The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

White rims? Thoughts?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
I'm liking the steel wheels as an option. What do people think about using white steel rims? I see the new defender has them as an option, and I've seen them old Defenders.

I'm thinking a Green Grenadier with white contrast roof and white wheels would be pretty sweet?

Thoughts?
Would be easy to do plasti dip as a shorter term option or a trial run, and if you like it you can have your wheels either painted or powder coated.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
I'm liking the steel wheels as an option. What do people think about using white steel rims? I see the new defender has them as an option, and I've seen them old Defenders.

I'm thinking a Green Grenadier with white contrast roof and white wheels would be pretty sweet?

Thoughts?
Had that same thougt:

Melbourne Drive Day

Britannia Blue with white roof. I guess my first mod will be white rims, just to let it look more similar to my TD5 (metallic green however...)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
This Bronco was in Tread Magazine over the summer. I don’t like the white grille, but I think this shade of green with white wheels looks nice. A bit like Series green and limestone.
Here’s another pic.

Attachments

• AF1D016B-B895-47CB-8ECA-F8E10858EE05.jpeg
    AF1D016B-B895-47CB-8ECA-F8E10858EE05.jpeg
    940 KB · Views: 29

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't like the look of the vehicle at all or how easily the panels come off.
Same with the wrangler
Wasn’t commenting on anything but a green truck with white wheels. But I do like the Bronco.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I already had white rims, I had polished rims. I was cleaning the rims every Saturday. I didn´t want to do that any longer.
Since 2010 I´ve been driving the same black rims (powder-coated) on my Toyota(s). Easy to clean, when I want to - because I don´t really need to!
Most times I clean the rims, when I have to clean the TIRES (THEY are dirty).
I like to see white rims, they look fine, especially in combination with dark green colour and a white roof ("Defender Style") - but not for myself. ;)

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm, well, Gold Coast.
Snow actually occurs in Queensland at an average of just over one day per year. So, while not being a typical winter feature, it's certainly not unheard of.
The Bureau of Meteorology has only three official records of snow in Brisbane: June 1927, June 1932 (witnessed by seven people), and September 1958 (light flakes were seen by four people at 5:15pm in Moorooka, Wooloowin, Bowen Hills and Taringa.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Hmm, well, Gold Coast.
Snow actually occurs in Queensland at an average of just over one day per year. So, while not being a typical winter feature, it's certainly not unheard of.
The Bureau of Meteorology has only three official records of snow in Brisbane: June 1927, June 1932 (witnessed by seven people), and September 1958 (light flakes were seen by four people at 5:15pm in Moorooka, Wooloowin, Bowen Hills and Taringa.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Looks like someone just out googled you @DaveB. 😉

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Hmm, well, Gold Coast.
Stanthorpe

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I certainly don't hate it.

edit - for those who have not viewed the new NA Q&A video from the other day, the question about factory white rims was asked and the answer was certainly not at this time.

Back
Top Bottom