The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Where is your Grenadier?

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
It looks like I’ll pick up my IG next Saturday. I think it’s in town already, but that is as soon as I can get there with my wife to sign the paperwork. No ‘deals’ on the trade in and I’m sure that they will find something to take off that, but that’s the game since they can’t play with the sticker.

Hard to believe that the wait is coming to the end? Getting it has been an abstract idea since the concept was launched, in what, 2018? Before? When did pre-orders start? Late 2021? My wife isn’t hip on the whole idea- and she points out I won’t let her buy 1st year new-model cars, and here I’m like at three or four levels of ‘new’ past that. I’ve kept cars for long times, and bought used. Last new car was 2003- she thinks I’ll dump this after a few years. We’ll see…

So happy for you MileHigh. I should be getting mine in a week or so as well. Keep us posted please.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It looks like I’ll pick up my IG next Saturday. I think it’s in town already, but that is as soon as I can get there with my wife to sign the paperwork. No ‘deals’ on the trade in and I’m sure that they will find something to take off that, but that’s the game since they can’t play with the sticker.

Hard to believe that the wait is coming to the end? Getting it has been an abstract idea since the concept was launched, in what, 2018? Before? When did pre-orders start? Late 2021? My wife isn’t hip on the whole idea- and she points out I won’t let her buy 1st year new-model cars, and here I’m like at three or four levels of ‘new’ past that. I’ve kept cars for long times, and bought used. Last new car was 2003- she thinks I’ll dump this after a few years. We’ll see…
Hi MileHigh, Wow, that day you have been waiting for years is almost here. I know the feelings. Excitement mixed with have I done the right thing.
Years of anticipation boiled down to that first look and drive. Now that I have had mine for almost a month, I find myself relaxing into my New Grenadier and enjoying it.
The On-Road daily driving is engaging and literally fun. I find myself having a chuckle just heading off to StarBucks. Off-Road is nothing short of amazing, as it is here where the Grenadier is meant to be and delights you at every bump, gully, hill and decent. Going off roading helped get my wife onboard. Turns out she likes to tell me how to drive even when off road like.....take that line....move over there....avoid that large boulder.....watch that bush. Turns out she has good instinct, who knew! Now I have a bonafide co-pilot. Can't wait to make her drive and tell her where to go. Miles of smiles to you and your wife. DaBull

Bigstein

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
Picked mine up today and loving every minute of it. Had a good laugh as well. Guy turned a corner in a nice new red Ferrari Portofino M and did a double take looking at my Grenadier.

Still don't believe the wait is really over. Man I love this thing!!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up today and loving every minute of it. Had a good laugh as well. Guy turned a corner in a nice new red Ferrari Portofino M and did a double take looking at my Grenadier.

Congrats! Have fun with it.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Congrats BigStein! I'm so jealous! Hoping to get mine soon!!!

Mallig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
I asked my dealer to escalate a request on my vehicle's status beyond just what their system is showing. My dealer has been great with communicating with me and they promptly reached out to the Ineos logistics folks. Initial system views showed my vehicle was built on Jan 22, 2024, and was supposed to be in transit on 3/02/2024, reaching port around 3/20/2024. Further investigation showed it never shipped (no reason given). The logistics folks are now expecting my VIN to be loaded on the vessel leaving Zeebrugge on 4/25 with an ETA to Brunswick on 5/13.

Not nearly as early as I'd hoped, but at least I'm no longer completely in the dark as to the whereabouts of my Grenadier.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got a fresh update after emailing IA. They double checked the status and it is in fact still at the factory awaiting collection and shipping. This is the third time I've been told this, the first being February 12th. They won't say when it was actually built and parked. They chalk it up to small windows for shipping every month and the Key bridge collapse in Baltimore. I get that, I really do, but the randomness of the process is annoying. How my 125** VIN has been sitting there for 2+ months now is beyond me. Is it even under shelter, or just baking in the French sun? I see solar panels on the lots via satellite and street view, but there's no guarantee it's under one.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, I know exactly where my Grenadier is. 🥺
Judy Davis Ocean GIF by Madman Films

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Guys, that really sucks. It’s almost kafkaesque. I hope your trial ends soon.

Gaffer

Production/Transit
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I asked my dealer to escalate a request on my vehicle's status beyond just what their system is showing. My dealer has been great with communicating with me and they promptly reached out to the Ineos logistics folks. Initial system views showed my vehicle was built on Jan 22, 2024, and was supposed to be in transit on 3/02/2024, reaching port around 3/20/2024. Further investigation showed it never shipped (no reason given). The logistics folks are now expecting my VIN to be loaded on the vessel leaving Zeebrugge on 4/25 with an ETA to Brunswick on 5/13.

Not nearly as early as I'd hoped, but at least I'm no longer completely in the dark as to the whereabouts of my Grenadier.
Glad to hear so. I wish you well with it.

Ash

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Anybody know how to find a list of VINs aboard this thing? I think my truck is on it, but I won't believe it until I see a positive ID.

1713448951381.jpg

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I wish I knew. I ordered in September of 2023 with production to begin in March of 2024. It is the end of April of 2024 and since September my dealer has gone radio silent then defunct. I chose a replacement dealer and still no word. I'm not complaining but being an engineer (operational / planner) I am not optimistic. No one I am in touch with knows or wants to talk about what the hitch in the giddy up is.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wish I knew. I ordered in September of 2023 with production to begin in March of 2024. It is the end of April of 2024 and since September my dealer has gone radio silent then defunct. I chose a replacement dealer and still no word. I'm not complaining but being an engineer (operational / planner) I am not optimistic. No one I am in touch with knows or wants to talk about what the hitch in the giddy up is.
You should be able to contact Ineos customer support and get a progress update, or contact your dealer

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well... I finally got the call the I've been waiting for! Mir, the Ineos Grenadier Manager here in San Diego called me yesterday. And he shared this video http://drvm.io/MjlmYTU1. I will be able to see my car tomorrow!
Hi Jack123, Congratulations. Enjoy the pick up, you only get to do it once. DaBull

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jack123, Congratulations. Enjoy the pick up, you only get to do it once. DaBull
Thanks much guys! And here it is! Picked it up today and loving every minute of it! Thanks so much for all your posts and encouragement!!!

Attachments

• Grenadier.JPG
    Grenadier.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 11

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks much guys! And here it is! Picked it up today and loving every minute of it! Thanks so much for all your posts and encouragement!!!
Congratulation ! Have fun with the Grenadier.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulation ! Have fun with the Grenadier.

Thanks much Rovie!

The folks at the San Diego Mossy Ineos were awesome - led by the Manager, Mir Sadat. And his accomplice was extra professional - Kalen Cadiz. Thanks so much for the wonderful experience!!!

Mallig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations @Jack123 !

In the end, I decided I couldn't wait anymore and found a similar build to mine at another dealer. Flew up on Wednesday and drove it 750 miles back home on Thursday. Absolutely love it. The only differences were all things I hadn't ordered but don't mind having them (leather vice cloth seats, the High Load Aux Switches, and the air intake). I still plan on deleting the air intake once I get the air intake cover and A pillar covers.

I notified my original dealer and they were completely understanding. Mossy in Houston have been great to work with and I'll still be using them for service and parts support.

I was stopped multiple times at gas stations and rest stops from people asking what it was (a few knew and just wanted to look at it). This thing gets attention!

Grenadier(1).jpg

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations @Jack123 !

In the end, I decided I couldn't wait anymore and found a similar build to mine at another dealer. Flew up on Wednesday and drove it 750 miles back home on Thursday. Absolutely love it. The only differences were all things I hadn't ordered but don't mind having them (leather vice cloth seats, the High Load Aux Switches, and the air intake). I still plan on deleting the air intake once I get the air intake cover and A pillar covers.

I notified my original dealer and they were completely understanding. Mossy in Houston have been great to work with and I'll still be using them for service and parts support.

I was stopped multiple times at gas stations and rest stops from people asking what it was (a few knew and just wanted to look at it). This thing gets attention!

View attachment 7854773

Beautiful! Congrats Mallig!!!

Back
Top Bottom