The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

White rims? Thoughts?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
I certainly don't hate it.

edit - for those who have not viewed the new NA Q&A video from the other day, the question about factory white rims was asked and the answer was certainly not at this time.
I looked at it and my immediate reaction was yuck, some ones is trying too hard to recreate a defender

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score

I really like this colour scheme but probably wouldn’t drive it myself. Yes I know that doesn’t make much sense.

I chose alloys on my IG as I thought at some point there will be plenty of steel wheels turning up on eBay as people decide to get after market alloys. If I pick a set of those up I would probably have a play with the colour. If the tyres are off you are looking at about £40 a wheel to have them powder coated, which is great if you are having new tyres fitted later on.

Ineos don need to offer different coloured wheels, the choice is infinite if you have powder coating or spray them yourself.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
Make sure you colour match them to the cream white roof or they will look a bit strange
Absolutely! I will rely on experts, they might have the right colour codes...

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
That limestone is the quintessential off white that would work best with a similar roof.
Who cares if it mimics the Landy?
yes the roof is the same colour as the wheels on wires series.

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
not a fan of the IG black steelies. the shopped white versions look better but it's still a miss imo.

would like to see a pic of shopped white wagon steelies from a 70's jeep put on the IG

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
I would like white rims, to match the white (Scottish White?) roof, in particular because otherwise there is just too much of a ‘Sea of Black’ effect from the door sills on down.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Buy a pack of index/palm cards from a stationary store and get a couple of cans of white plasti dip. Take wheel off, tuck the indwx cards between rim and tyre all around to mask the tyre and spray. Voila, white wheels, if you don’t like it you can peel it off. If you like it then when it wears off get your wheels sprayed or powder coated white.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
Lighter color wheels may offer an advantage for damage detection. I recall that heavy duty truck wheels that are finished in black often have a bright finish at the edge of the rim, the idea being that road damage, such as dents and bends, may be more visible when viewed against the black tire.

Back
Top Bottom