd know why.

Don't think there is one option I regret ordering.

Hope the bugger lasts for years.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I started off with a Utility Station Wagon and added a few options. I'm now looking for a rear ladder; somewhere to bolt the farm jack and rigid tow bar to, so I should have added that.

I did not get the front and rear diffs; so far it has not been an issue, but I can see that one day I may regret it.

Local time
Reaction score
What wonderful, insightful responses so far thank you!!

I've had a saved Quartermaster configuration since they became available in Australia and I go back and review it the more I find out.

Being from a fabrication/engineering business ill be choosing to leave off barwork, tyres, winch etc but certainly have been convinced of opting for the factory diff locks, the saddle leather and the factory high aux 12v gear (factory electrical trumps aftermarket anyday)

Figuring out what will be the sought after factory options is something that usually doesn't come to light years and years after the vehicle has been released. Kind of how the factory ice makers in the Landcruiser 60series are sought after, bet noone saw that coming in the 80s probably got called a waste of money😅

So I'm always interested to see what everyone regrets or what options they are loving, will most likely change my configuration a few more times before I see a Quartermaster in the flesh

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Danie,

Great question!

Dual batteries if you plan on running a winch or a bunch of electrics - like a refrigerator.

If you plan on driving off-road a fair amount, the front and rear differential lockers are a very important option. The following video explains why. The whole video is good, but if you are just interested in the issue of the "lockers" then scroll to around 6:00 and start watching from there.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RarHLicvfWM

Back
Top Bottom