The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winners Hard way home

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Have they signed their contracts, do they have a build/dely date and if so will they be waiting 90 days for dely??

so many questions!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
There's tons of details we're curious about, but putting that aside, how effing cool is this whole thing? Provided the trucks are run-in some before embarking and not destroyed on the voyage, it's going to be an amazing experience for that trio. I do hope that Ineos creates or at least supports a Camel Trophy-type far-flung adventure. More specifically, like the CTs of the mid-late 80s when the journey was the challenge (as opposed to kayaking races, etc.). I know, I'm a nerd, but my wife is sick of me babbling on ... it's your turn 😝

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
I'm totally in agreement with you @Krabby, I'm very pleased for the lucky few selected and obviously I'm sad that it wasn't anyone on the forum. That ghost will be put to rest only if INEOS actually make a real video of the event and not just a Land Rover'esque sizzle reel with a mud splash down a gravel track fading into the sunset. If it's the hard way home then make the movie, demonstrate why its so hard, why the Grenadier is so well suited and capable, get people really, really excited.

Pretty soon the motoring press will get their hands on these and while there are enough orders to keep the factory going for a while they will need new buyers coming into the fold, we don't want this entire escapade that we're on to resemble a bathtub curve, although that level of exclusivity is seductive ;)

This type of event or challenge and others like it go a long way to sell the idea of a Grenadier to people that don't even know of its existence yet. 'Groupies' like us are dredging the internet and other media formats for anything and everything but the bottom line for better or worse is most people are not like that.

A lot on here are looking at the Grenadier as a one and done vehicle @PBD, @SteveO90290 as well as many others are hoping it's engineered to last a 'lifetime' with the appropriate maintenance is the real deal. We will absolutely need new blood to make the project long term viable and demonstrating the ability of the vehicle via some meaty content will go a long, long way in selling that.

Bottom line, INEOS just make a stonking video to sell this thing and give us some entertainment while we wait for the late deliveries.....

INEOS you did a great job with the preamble during development and more recently content substance has been a bit thin, there's plant of commentary here as well as elsewhere on that. We (I'm assuming) are now interested in cameras under the chassis showing axle articulation, in the engine bay during a water crossing, taking some hard knocks exemplifying the Grenadiers' toughness, even rescuing a stuck HGV in dubious circumstances.... INEOS you know the drill.

This of course is just my opinion formed from a lot of looking and listening to anyone and everyone about the Grenadier.

By the way, Speakers corner is now free,

Stu

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm totally in agreement with you @Krabby, I'm very pleased for the lucky few selected and obviously I'm sad that it wasn't anyone on the forum. That ghost will be put to rest only if INEOS actually make a real video of the event and not just a Land Rover'esque sizzle reel with a mud splash down a gravel track fading into the sunset. If it's the hard way home then make the movie, demonstrate why its so hard, why the Grenadier is so well suited and capable, get people really, really excited.

Pretty soon the motoring press will get their hands on these and while there are enough orders to keep the factory going for a while they will need new buyers coming into the fold, we don't want this entire escapade that we're on to resemble a bathtub curve, although that level of exclusivity is seductive ;)

This type of event or challenge and others like it go a long way to sell the idea of a Grenadier to people that don't even know of its existence yet. 'Groupies' like us are dredging the internet and other media formats for anything and everything but the bottom line for better or worse is most people are not like that.

A lot on here are looking at the Grenadier as a one and done vehicle @PBD, @SteveO90290 as well as many others are hoping it's engineered to last a 'lifetime' with the appropriate maintenance is the real deal. We will absolutely need new blood to make the project long term viable and demonstrating the ability of the vehicle via some meaty content will go a long, long way in selling that.

Bottom line, INEOS just make a stonking video to sell this thing and give us some entertainment while we wait for the late deliveries.....

INEOS you did a great job with the preamble during development and more recently content substance has been a bit thin, there's plant of commentary here as well as elsewhere on that. We (I'm assuming) are now interested in cameras under the chassis showing axle articulation, in the engine bay during a water crossing, taking some hard knocks exemplifying the Grenadiers' toughness, even rescuing a stuck HGV in dubious circumstances.... INEOS you know the drill.

This of course is just my opinion formed from a lot of looking and listening to anyone and everyone about the Grenadier.

By the way, Speakers corner is now free,

Stu
I enjoyed reading that..

For me, growing up in the shires of England, I always wanted a Range Rover, but couldn’t afford one. Now I’m (a bit) older and can afford one, I don’t want one. I grew up with LR110s and love them, in spite of their uniqueness and discomfort. Modern LRs are awesome vehicles, but in reality, they’re no different to all over lifestyle suvs.

What interested me from the start of the IG story, was it being a proper bit of kit. Build to a standard not down to a price. I’m enjoying the slightly chaotic order process and the excitement of passing the various gates that should see me in one early in 2023. All the people I’ve come across during the process have been proper people, and it seems that the Grenadier, in particular, has attracted like minded folk.

fingers crossed that the hard way delivers some great video action and that is endorses our collective confidenc…

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with @Stu_Barnes and @Ever Pragmatic (y)

The best videos come from Mark Evans. He's a really great movie and documentary maker and an adventurer as well. But sadly, he doesn't seem to be in the game anymore. I bet he would make a really fantastic series out of "The Hard Way Home"!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading that..

For me, growing up in the shires of England, I always wanted a Range Rover, but couldn’t afford one. Now I’m (a bit) older and can afford one, I don’t want one. I grew up with LR110s and love them, in spite of their uniqueness and discomfort. Modern LRs are awesome vehicles, but in reality, they’re no different to all over lifestyle suvs.

What interested me from the start of the IG story, was it being a proper bit of kit. Build to a standard not down to a price. I’m enjoying the slightly chaotic order process and the excitement of passing the various gates that should see me in one early in 2023. All the people I’ve come across during the process have been proper people, and it seems that the Grenadier, in particular, has attracted like minded folk.

fingers crossed that the hard way delivers some great video action and that is endorses our collective confidenc…
I agree with you wholeheartedly. That's exactly my point of view. I love my Land/Range Rovers. I haven't bought one since 2011. Exactly for the reason you mentioned. I have only driven Land Rovers for the last 24 years. Now the Grenadier will find a place next to them. In parallel, still looking for interesting 4x4s, although I have avoided the Asian vehicles so far. Currently I have my eye on a well-maintained IH Scout.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Hard Way Home...it will be for Ingemar...Ineos has the German flag under his name but he is from Austria...they're all confused, no no this way Ingemar;)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Wait, there were only 1000 entrants!!!

Thats a really poor turnout.

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 3.12.37 PM.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
The Hard Way Home...it will be for Ingemar...Ineos has the German flag under his name but he is from Austria...they're all confused, no no this way Ingemar;)
But I'll wager he speaks German 😁

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The best videos come from Mark Evans. He's a really great movie and documentary maker and an adventurer as well. But sadly, he doesn't seem to be in the game anymore. I bet he would make a really fantastic series out of "The Hard Way Home"!

I thought he said he was buying a Grenadier, so it would be great if he was in the convoy as well.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
I thought he said he was buying a Grenadier, so it would be great if he was in the convoy as well.
He's probably in the same waiting line as the rest of us!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wait, there were only 1000 entrants!!!

Thats a really poor turnout.

Yes this and your earlier comments regarding a bath tub curve for orders could be a real concern; but I think the real selling of these vehicles will be by the people who own them.

The farmer who turns up to the weekly market in one and answers questions positively from other farmers. Fleet mangers who speak of their high availability rates, and fleet users who rush to grab the keys on shift starts. Enthusiasts using them alongside other marques in 4x4 clubs.

It's a niche vehicle, it does not need mass marketing to succeed. It just needs to make a good name for itself by getting on and doing the job. Word of mouth will do the rest.

Of course, a good few major commercial orders with NGOs, military, police, etc will help keep the baseload production ticking over at a sustainable rate.

Success for me is they sell just above the minimum orders to maintain the business. A flat torque-like curve would do just fine.

On the Hard Way Home itself ~ Ineos could take a lead from Camel Trophy who used to rotate in journalists from each participating country to share the experience and provide lots of media coverage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom