The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

15% price increase? Bulls**t

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
At the moment in Australia car companies are selling every 4wd/SUV vehicle they can get(or can't even get) for high prices.......except Jeep
Who have stock and have just offered 3 years free servicing to try to get customers.
There are 364 MY22 Jeep Gladiators F/S in Australia right now (that's just carsales.com) What does that say?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are 364 MY22 Jeep Gladiators F/S in Australia right now (that's just carsales.com) What does that say?
I posted the 4WD of the year video somewhere on here a few months ago and the Gladiator performed worse than the Great Wall in some aspects.
Not very good off road at all.
I don't think it would last very long against corrugations, just not designed for it.
It looks pretty good though.

Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
I posted the 4WD of the year video somewhere on here a few months ago and the Gladiator performed worse than the Great Wall in some aspects.
Not very good off road at all.
I don't think it would last very long against corrugations, just not designed for it.
It looks pretty good though.
Do you judge all 4WD vehicles based on their stock capability? As Dan Grec has shown, the Gladiator holds up just fine.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you judge all 4WD vehicles based on their stock capability? As Dan Grec has shown, the Gladiator holds up just fine.
No that is just an indicator.
When the alternatives are crazy expensive and 6-12 months lead time but people still prefer to buy them rather than a cheaper, ex stock Gladiator with free servicing

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi
I should point out that I am not knocking Jeeps as off road vehicles as they are obviously very good
Just not suited to Australian conditions as an all-round vehicle
Dual cab utes are the best selling vehicle of all types in Australia and as you can see in this comparison the gladiator wins the off-road section

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:02 PM
Reaction score
Yep. Certainly looks like energy is the problem and it is expected to remain high
If only they could build them without using electricity or heating.

Is there a suggestion box at the factory?

Get those blokes that swan around Maderia all winter in lycra branded as Ineos Grenadiers back to the factory on these:

FHQFHO3GBVJH04Q.png

Local time
Reaction score
Quite a bit of passive aggresive "smart-assery" on here for legitimate questions and complaints beibg asked by American. Would be nice if those of you would just keep those xenophobic opinions to yourself. Same crap was being put out there in the flag thread.

Local time
Reaction score
I thought you had decided the Grenadier was no longer on the shopping list?
Never said that. Just becoming more disenchanted as time goes on. I'll still wait and see if ineos can bring a quality product to market here. If it's reasonably priced and performs as intended, I'll buy and keep. If the price puts it in the arena of a luxury vehicle, I'll probably buy if there is a price incentive and flip it or just cancel if it looks like there's no demand on the secondary.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
"They’ve just announced the fourth round of price rises in 12 months on the Gladiator and Wrangler"

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yep. Certainly looks like energy is the problem and it is expected to remain high
If only they could build them without using electricity or heating.

View attachment 7795968
I run an Engineering company and in our case most cost increases have been driven by the unstable energy market. Raw materials (steel, aluminium) take a lot of energy to produce and then more energy to heat treat from their initial annealed (soft) state to their final tempered/quenched state. The price hikes in metallic raw materials are proportionate to how much energy is used to produce them, but everything has gone up substantially this year: Carbon steels +50%, stainless steels +100% and exotic nickel alloy steels by as much as 800%. In addition, the demise of the Ukranian steel mills also had a large impact on European supply chains. Couple that with rampant inflation and every single workforce calling for substantial pay rises and it's easy to see where things are heading.

Basically the world is messed up right now and industry is rolling with the punches, but no-one was able to predict the perfect storm we're in. It's unfortunate but I don't blame IG for putting their prices up, it's just business. Unfortunately Ineos have chosen a time to launch a new vehicle in the worst possible climate, where everyone is fighting to survive. I don't envy their task, but if they have truly found a niche in the market then they should be OK: Necessity is the mother of all invention as they say.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well said G-Man.

Quick question, your location says Aberdeen but your flag says Holland?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi ECrider,

I've asked @Stu_Barnes very nicely if that glitch can be fixed! Apparently it's because on the day I first registered my account my laptop was routed through a Dutch IP address 🤷‍♂️
I have the same issue. Flag is Norwegian as I must have been there when doing something. My flag should be British.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The Gladiator is a good 4x4, but (compared to other ROW offerings) an average at best truck. You'll need to lift and increase tire straight away to make up for the abysmal breakover angle, and doing so further worsens its truck capabilities. Also, the powerplant is terrible for non Americans. We're used to punchy little turbo diesels that can pull 3.5ton at sub 3k rpm, not a thirsty v6 petrol that screams its ass off to pull a trailer up a hill.

Jeep say the 3.0 Ecodiesel wont fit in RHD configuration, yet they can squeeze a 392 in a left hooker no worries? Shorthand for "we wont sell enough to warrant the RnD"

Had my heart set on the gladiator a few years back, as the logical workhorse replacement for my Wrangler, but it never made it to UK shores. Looking back now, I think id have been disappointed in it. A JL Rubicon 2.0 here in the UK lists for £61k now, so a gladiator wouldn't have been sub 70k, especially in diesel form.

I think the Gladiator is at home for the US consumer, who wants to go adventuring on the weekend, maybe some camping etc, but also wants to tow a UTV trailer once in a blue moon. No surprise its flopped in Australia, as it no doubt would have here

Back
Top Bottom