The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Another Texan

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
Howdy. I placed a pre-order, but really not sure I will follow through. This truck hits a lot of the needs I have: 4wd, mid or large size, interior cargo space... I have been through a few Chevy Suburbans and Ford Expeditions. The increasing complexity of these vehicles, and the increasing failure rate that goes along with it, steered me to an F150 Lightning. I absolutely love the truck. So simple. Two electric motors. Proven body and chassis platform. Most comfortable and best driving vehicle I have ever been in, and I've been in some nice cars. Ford really nailed it on this vehicle...but taking it on the road where I am is not an option. Charging infrastructure stinks. We will see if the Ford/Tesla partnership cures that.

In the meantime, along comes the Grenadier. Looks great, but I am not sure it checks off two boxes. One is that I want a bulletproof vehicle--one that won't leave me stranded on the side of the highway (or 40 miles down the beach with no cell service). The Grenadier is designed to be that vehicle, but it's new, might have quirks, and the nearest service center would be 200 miles from me. The second is power. I have gotten used to going 0-60 in 4 seconds if I want to! Would love a bigger motor.

Anyhow, I will be following the forum and trying to make up my mind. Greetings to all.

MM

Back
Top Bottom