The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wind Noise with fitted INEOS light bar - help!

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Last weekend was my first long motorway trip in the new Fieldmaster. However after an hour I struggled to carry on as I couldn’t deal with the whistling wind noise that, I’d guess, is down to the light bar, fitted as per the order, with the 2 cross bars. When I collected the car the front cross bar with the light bar attached was sitting right on top of the safari windows- so they couldn’t open, so I asked they moved it forward. All good. The cross bar now sits as far forward as it can, which is (I guess) why the wind noise over 50-60mph is so bad.
My options are:
A) move the front cross bar back and block the windows from opening (no thanks)
B) ditch the light bar all together (no thanks)
C) buy a new more fitted light bar (black sheep?)
D) buy a deflector, although no idea if that’s going to solve the problem.

Anyone had similar any any ideas welcome.

Thank you.

Local time
Reaction score
I tried this bracket with a new vortex bar however even fully tightened the light bar started to vibrate a little when the car’s driven over 60mph and that causes a resonance which makes driving impossible. I’d guess Ineos chose not to fit this bracket for that reason.
I’ll go back to the original bar and try with that, as it’s more sturdy, but I’m not convinced it will work.

Vote:
Upvote 0

cjsmith

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
I tried this bracket with a new vortex bar however even fully tightened the light bar started to vibrate a little when the car’s driven over 60mph and that causes a resonance which makes driving impossible. I’d guess Ineos chose not to fit this bracket for that reason.
I’ll go back to the original bar and try with that, as it’s more sturdy, but I’m not convinced it will work.
Nothing I tried on the cross bars on my pickup worked until I put a $100 wind deflector on.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
Reaction score
Update
I imported the Rhino bracket (43174) from the USA however it doesn’t fit the INEOS cross bars as they are a good 1-2 inches wider than the standard Rhiho bars. The bracket is way too short unfortunately.
I went back the having 1 Rhino bar placed over the B pillar behind the safari windows and moved the light bar from underneath the cross bar (as the hump on the roof by the B pillar means the light bar won’t fit underneath the cross bar if it’s located there) to on top of it. I also plugged all the grooves with the Rhino vortex rubber strips (VA-VGS8).
The whistling noise has totally gone and overall wind noise is much better- about same as without the door bar and light strip. On my Apple Watch the noise in the cabin was ~ 63 decibels at 55mph, 72-75 at 70-80 mph.
Happy now.

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    773.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2036.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom