The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alternative winch?

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
Are there any other suppliers apart from the LeTech winch? I have cancelled the original winch from Ineos as the cable length of only 10m was too short for me.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
I too am curious/on the verge of ordering one. Was hoping someone in the US would come out with something. I cancelled the winch accessory on mine. But will definitely be looking for a better solution than the stock bumper.
FYI - I'm not sure the one on offer from LeTech would fit the North American Grenadier, since it has the steel bumper.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Are there any other suppliers apart from the LeTech winch? I have cancelled the original winch from Ineos as the cable length of only 10m was too short for me.
Is 10m the maximum that the Grenadier's Red winch will accommodate?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think there are some things in the works here in the States and I am hopeful that by summer a winch-ready steel bumper will be available.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
I too am curious/on the verge of ordering one. Was hoping someone in the US would come out with something. I cancelled the winch accessory on mine. But will definitely be looking for a better solution than the stock bumper.
I'm pretty sure that within the year there will be at least one winch ready bumper from a USA supplier.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
I don’t know whether it’s the same Stateside but the Red on ours has about 12m usable line - soft shackles, strops and extension line are used for longish pulls.

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Red Winch told me a few months ago they are constructing an an aftermarket option (bypassing homologation) and will come with much longer string. Email verbatim

....."We are currently working on a winch mount for the Grenadier that replaces the centre section of the front bumper and allows fitting of our NOMAD winch - https://www.red-winches.com/product/nomad-12v-5500kg-12000-lbs-adventure/ which gives the rope capacity many users are looking for.....The new winch mount is due to be available at the end of the first quarter of 2024......"

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
The useable cable length is 14m assuming 3 loops min on the drum. The Ineos Winch is Homologated for road use and fulfils all PEDPRO/Legal requirements. The winch fits between the chassis rails (For crash reasons) and is quite short hence the lack of cable length. The winch was specifically designed together with Letech and is more than up to the job (5.5 tonnes pulling power). Ineos offers an extension kit should this fulfill your needs. Any other Winch fitted would invalidate your insurance and warranty and is not recommended at all by Ineos. I am the Lead Engineer for Ineos exterior so know the design inside and out.

Back
Top Bottom