The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winners Hard way home

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
All pictures with the same number plate from Böblingen.

From what I remember, Ingemar lives in Freiburg which should be "FR" instead of "BB". Freiburg is 100 Km away from Böblingen and a 200 KM ride on the road.

So he has finally got a second hand car which is still registered by Ineos ... ? 🙃

"I've got my car" - this story doesn't seem entirely straightforward to me ...

EDIT: typo

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ingemar's car (is it?) still has the "Böblingen" - BB, where the Ineos Headquarter is - number plate on the car.

---❓---​
I guess that he got some kind of test driver license, so they were able to make the tour with PTOs. Can’t imagine another way to drive the cars when there obviously is a big topic in realising them to the customers.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I guess that he got some kind of test driver license, so they were able to make the tour with PTOs. Can’t imagine another way to drive the cars when there obviously is a big topic in realising them to the customers.
Yes, that's the explanation of why he may drive it.

But I read on one of the screenshots from facebook/instagram - whatever media - him writing "I've got mine, they deliver!", which is a different story.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, that's the explanation of why he may drive it.

But I read on one of the screenshots from facebook/instagram - whatever media - him writing "I've got mine, they deliver!", which is a different story.
Might be his until they change it out again…

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A few things that bug me indeed.
So a hand over wherever it is means registered vehicle.
The Böblingen IA registry - means - the vehicle is likely 1st registered by Ineos Automotive. And NOT FB.
If it is directly given to the final owner - then it has to be the county of the real owner.

My vehicle was registered to my company originally and as such registered in another place and State of Baden Württemberg. When I took ownership I just reported to registry office - reregistered my vehicle and sent an email with a picture of papers to my employer.

Rest was done automatically. No new numberplates etc. - So when I drive here I am considered by most as a "not from here"..
There is no need to reregister with a new number plate if the vehicle is handed over to another owner that has another state and county of residence anymore.

In this case - the guy has not his own car but one registered by Ineos.
The truth is - as there was a drive from Morocco to home.. - and there is an accident.. any issues that need to be covered by insurance . I would not taken liability on that.
Even if I had volunteered for doing the hard way home drive - there are some terms and conditions. - Not just getting the vehicle home properly - just the drive to Morocco's coast, taking a ferry to Spain then alway up to France, Switzerland depending on route.. there is a lot of fuel and of course hotels, food..
That is what Ineos must take care for. - And the assistant / co driver as well.

So insurance and a lot of side cost raising.
To me this is rather a vehicle of final built and owned / registered by Ineos but given for use by the winner of HWH
Think he is in possession of this vehicle - but unlikely registered owner in a legal point of view.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
possession ... owner
This is a crucial difference. So the statement "they deliver" is misleading here.

For a few years now, it has been possible in Germany for him to actually use the "BB" number, even though he lives in a different county. I would never choose that. But for him it could be a nice reminiscence of the HWH show.

Anyway: legally, he wouldn't be the first owner, it would just be a used car.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is a crucial difference. So the statement "they deliver" is misleading here.

For a few years now, it has been possible in Germany for him to actually use the "BB" number, even though he lives in a different county. I would never choose that. But for him it could be a nice reminiscence of the HWH show.

Anyway: legally, he wouldn't be the first owner, it would just be a used car.
The crucial difference is a legal one.
In possession is the person who has actual control on an item ( a car, a firearm, a house) -

The owner ist the one who owns it - the rental company, the bank, landlord, e.g. in Germany you may purchase a gun, but never be in possession - take it home and store it there - so you may look at it and shoot it at a gun dealers range under supervision by a range officer - but after use - you have to hand it over to the gun dealer who will store it for you) .. This means you will never have full control on it.

Just to explain the difference between possession and ownership.
If he really "owns" the car . this means it is registered on him. Even if he is first driver.. he is not first owner - indeed - as you wrote he got an used car.
So if this is so - he can either opt for reregistering to his county of residence or use the registry number as is.
Indeed I still doubt this is really "his" in sense of ownership.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ingemar's car (is it?) still has the "Böblingen" - BB, where the Ineos Headquarter is - number plate on the car.

---❓---​
Yes, that‘s very strange… It appears to be registered to IA. Furthermore, I thought it was illegal to register a vehicle in Germany that is permanently based in Austria where Ingemar appears to live, as it would be a case of tax evasion. The registration taxes in Austria are extremely high.

edit: Or is Mr. Rodler just an Austrian actually living in Germany? However, the house and the location in one of his videos seems to be in St. Stefan, Austria according to Google. That place is close to St. Michael ob Bleiburg, Austria, where he went to school. Maybe he was just on a longer visit to relatives.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I read Freiburg somewhere.

Anyway: It's definitely not Böblingen.

PS: The name "Rodler" is indeed extremely suspicious to have an Austrian origin. And interestingly, you can not order a Grenadier for Austria, afaik. The (registration or import)-tax is exorbitantly high that they are in fact not competitive in Austria.

Hm. 🤔

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
And interestingly, you can not order a Grenadier for Austria, afaik. The (registration or import)-tax is exorbitantly high that they are in fact not competitive in Austria.

Unfortunaly you are mistaken! There are 3 Ineos Grenadier sales agents, even listed on Grunt, in Linz, Graz and Vienna who will each I am sure achieve some sales in Austria. :LOL:

Last edited:

Alex7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I guess IA is not happy about his videos on YouTube. This whole marketing of the Hard Way Home is for the bin now. Bad choice.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
I'll just enjoy the Grenadier based content for what it is, not sure why this guy is generating so much heat (but little light) but intrigued to see if anyone will actually get to the truth of it.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
… And interestingly, you can not order a Grenadier for Austria, afaik. The (registration or import)-tax is exorbitantly high that they are in fact not competitive in Austria.
You may order the Grenadier in Austria of course, there are 3 agents. But you are right, the price is very high compared to other EU-countries because you have to pay the NOVA („Normverbrauchsabgabe“), which is about 20% on the price of the car. That means, a Trialmaster with some extras costs about 110.000€. 😳
No cause to worry, Austria is quite a small, but wealthy country, it has lots of very rich people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom