The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air conditioning - heating

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
What’s the issue with your HVAC. Dealers have the fix as far as I’m aware regarding aircon and hot/cold. Only outstanding issue that Ineos are looking into is the fan high frequency pitch on fan speed 4. Sometimes the actuators would be slow to respond and some have sticky actuators (half closed) resulting in whistling whilst driving at speed.
According to my dealer there is NO fix from Ineos regarding the HVAC.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
According to my dealer there is NO fix from Ineos regarding the HVAC.
There is depending on what issues you have. Print this out for your dealer. This photo was from a post on this forum or Facebook (I can’t remember) regarding the hot/cold issue.

Attachments

• 1A300AA7-9148-4CC6-91F0-C02A7DC22096.jpeg
    1A300AA7-9148-4CC6-91F0-C02A7DC22096.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 91

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dealers have the fix as far as I’m aware regarding aircon and hot/cold.
I appreciate your help but neither my agent or the Ineos “master tech” can solve the problem with our vehicle so unfortunately I don’t think it’s that straight forward! The one they have loaned me is the same.

Exceptionally slow to warm up, cold on the right hand side almost constantly and any adjustment can cause a random shock of cold air.

Reactions: PBD

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate your help but neither my agent or the Ineos “master tech” can solve the problem with our vehicle so unfortunately I don’t think it’s that straight forward! The one they have loaned me is the same.

Exceptionally slow to warm up, cold on the right hand side almost constantly and any adjustment can cause a random shock of cold air.
That sounds like the sticky actuators which control the flaps. I’ve not heard of a fix yet. But I know mine has improved by cycling through the modes on fan speed 4 and with a window open (depressurising the cabin). Do it a frequently and flaps do loosen but it’s not perfect

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is depending on what issues you have. Print this out for your dealer. This photo was from a post on this forum or Facebook (I can’t remember) regarding the hot/cold issue.
Did that procedure already, did not solve the problem. The Problem with my HVAC is simple to describe. It is very hot or cold but nothing in between.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Mine is anything but stellar. There are 3 upper vents I can reach from the driver’s seat and none of them blow the same temperature of air regardless of settings. I do hope a fix happens.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is anything but stellar. There are 3 upper vents I can reach from the driver’s seat and none of them blow the same temperature of air regardless of settings. I do hope a fix happens.
You would not accept that in a Fiat Panda so why accept it in a gGenadier? This is not acceptable!

Rfm147

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I find that the flaps directing the air inside are either slow to react, stuck or don’t know what they’re are doing. If you rotate to demist the front windscreen, the flaps rotate 10 seconds later. Most annoyingly if you have Auto mode switched on, I found at 60 to 70 mph there is a whistling noise. I tracked it down to the ventilation system by turning the fan to position 1 and the whistling noise disappears. So now I aways have it on fan speed 1. Also the issue with the high pitch frequency on max fan speed which doesn’t sound right.
I am having the same issues , hoping they fix these things

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
I have the high pitch whistling sound as well. And the angel wing fogging on the windshield. Houston has had pretty mild weather since I got it, hope the A/C system will perform when the weather gets really hot. I mean, they designed this to be Africa ready, right?

Rfm147

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My goodness.
I live in New England near Boston , and I just received my car and am having very similar issues. It is very cold here at this time of year . There is no heat from the vents , even when the thermostat is at its hottest setting. They did fiddle with it ( soft reset) and it worked for a day or two . In addition my air conditioning button doesn’t light up and the auto button on the temperature know doesn’t light up . They have promised to fix it. However what worries me is the following : if you have had this problem since November 23 what hope do we have to have this issue fixed. Has your issue been fixed satisfactorily? Rfm

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
I live in New England near Boston , and I just received my car and am having very similar issues. It is very cold here at this time of year . There is no heat from the vents , even when the thermostat is at its hottest setting. They did fiddle with it ( soft reset) and it worked for a day or two . In addition my air conditioning button doesn’t light up and the auto button on the temperature know doesn’t light up . They have promised to fix it. However what worries me is the following : if you have had this problem since November 23 what hope do we have to have this issue fixed. Has your issue been fixed satisfactorily? Rfm
There have been reports that problems with the heating in new vehicles are due to the high temp. coolant circuit not being properly bled of air. There is an Ineos bulletin on this matter with directions to resolve the issue... sorry, I can't find the reference to it at the moment.

EDIT: check out the following and scroll down .... there's a flow chart and official Ineos instructions.
NOTE: It requires the Dealer's special Ineos equipment to run the bleed routine....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom