The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2023 INEOS GRENADIER - is up for sale on auto-trader £85k

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
I parked my Donny Grey Grenadier outside a cafe in Manchester to meet a friend. The friend knew the woman who rented the cafe premises. Whilst serving us, she asked if we knew who owned the big black car outside. When told it was mine, she seemed relieved as she thought it was her gangster type landlord who she referred to as a right c...t
She clearly can'r distinguish between 18 and 22" wheels 😁
I've privacy glass , but no gangster would be seen dead in a magic mushroom coloured car.
Or would they? Magic mushrooms can end badly.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
I parked my Donny Grey Grenadier outside a cafe in Manchester to meet a friend. The friend knew the woman who rented the cafe premises. Whilst serving us, she asked if we knew who owned the big black car outside. When told it was mine, she seemed relieved as she thought it was her gangster type landlord who she referred to as a right c...t
I am glad that mine is not DG but MM.;)

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
I think that in an ideal world, if the new Defender had a high reliability record and strength to match, it would be difficult to justify the Grenadier outside simply preferring its styling. My problem with the Defender, apart from its dubious reliability, would be its image. When spending this amount of money, its nice to have something that little bit different. You don't get that with the latest JLR products.
Strange how the new Defender and not the old Defender is always pitched against the Grenadier when they are now completely different products with different goals.
So how come I have one of each? Prime goal for both was a nice big dog kennel on wheels with no carpets, a discrete hidy place for guns, and lots of storage pockets for outdoorsy stuff (not enough in the Gren). Neither has a gun compartment but ND has better storage for my needs.

I don't live in London, wouldn't go near a mall, but I do like things to work. I can't even get the radio to work properly in the Grenadier. I didn't buy the Defender for it's image - I didn't like the looks of it which is why I ordered the IG. But having test driven the ND, all my prejudices disappeared. Sure, if I'd had issues I might think differently but, no, it's brilliant and, thanks to the nice soft air suspension I can step down from the cab unlike the parachute launch from the jacked-up IG.

Believe me, I love the rufty-tuftyness of the IG but I paid so much for it I'm treating it like a crystal vase. Anyway it looks like I'll be running both together for some time. So it's my bad, or my good, depending whether my glass is half empty or half full today! And no, people aren't going to get those OTT prices, not in the UK.

Reactions: PBD

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just popped on to Autotrader and there are 68 for sale now, still many at jacked up prices, though a little more realism coming in to the market now, if there is a market. Anyone ordering new now should be doing so absolutely with their eyes open because if they're thinking they can sell for a profit or even simply breaking even on delivery, they may need to think again. I wonder to what extent the Gremoaners have undermined future sales prospects. Good to see a news item today, however, saying that INEOS is going to stick with the internal combustion engine beyond 2030. Not sure how that works if such car sales are banned Europe-wide.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like Australian 'flippers' are not doing so well. Those listed are all still for sale and I think of the 6 private sales, I don't think any have sold to date... I may have missed 1 but asking $140-$155K isnt going to work for you.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
Looks like Australian 'flippers' are not doing so well. Those listed are all still for sale and I think of the 6 private sales, I don't think any have sold to date... I may have missed 1 but asking $140-$155K isnt going to work for you.
I personally think the IG market is different from the regular vehicle market. Non proven platform and post covid affect has some bearing on this IMO

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder to what extent the Gremoaners have undermined future sales prospects. Good to see a news item today, however, saying that INEOS is going to stick with the internal combustion engine beyond 2030. Not sure how that works if such car sales are banned Europe-wide.

Gremoanrers - love it. I think Gremoaners are having a huge effect.

The announcement by Sunk has aligned the UK to Europe, so we have another 5 years (2035) of Diesel/Petrol new car sales.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought my Grenadier off Autotrader.

There were about 50 listed at the time.

I wanted the commercial in Magic Mushroom. Just as well, as out of all the Gren’s for sale, the guy I bought mine from wasn’t flipping his for a quick buck.
His business direction had changed before the 18 month wait it took for his to arrive (end of May).
With the ceramic coating, custom scuff strips on all sills, and all the options on his build list, I’d say he made less than £1k profit on his original price.
Same spec now would cost £10k more.

Plenty of flippers still on Autotrader, but I notice some authorised Grenadier suppliers are also jumping on the bandwagon. Customer late cancellations perhaps?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There were quite a few cancellations I think, hard to say how many but maybe one or two per dealership. These are now up for sale at the dealers I believe.

Back
Top Bottom