The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 17 for sale on cars.com

Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Noticed the number of private sales of Grenadiers very slowly increasing week by week on Car Sales Australia. Some are very well priced and some high priced examples have been advertised for a long while with slowly decreasing prices. Some sale ads do look AI/bot generated.
I did get an email from Ineos offering 0% finance with a 50% deposit and what appears in the fine print to be less than 6 months delivery time, registered before 01 June 2024 . Only the deal looks to be for the UK market.
Are Grenadier sales declining in the UK market for low finance rates to be offered?

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
I'm supposed to get my truck Weds and am naturally excited. I asked for a buyer's order so I could get everything squared away with my loan and insurance. But, check this out.

My dealer charges a $449 doc fee - which in the grand scheme isn't the worst by any means (not the best either). But...

They also charge the following that you would think the doc fee would cover: $50 notary fee and $40 messenger fee. This seems odd.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got mine from High Point and I didn’t see any marked up. They told me they weren’t allowed to mark up any new cars. Where are you seeing them?
No market up other than the $999 dealer "take" for doing nothing :( . The post you noted is rather old I believe - perhaps from when vehicles were first beginning to arrive at dealers/ customers.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm supposed to get my truck Weds and am naturally excited. I asked for a buyer's order so I could get everything squared away with my loan and insurance. But, check this out.

My dealer charges a $449 doc fee - which in the grand scheme isn't the worst by any means (not the best either). But...

They also charge the following that you would think the doc fee would cover: $50 notary fee and $40 messenger fee. This seems odd.
Yeah got hit with a few "title transfer, etc" fees not expecting too. Then got hit with "title search, etc" fees when selling the Tiguan. Told both transparency was paramount to trust. But what do you honestly do ?? You are at the bottom line of the page in both situations. :mad:

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score

I got tapped with a $1600 delivery fee. I tried to push back, but this is pretty typical in the states. I think it is just a way to pay the sales people and cover other ways to milk the consumer.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got tapped with a $1600 delivery fee. I tried to push back, but this is pretty typical in the states. I think it is just a way to pay the sales people and cover other ways to milk the consumer.
Oh I had the $1600 transport/delivery fee too (in addition to the $999 document fee) - I believe this is the "transport" from Port to Dealer - standard for all. They bill the $1600 into the "base cost of vehicle". Didn't have it as a separate line item on my invoice but the $999 was separate.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Can you negotiate on the dealer fee then? I had $699 Dealer Conveyance fee, a $100 CT Trade in fee, AND a $699 CT Registration fee even though I wasn't registering in CT...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The $1,600 fee is an IA charge that is nearly charged to all new vehicles in the States and is about the middle of the road in cost. Considering the weight of the Grenadier, it's not too bad if I'm honest.

I found this LIST of some of the lowest and highest destination fees.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can you negotiate on the dealer fee then? I had $699 Dealer Conveyance fee, a $100 CT Trade in fee, AND a $699 CT Registration fee even though I wasn't registering in CT...
Absolutely you can, by law they can only collect sales tax, title and license. All the other fees are just BS dealer markups.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Trade in fee? they could go pound sand. plus a CT reg fee? on principal hell no

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score

As long as they didnt charge you 2, $1600 fees, this is the destination fee of the Ineos, the cost for shipping from Europe, to the US Port, to your dealer. The MSPR for all the cars I have ever bought have included the delivery fee in the MSRP. Ineos didn't, I missed it in the fine print when I configured, but its there "† The price shown is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). MSRP excludes destination fee, license, insurance, registration, sales tax and optional features that may be available from your local retailer. Retail partner sets actual price." Just for fun, the Jeep Gladiator I was looking at has a destination fee of $1895 and my F150 had a destination fee in the $1700 range I think. I guess trains across the US are more expensive than Ships across the ocean and thru the Panama canal.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score

Are you signing the papers at home and then bringing it all to the dealership? Is that what the notary and messenger fee are for? If you are signing at the dealership, those 2 fees, seem a bit excessive on top of the doc fee.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Noticed the number of private sales of Grenadiers very slowly increasing week by week on Car Sales Australia. Some are very well priced and some high priced examples have been advertised for a long while with slowly decreasing prices. Some sale ads do look AI/bot generated.
I did get an email from Ineos offering 0% finance with a 50% deposit and what appears in the fine print to be less than 6 months delivery time, registered before 01 June 2024 . Only the deal looks to be for the UK market.
Are Grenadier sales declining in the UK market for low finance rates to be offered?
I think the UK has been hit by being early adopters and savage motor press reviews. There's some cheap RHD second hand Grenadiers in the UK market, I expect that someone clever will start to export UK supplied cars to other RHD markets.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As long as they didnt charge you 2, $1600 fees, this is the destination fee of the Ineos, the cost for shipping from Europe, to the US Port, to your dealer. The MSPR for all the cars I have ever bought have included the delivery fee in the MSRP. Ineos didn't, I missed it in the fine print when I configured, but its there "† The price shown is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). MSRP excludes destination fee, license, insurance, registration, sales tax and optional features that may be available from your local retailer. Retail partner sets actual price." Just for fun, the Jeep Gladiator I was looking at has a destination fee of $1895 and my F150 had a destination fee in the $1700 range I think. I guess trains across the US are more expensive than Ships across the ocean and thru the Panama canal.
Porsche 911 $1450

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Krabby.
Congratulations on FINALLY picking up your G this week!
Legally, you do not have to pay the DOC Fee.
Being in the car business, I thought it hypocritical of me to not pay it.
Gibby

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Why did you pay those crazy fees?

Back
Top Bottom