The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wolf Box

wolfbox_logo_e68cf9b7-062c-40e0-a6b8-6f94291edbd3.png.jpeg

As the leading brand in the automotive electronics market, WOLFBOX has earned its reputation with an unwavering commitment to quality and durability. We strive to deliver cutting-edge electronics with the latest trends and technology to enhance the driving experience and cater to the evolving needs of modern drivers.

At WOLFBOX, we understand that driving is more than just a means of transportation – it's an exploration, an adventure waiting to unfold. WOLFBOX is your trusted companion, encouraging you to venture beyond your comfort zone and discover the extraordinary.

Wolfbox have agreed to give forum members a discount on their products, the discount varies depending on region unfortunatelyf.

They didn't say if this was in addition to any other promotions but its worth a go.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

For AU and NZ Customers 20% discount with the coupon code below

Code

GRENADIERS-AU​

WOLFBOX AU Site

WOLFBOX G850 Rearview Mirror Backup Camera Dash Cam Smart Mirror​

wolfbox-g850-rearview-mirror-backup-camera-dash-cam-877069.jpg
The smart way to record your driving experience with a choice of G850 4K mirror rearview mirror backup camera.

Please note, the forum discount only applies to orders placed directly with WOLFBOX and not via 3rd parties.
The forum may earn a small commission from any sales generated by the links above or by using the coupon code.

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
I have one, and they are reflective. If the screen goes to screensaver than it works just as a normal mirror. Works mint 👍
You can also push the button underneath and it’s goes in screensaver mode.
But the dash cams stay active and are recording front and rear.
Fantastic - thank you!

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
I think a RAM mount ball mount would work. Or other similar product. Not sure how to remove the Grenadier's mirror but the ball size looks to be smaller than 1 inch.
A heard that RAM, located in Seattle, was digitally scanning the Grenadier this week. I can't wait to see what products they come up with.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you @Loc Nar, I'm dealing with their tech people right now to work out the best version for the Grenadier. If someone better informed than me knows the most appropriate unit then I'll change the original post to suit.

As an aside, if anyone knows the diameter of the ball for the rear view mirror then let me know as I'm trying to get them to make a Grenadier specific mount. They're somewhere on the east coast so I dangled the idea that a member may be able to drop by and they can take some measurements.

I'll have a look at mine and measure up later today. Although it would be good to know if any of the earlier vehicles have a different diameter, do we have an @Jean Mercier or @emax with a vernier handy ;)
The mirror (Y23 models) is connected directly to the windscreen. This is different for the Y24 models, they use another system.

Attachments

• IMG_3715.jpeg
    IMG_3715.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_3716.jpeg
    IMG_3716.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 202

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 PM
Reaction score
Whew! Finally got the hardwire wiring figured out. If you have a Trialmaster, these are the fuse sockets and ground I used in the under rear seat fuse panel...1000008007.jpg
Now to mount camera and mirror and hide all the wires. Many thanks to Cheshire Cat for the help.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whew! Finally got the hardwire wiring figured out. If you have a Trialmaster, these are the fuse sockets and ground I used in the under rear seat fuse panel...View attachment 7838654
Now to mount camera and mirror and hide all the wires. Many thanks to Cheshire Cat for the help.

So you went with only the 2 wire option and not the 4 wire?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
I have one, and they are reflective. If the screen goes to screensaver than it works just as a normal mirror. Works mint 👍
You can also push the button underneath and it’s goes in screensaver mode.
But the dash cams stay active and are recording front and rear.
This is my experience also. The mirror would work in a conventional manner however, currently, because of the wire connections on top of the mirror I can’t tilt the mirror far enough to use as a conventional mirror. I think if I change the mount I will have more success.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just for balance. My daughter doesn’t like the digital mirror. Unfortunately her dislike is not articulated very well unless anyone can translate a shrug of the shoulders and silence?
The digital image is different to a real mirror however, the flexibility and fantastic rear vision is in my opinion, well worth it.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just for balance. My daughter doesn’t like the digital mirror. Unfortunately her dislike is not articulated very well unless anyone can translate a shrug of the shoulders and silence?
The digital image is different to a real mirror however, the flexibility and fantastic rear vision is in my opinion, well worth it.
Hi Cheshire cat, I have a 2020 New Defender with the digital mirror and love it. Will be getting a WolfBox once my Grenadier shows up in April 2024. Once you have experienced a digital mirror you always want one. I found it takes a little while to get used to it until your brain syncs to it as the perspective in the digital mode is a bit different than when just a mirror. DaBull

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Cheshire cat, I have a 2020 New Defender with the digital mirror and love it. Will be getting a WolfBox once my Grenadier shows up in April 2024. Once you have experienced a digital mirror you always want one. I found it takes a little while to get used to it until your brain syncs to it as the perspective in the digital mode is a bit different than when just a mirror. DaBull
100% agree with you DaBull. I took some inspiration from the new Defender and mounted my camera on the roof. Allows me to see over my trailer. I do have to remember to wipe the lens clean more often but so far, no other issues. For the record. I did not drill holes in any part of the vehicle or the plastic trim.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A heard that RAM, located in Seattle, was digitally scanning the Grenadier this week. I can't wait to see what products they come up with.
EB told me the same today. Excited to see what they come up with. Hopefully it's not just their laptop mount. I'd love some track on the dash similar to what @globalgregors has.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
3 wire option... ACC, contant power and ground. Turns out wiring into the rear seat fuse panel was a bad idea because I don't have enough cable slack to run power to the mirror.
For the record. I needed the additional wiring extension to comfortably connect my rear camera. For main power I connected into the cigarette lighter fuse in the small fuse box near to the steering wheel.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
100% agree with you DaBull. I took some inspiration from the new Defender and mounted my camera on the roof. Allows me to see over my trailer. I do have to remember to wipe the lens clean more often but so far, no other issues. For the record. I did not drill holes in any part of the vehicle or the plastic trim.
Does the Wolfbox do well adjusting for the light coming at you from behind? IE handles the view with no one behind you and can adjust when there’s a lifted F250 on your ass?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the record. I needed the additional wiring extension to comfortably connect my rear camera. For main power I connected into the cigarette lighter fuse in the small fuse box near to the steering wheel.
Please provide a picture of the locations of the fuse connects, if you don't mind, Phil. I'm at my wit's end trying to find the proper fuse connections. I ended up using the cigarette lighter power cord for the time being just to get the camera up and running. :) It's working, cords are hidden, albeit with cigarette lighter plug power.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies. I misunderstood. I used an extension cable as well.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please provide a picture of the locations of the fuse connects, if you don't mind, Phil. I'm at my wit's end trying to find the proper fuse connections. I ended up using the cigarette lighter power cord for the time being just to get the camera up and running. :) It's working, cords are hidden, albeit with cigarette lighter plug power.
Home on Monday. Will see if I can find this thread and post pics.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ball mirror mount on the 2024 trucks. But I could without pulling the mirror off.

If using a Ram ball I am guessing “A” which is the 1/2” if you can find them.

Attachments

• IMG_9336.jpeg
    IMG_9336.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_9335.jpeg
    IMG_9335.jpeg
    692.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_9334.jpeg
    IMG_9334.jpeg
    894.2 KB · Views: 178

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
3 wire option... ACC, contant power and ground. Turns out wiring into the rear seat fuse panel was a bad idea because I don't have enough cable slack to run power to the mirror.
Easy to piggy back off fuses near ignition. (on RHD at least) Edit note: In this image the yellow pigtail of the wolfbox fuse needs to be coming out of the right side of the connector rather than left - just turn it around so the fuse is working properly, otherwise 12v is not going via the fuse as the left side is 12v hot.
wolfbox pick up.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom