The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winches

Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering who ordered the factory winch with their order and how is it? Was it a fair value?
Did you prefer to install your own considering having to upgrade the front suspension?
Did you care about having one?

Thanks
Jeff

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
It's a fair value in that it's fully integrated and hidden in the bumper from factory. No suspension upgrades required.

TTipton

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering who ordered the factory winch with their order and how is it? Was it a fair value?
Did you prefer to install your own considering having to upgrade the front suspension?
Did you care about having one?

Thanks
Jeff
I ordered my G with the factory winch included. Givin I'm in the US (Houston) and the Grenadier is just now being sold in the states, I was told that there aren't too many third-party companies that have worked on the Grenadier or have the knowhow to install a third-party winch. I did call a few of the offroad shops in town and while they said they could make it work, they hadn't actually done the work yet. This should clearly change over time, but for now, I opted to take the dealers advice and order the factory installed winch. Especially since I haven't seen any real negative reviews.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
I ordered my G with the factory winch included. Givin I'm in the US (Houston) and the Grenadier is just now being sold in the states, I was told that there aren't too many third-party companies that have worked on the Grenadier or have the knowhow to install a third-party winch. I did call a few of the offroad shops in town and while they said they could make it work, they hadn't actually done the work yet. This should clearly change over time, but for now, I opted to take the dealers advice and order the factory installed winch. Especially since I haven't seen any real negative reviews.

Whoever told you that probably worked for INEOS. Pretty much all of the major winch manufactures were asked for a design and were given (prior to manufacture) a manual, set of drawing and the design criteria. They also had to sign an NDA and legally agree (if not selected) to not use any technical details or drawings to make a winch for (I think, 5 years).
In my estimate that means there will be a plethora of winches available in 2025/26

The RED winch is great, they are a good company, however I do question the useability of only 12 (or so) meters of rope.
Also I would want to see the rope winding back on the winch.
It's European health a safety rules that have forced the winch to be hidden behing crumple-zones etc.

Do you have the same rules in the USA ?

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whoever told you that probably worked for INEOS. Pretty much all of the major winch manufactures were asked for a design and were given (prior to manufacture) a manual, set of drawing and the design criteria. They also had to sign an NDA and legally agree (if not selected) to not use any technical details or drawings to make a winch for (I think, 5 years).
In my estimate that means there will be a plethora of winches available in 2025/26

The RED winch is great, they are a good company, however I do question the useability of only 12 (or so) meters of rope.
Also I would want to see the rope winding back on the winch.
It's European health a safety rules that have forced the winch to be hidden behing crumple-zones etc.

I am uncertain of USA Rules and Regs on Front Bumper mounted winches with regard to protrusion and crumple zones, but my guess is things are pretty lax in that department.

On the FB forums this Bumper with Winch mount was recently announced, as noted above, these aftermarket solutions may not be as elegant, but they open the door to a plethora of aftermarket winch options.

Attachments

• 427695976_373025158847389_587939022381858790_n.jpg
    427695976_373025158847389_587939022381858790_n.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 423236273_373025212180717_5310988590369711533_n.jpg
    423236273_373025212180717_5310988590369711533_n.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 61

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I do not believe the US has adopted pedestrian impact safely rules at this time. The NHTSA has proposed they adopt some last year: https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...thiness-pedestrian-protection-testing-program

That said - the US is a patchwork of law enforcement across a massive territory and number of people with a combination of national and state laws - enforcement varies wildly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, with no police force expressly tasked with enforcing national laws at the local level.

It has been my experience that my local police are not aware of the FMVSS (federal motor vehicle safety standards) and instead rely on what they know via state law (which often mirrors FMVSS).

Police officers / population / pop density:
Germany 289,000 / 83.2 Million / 239 km2
France 150,000 / 67.75 Million / 118 km2
England 150,697 / 55.98 Million / 434 km2
USA 708,000 / 331.9 Million / 37 km2

Many states do not require annual inspection of vehicles and most rural localities do not mandate regular emissions testing.

In the area where I reside in the state of Virginia, we have annual safety inspections and emissions testing every other year. Ten or fifteen miles away in the state of Maryland, cars only get a safety inspection when they are bought or sold.

All that to say, regulation of aftermarket bumpers is non existent.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
I am uncertain of USA Rules and Regs on Front Bumper mounted winches with regard to protrusion and crumple zones, but my guess is things are pretty lax in that department.

On the FB forums this Bumper with Winch mount was recently announced, as noted above, these aftermarket solutions may not be as elegant, but they open the door to a plethora of aftermarket winch options.
Is this a plug and play solution for the Warn winch or is the housing custom made? I’m not on Facebook😊.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is this a plug and play solution for the Warn winch or is the housing custom made? I’m not on Facebook😊.
Any Warn winch would require a new bumper/winch cradle (LeTech does the middle section of the bumper alone, other companies already make full bumper replacements). These options will definitely increase in the coming months as more companies do the R&D to develop products for the Grenadier

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It has been stated on Facebook that bumper in picture is a whole new unit. So you need to buy the bumper and then winch when available.

Back
Top Bottom