The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Ball mirror mount on the 2024 trucks. But I could without pulling the mirror off.

If using a Ram ball I am guessing “A” which is the 1/2” if you can find them.
That's interesting! Bare wire straight to fuse sockets?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
I'll have a look at mine and measure up later today. Although it would be good to know if any of the earlier vehicles have a different diameter, do we have an @Jean Mercier or @emax with a vernier handy ;)
I made a measurement without dismounting and my Vernier (that I inherited from my father) showed 16 mm in the picture below, therefore the ball has a slightly larger diameter, perhaps 17mm:
20240106_100024.jpg

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Looks sharp.

Any issues with a dirty rear window affecting view?

Also, do you have a HUD? A see a digital font looking 27 in the one frame.
In that spot, the camera gets the benefit of being behind the windscreen wiper so it’s nice and simple to clear the view from time to time. (When I tried it outside it was pretty annoying)

The HUD is pretty good! It’s this one. GPS based and easily calibrated so the speed matches the display once steady (though it lags a couple of seconds, which is why they don’t match in the photo).

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
In that spot, the camera gets the benefit of being behind the windscreen wiper so it’s nice and simple to clear the view from time to time. (When I tried it outside it was pretty annoying)

The HUD is pretty good! It’s this one. GPS based and easily calibrated so the speed matches the display once steady (though it lags a couple of seconds, which is why they don’t match in the photo).
I couldn't tell if that cam would be inside the sweep of the wiper arm - that looks like the perfect place to mount - I will probably follow suit.

As for the HUD, they don't sell that one Stateside, but I'm sure something here will work. I was worried that the verticalness of the windscreen might hinder the functionality of the HUD. Does not seem to be the case!

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn't tell if that cam would be inside the sweep of the wiper arm - that looks like the perfect place to mount - I will probably follow suit.

As for the HUD, they don't sell that one Stateside, but I'm sure something here will work. I was worried that the verticalness of the windscreen might hinder the functionality of the HUD. Does not seem to be the case!

I initially tried mounting it to the small flat shelf on the dash, but the design of this one and my height doesn’t suit that position. Instead, tucking it behind the steering wheel itself worked much better.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 233

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Good work on getting the code from Wolfbox Stu. I purchased too early and missed the code! It works well although the cables do slightly interfere with the airbag warning sign.

I bought the extension cable as well so I can relocate the rear cam to the back of my boat when towing.

Something I’m looking at is trying to mount it just above the centre display so it will free up the standard mirror and have the best of both.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Link
Twist anti-clockwise according to @Cheshire cat, but it may need some encouragement.
Now that it’s been a while, I can’t remember for sure if it is CW or CCW to remove. I know it is only needs to be twisted about 90 degrees
Good work on getting the code from Wolfbox Stu. I purchased too early and missed the code! It works well although the cables do slightly interfere with the airbag warning sign.

I bought the extension cable as well so I can relocate the rear cam to the back of my boat when towing.

Something I’m looking at is trying to mount it just above the centre display so it will free up the standard mirror and have the best of both.
might that have a significant effect on your vision? I did think of doing similar but dismissed the idea following a trial fit. Didn’t sort of look right.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wolfbox G890 mounted to inside of 70% rear door...

I'm thinking of mounting the camera to the steel plate for more articulation later on.
Are you using the 3rd camera for the “interior” or elsewhere?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
That’s odd. Neither work for me. Maybe due to being redirected automatically to the UK version of their site? Perhaps it’s a US only thing?
They’ve extended a discount to the uk site. I’m
Just waiting for the confirmation that it’s live.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I decided not to install it for the time being since I'm already using a Nexar One.
From the wiring diagram I saw on their website, it looked like the interior cam was hard wired as opposed to being plugged in. Is that correct? My hope with the 890 was to get a waterproof cam and put in the grill but that doesn’t seem feasible.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
From the wiring diagram I saw on their website, it looked like the interior cam was hard wired as opposed to being plugged in. Is that correct? My hope with the 890 was to get a waterproof cam and put in the grill but that doesn’t seem feasible.
Your idea has me holding off for conformation. I love your idea. @Krabby I have to come to Philly for work end of January, in reality not downtown Philly but Malvern. You close at all? I arrive on Monday, you up for a drink?

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Enclosed is the correspondence with my questions to Wolfbox

Hello,
do you have a dashcam interior mirror in the program to which I can connect 2 reversing cameras for car AND caravan?

Hey Christian
Thank you for reaching us.
We don't have the dash cam as you mentioned. There only have one port for the rear cable.
But I was wondering if you can install the original rear cable and rear camera behind your car, and another rear camera and extended rear cable behind your caravan, and you can switch the rear cable port to see the exact rearview you need. And you may also need to lengthen the length of the red cable (of the rear cable), which is used to connect your car's reversing light, then it will show reversing line when reversing.
jiShRViot8L5kzJ8amuD_6tyzK3KuA3MfxMI6aPBLn8bvI8Ib_wZXYvqJvlkv3Bd

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Enclosed is the correspondence with my questions to Wolfbox

Hello,
do you have a dashcam interior mirror in the program to which I can connect 2 reversing cameras for car AND caravan?

Hey Christian
Thank you for reaching us.
We don't have the dash cam as you mentioned. There only have one port for the rear cable.
But I was wondering if you can install the original rear cable and rear camera behind your car, and another rear camera and extended rear cable behind your caravan, and you can switch the rear cable port to see the exact rearview you need. And you may also need to lengthen the length of the red cable (of the rear cable), which is used to connect your car's reversing light, then it will show reversing line when reversing.
jiShRViot8L5kzJ8amuD_6tyzK3KuA3MfxMI6aPBLn8bvI8Ib_wZXYvqJvlkv3Bd
I’ve been wondering about doing this when I’ve got my trailer hooked up. Switching between two cables (manually or with a relay).

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Interior cam is a plug in...
1000008037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom