The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alcan 5000 Rally Grenadier

Crankshaft Culture

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Hey all! My name is Andy Lilienthal and my wife, Mercedes, and I are taking an INEOS Grenadier on the Alcan 5000 Winter Rally. I'll be the driver, she'll be the navigator. She's written quite a bit about these vehicles over the past years, and now we'll get to compete in the mother of all North American rallies. This will be our third Alcan 5000, and second winter rally. You can learn more about the rally at http://alcan5000.com. I hope we don't need to use this forum as a lifeline if we have any issues, but I'm glad to be here and wish us luck!

Screenshot 2024-02-15 174033.png

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! A good friend and myself were planning on doing the Alcan 5000 this winter, but were too late to sign up; I was excited to see a Grenadier on the list and nice to see that you have at least a bit of corporate recognition from Ineos as well! If our paths don't cross before 2026, hopefully we'll see you for the Summer event then!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I will be sad to miss the start as I live in Kirkland. I have to go to Eugene for the day and I wish you luck on the adventure.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very cool! I be around at times that week leading up to the start. Are there any public events even if to just go watch the departure?

Crankshaft Culture

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DOH: I just noticed I have two threads on this. I thought the first one didn't go through. Sorry about that. Mods, feel free to remove the other one.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OP: Aside from decals, are you going stock as pictured?

Best of luck and can’t wait to read up on your progress. Where can we find your story?

Crankshaft Culture

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OP: Aside from decals, are you going stock as pictured?

Best of luck and can’t wait to read up on your progress. Where can we find your story?
The only modifications are the Rhino Rack Dual Jerry Can Holder and antenna mounts, their Maxxtrax Mount, Michelin X-Ice SUV tires (stock size), and a set of Rugged Radios.

You can follow along on our social for Crankshaft Culture (@crankshaftculture on IG, FB, YT, @crankshaftcult on X/Twitter) and crankshaftculture.com. We'll have a host of stories in print and online with a variety of outlets after the rally.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do I see plug(s) for a block heater as well?

Crankshaft Culture

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
These are plugs for oil pain heaters. They're the adhesive type. One is farther back towards the transmission. It's likely we'll only use one. However, looking at the temps this year, they're a good 30° F+ warmer than in 2020! At this point we won't need to use them.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would have put them in the natural blind spot on the driver's side.
For visibility yes but I think they were going for ease of use with the filler being on the passenger side. They did have a third mount on the driver's side but no can mounted yet.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Clever mounting of the aux lights too. Really liked the Black Sheep fuel can mounts. May have to order a set.
I do like their light mounts.

I will never hang anything off the side of my vehicle though. Side mount Jerry cans or the Defender lunchbox make absolute zero sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom